PDA

View Full Version : Is hotmail messed up for anyone else? (help?)

IronFist
04-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Since about 6:30pm yesterday (about 7 hours ago) I haven't been able to log in. I get "The Page Cannot Be Displayed."

Here's what happens:

I get the log in screen

I type in my name and password

It STARTS to load the home/inbox thing

By the time the status bar is like 1/3 way done it stops and I get the "Page cannot be displayed" screen.

BUT,

If I enter the wrong password, I get the "you entered the wrong password screen.

AND,

I can log into to my yahoo account, and this site, and every other site

AND,

I can log into hotmail through AOL's browser, but I don't want to do that. Why doesn't it work in IE?

I deleted old files, cleared cookies, reset internet options to default, ran a SpyBot and AdAware scan, and am now running Norton Virus scans and Trend Micro online virus scans. Everything came up clean. And I rebooted.

wtf?

Help.

Thanks.

Kristoffer
04-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Somethimes when I write my password and the page starts to load, it won't come up. It just turns into a blank page. Then I hit refresh and then it either works or I have to write the password again.
If you have more than one hotmail account, try log in on them too.

EDIT: my hotmail works, just tried it

David Jamieson
04-01-2004, 04:36 AM
nope, it's just you IF.

so stop sending out those anti Bush propaganda links. :D

he's suing everyone who doesn't like him you know.

manofkent
04-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Same hear. but also, even now i can get on to it, my emails never arive!!!!

talking of bush and stuff, type in weapons of mass destruction in to google, and look closely.

Suntzu
04-01-2004, 07:44 AM
just tried..... not working yet.... hotmail sucks...

IronFist
04-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Fvck it still doesn't work.

There must be something wrong with my IE, cuz I can access it through AOL's browser still. What the **** is going on?

Is there a hotmail-blocking virus or something?

Hey computer guys, what would I check to see if something is blocking my hotmail access?

sean_stonehart
04-01-2004, 11:16 AM
I can't get to Hotmail either... oh well...

MasterKiller
04-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
Hey computer guys, what would I check to see if something is blocking my hotmail access? Type this URL: www.hotmail.com

If it doesn't come up....something is blocking it. :D

IronFist
04-01-2004, 12:33 PM
^ I'm so not in the mood for jokes right now.

Again, here's what's going on:

Using IE 6.0.

I get get the hotmail "enter your password screen."

If I enter the wrong password, it says "please reenter your password."

If I enter the right password, I get loading... loading... the page cannot be displayed.

I CAN log into yahoo mail, comcast mail, etc., so it's not like a cookie or SSL issue.

I CAN log into hotmail from my AOL browser, so it's not a computer issue.

I just think something somewhere is preventing me from accessing my hotmail account with IE. Where would a script like this hide, and how would I search for it? Two virus scans said I'm ok, SpyBot and AdAware came up clean, and I cleared all cookies and files and history and stuff.

MasterKiller
04-01-2004, 12:37 PM
I imagine hotmail is just down. It happens.

IronFist
04-01-2004, 12:40 PM
No. Because I can access it from my AOL browser, and other people can access their accounts, too. It's just my IE is preventing me from logging in.

brothernumber9
04-01-2004, 12:46 PM
you have dial up, DSL, cable or satellite ?

IronFist
04-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Cable. It was working fine with IE until 6:30pm yesterday.

IronFist
04-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Wtf? It works again?

F. hotmail.

I'm still open to discussing reasons why I was having that problem before.

Toby
04-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Secret Windows business. :D

I like to shut down my browser and start it up and try again. If that doesn't work, restart the computer and try again. I occasionally get glitches like this with Mozilla under Windows XP and linux and a restart of either browser or OS fixes it.

fa_jing
04-01-2004, 07:43 PM
I have had a similar problem with Yahoo mail all week long - even if I enter an invalid un/pwd, doesn't matter, keep getting "999 - the page cannot be displayed" I was even going to post here on KFO about it. But, I found a workaround - if I click the option for "secure" first, I can get in. I think it's some kind of virus or else a security setting that the e-mail providers have changed, as a result of a virus.

manofkent
04-05-2004, 08:32 AM
still having probs with hotmail, but i can only get on it from my pc at work. it's still not working at home