PDA

View Full Version : Front Squat + Jerk

fa_jing
03-31-2004, 11:24 AM
I just did a number of sets of these with my KB's, and found it a real challenging exercise, especially systemically. I think you would get a similar good experience if you try with a Barbell at a weight where you can do 8-10 reps. The key is coming up out of the squat, accelerating at the top with enough speed to do your jerk. What's easy at rep 2 is difficult at rep 6....

My workout was
5 reps MP L/R + warmup

48 KGS:

FS + Jerk 8 reps
Double Snatch 5 reps (no rack in between reps)

repeat 4 times. 2:30 rest between sets

then FS + Jerk 6 reps, had enough, rack fried

BW187.

Ford Prefect
03-31-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Fajing,

I use these as a warm-up exercise with the light bells. I did the same when oly lifting with a barbell as most warm-up complexes by US and Europian coaches use a back squat > jerk or front squat > jerk movement.

My typical warm-up would be:

Complex (circuit) 1 x2:
-snatch stance stretch w/bar x30-60 sec
-snatch rotations (barbell cuban press) x5-10
-snatch-grip military press x5-10
-overhead squat x5-10

Complex 2 x1:
-Snatch hanging high pull x5-10
-clean hanging high pull x5-10
-squat press (either fron or back) x5-10
-goodmorning x5-10
-barbell row x5-10

I'm trying to come with a similar warm-up using kettlebells and clubbells, but so far no luck.

stubbs
03-31-2004, 01:55 PM
i did clean squat and press for the first time monday and i was suprised at how much of a cardio workout it was! i couldn't do nearly as many as thought i might but i felt great the next day. gonna do some tomorrow with high reps to focus on my technique first, but next week im gonna aim for about 6 sets of 4 and that'll be the only exercise im gonna do for my weightlifting days (mon&thurs).
________
Upskirt Mall (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1121/mall/videos/1)