PDA

View Full Version : Choy, Kuen, or Chuan?

Tap Man
02-22-2001, 09:01 PM
Hello all,

Its Tap Man again. I have a question and i would like to hear from all lineages or branches of wing chun that would like to respond. I am not concerned with the politics of martial arts i believe if it works for you then thats great train it. Based off of health, self defense, and philosophy what area do you feel is stressed more than the other in your school/branch? I don't need to know what school your with or lineage. just what you feel is stressed or under appreciated. Some Wing Chun people i talk to seem to have more philosophy in their training, while others have more self defense applications taught. I would like to know what others think about their training and if also would like to comment on how close do you think this is to the arts original intention as far as yin/yang balance goes.
Thanks for any responses i get!
Tap Man out

whippinghand
07-22-2001, 10:33 PM
Of health, self defense, and philosohpy, non of the above. My focus is martial art, stressing the word "martial".

From training comes philosophy, not vice versa.

[Censored]
07-23-2001, 12:34 AM
From training comes philosophy, not vice versa.

Exactly. To ape martial movements without building martial ability is wasteful. To then claim an understanding of the underlying principles and philosophy, is the worst kind of self-delusion.