PDA

View Full Version : Back Pain

Tsai li fu
03-30-2004, 12:23 PM
So i was doing some squats this morning, say-- 60, not many. After i was done, i felt a little bit of back pain then i decided to squat again just to see if my posture was wrong, after that it begin to hurt worser. often when i use certain movements involving my back thats when it hurts. I'm 17 but anybody at any age can hurt their back, but thats not the point.

I just want to know what could i have done wrong? any kind of help would be appreciated.

Suntzu
03-30-2004, 12:47 PM
weighted squats?… stretch… ice… hot bath… let it get better… don't push it too much… SLOWLY build up the strength in your back….

Toby
03-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Like Suntzu says, take it easy. Most important is form. Keep the arch in your back and build up the strength. Worst thing you can do is round your back and try to lift too much. That's a surefire recipe for back pain.

Tsai li fu
03-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Hey again,

Thanks for the replys. But one thing i wanted to mention was that the typical squats i was doing were close-in, butt touches the heels/not including weights. At the time i met with the heels i feel this uncomfort in my back, its probably a curve. I think i may need to build the strength and flexibility back again because with my sihing i don't have these kind of problems.

Toby
03-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Where's Ironfist? He squats like this. IRON! IIIIRON!

IronFist
03-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Huh? I got the impression he was doing Hindu Squats.

You were doing weightless squats for reptitions, right? Are you coming up on your toes at the bottom of the movement?

Welcome to the forum, btw.

Toby
04-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh, sorry, you're probably right. I somehow missed the weightless part. I just saw narrow stance and butt touches heels.

IronFist
04-01-2004, 12:46 AM
I don't do squats THAT narrowly, do I? I'm like maybe shoulder width or a little wider than shoulder width. But I certianly don't do these wide stance squats that some PL's do.