PDA

View Full Version : Ever run with a parachute before?

IronFist
04-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Click (http://store.titleboxing.com/title-speed-chute.html).

FooFighter
04-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Yes I have used the chute to build starting explosive lower body strength. I have also used the sled and also the rubber tubing connected to a vest. The sled is cool but you need space and it not easy to carry around along with like a 45Lb plate. The ruber tubing vest is cool, but you need a partner to hold you down as you explosive into a run. So, I think the chute is probably the cheapest tool to build starting speed.

IronFist
04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Couldn't you just run uphill instead?

FooFighter
04-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Iron:

In terms of speed, "starting" power should be specific toward your endeavour. I dont think running up stairs or hills will help build starting power. What is great about the chute is once you hit a wall, you release cord of the chute and boom you fly like a ghost! It is like kicking with combat boots, then taking them off and you notice how faster your legs feel. Besides most martial starting speed position is on a linear plane. For example, shoots, striking, etc.

trevorstalker
04-03-2004, 01:48 PM
IronFist,

I use this (http://www.swiminfo.com/swimshop/shop_detail.asp?iPid=745&iCatId=7) in the pool (but I use the bucket). It's a killer exercise, the effect is the same of the drag chute while running. Besides explosive starting power, the chute also builds endurance, overall strenght and is a great plateau buster.

IronFist
04-03-2004, 04:03 PM
I wasn't really interested in it, I was just curious if anyone had ever used one before :)

That swimming one is crazy.

FooFighter
04-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Iron:

I agree the swimming one is nuts. Just recently I sold my Power sled. It was too impractical for me and the swimming one would be impractical for me. The chute and rubber tubbing/vest seems more practical and user friendly.

trevorstalker
04-04-2004, 03:22 PM
hey hey! What's so crazy about the swimming chute?! ;) :D

The drag effect is even greater underwater, and the exercise will not only build strenght, but it will teach you to pay closer attention to technique, since the chute/bucket is gonna respond if you drop a elbow during a stroke or if you do it in an oper/closer manner. I tend to shift from chute training to regular training, so I don't get staggered in any plateau.

But then again, different strokes for different folks... :)

rubthebuddha
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
worst

pun

ever. ;)

Ford Prefect
04-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I've jumped out of a plane with a parachute before, but never ran with one. ;) I use a dragging sled though.

rubthebuddha
04-05-2004, 01:17 PM
last time ford jumped out of a plane with a dragging sled, the splat could be heard for miles. ;)

Ford Prefect
04-06-2004, 09:33 AM
That would be painful.