PDA

View Full Version : An Empty Cup.

Lau Shr
06-11-2001, 08:20 PM
I love all that is Wing Chun. I've been training in Gung Fu for 22 years now and in my travels have learned to keep my eyes, ears and mind open and my mouth shut. Wing Chun to me is a passion. I study it every day of my life and from as many angles as I can. I do not follow any one Grandmaster. I think that EVERY Grandmaster has something to offer and should not be labeled as the GENUINE or the FAKE Wing Chun. I have however seen WC "masters" that break very simple laws. It is most unfortunate that there are indeed "low level" teachers out there making a buck off the ignorance of new WC practitioners. But as is the case in any other art.... there will always be the con artists.

Ah-mee-toh-fuo

Sharky
06-11-2001, 08:31 PM
and....

My anus is superiorâ„¢

TzuChan
06-11-2001, 09:12 PM
Keep your eyes and ears open, and SHUT THE HELL UP ! :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

harry_the_monk
06-12-2001, 12:32 PM
:)

saulauchung
06-12-2001, 01:50 PM
Lau Shr, who in your opinion are the (living) Grandmasters and why? I think everyone would agree that bloodline or a claimed student of a great teacher implies nothing. To me a Grandmaster or a great teacher is judged by the levels of his top students. He needn't show how good he is because by the levels of his top students, you can get a fair idea how good he is.

When you want to know how good an academic institution is, you consider the levels and accomplishments of their graduates and not by what they (the institution) or others claim.

I think credit should be given to those that are genuine.

Lau Shr
06-12-2001, 07:42 PM
I have studied very hard under William Cheung but I have also had the pleasure of studying Duncan Leung, Alan Lee, Wong Shun Leung and many more. I have to be honest when I say I can't answer your question. I am not the type of person to criticize and I'm not going to start now. Having a background in (forgive my spelling) Ishyun Ryu, Kali Escrima and White Crane... all from my younger days... I have found Wing Chun to always run parallel with my spirit. I read in past columns asking if WC was an internal art. My answer to that question is that to "me" YES! it is. An art is only as good as the artist. I have trained with WC practitioners from all different lines that are very good.... but the opposite also stands true. I'm sorry that I could not answer your question. But like I stated in my first letter. I'm an emty cup.

Ah-mee-toh-fuo

tiger_1
06-14-2001, 03:03 AM
im see you have good experience and hard work in past. im thinks man like you is only road to show future in wing chun and in last to make wing chun to great lewel in kung fu world .you have good opinion and progresiv and many hiden theme here . fine topic and im hope for many more topic like that in wing chun forum - just friendly tiger_1 :cool:

/

tiger_1
06-14-2001, 03:13 AM
BLOOD LINE IS NOTING SERIOS AND NOTING GARANTY IN WING CHUN WORLD. PROGRESION IS INSIDE ROAD OF SINGLE WINGCHUNGERS NOT IN WING CHUN SHOOL IM THINKS. ARE WE ARE ROBOTIC ? ARE WE CANT SEE MORE ? FOR SOME MENS THAT IS DESTRUCTION BUT FOR ONTHERS PROGRES. - BUT JUST MY OPINION tiger_1 (all wing chun legends have somting new for wing chun worlds , here we have man tho is first hand of old wing chun masters and that is privelege for all here im mean and hope for smart opinion and theme ( topic ) of all old wingchungers here) :cool:

/