PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Internal stylist Instuctor in Taipei

dre_doggX
04-04-2004, 10:36 AM
I am going to Taipei, Tawian on a missonary trip, for the summer so i need a find a good Tai chi or Bagua, Xing yi Instructor.

SPJ
04-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi;

You may try Kuo Shu club in any college or university. They usually teach Praying Mantis, Ba Ji and Tai Ji Quan. Ba Gua and Xing Yi are not as readily available. However, if you talk to one of the instructor, he or she may direct you to the right person.

If not, go to any city park or university campus and locate a crowd that are practicing in the morning and ask.

I was among the crowd 20 years ago.

Good luck and always say "Hsie Hsie".

BAI HE
04-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Luo Dexiu. You simply must see and feel Luo's BaGua hand.
He's coming this summer, the schedule is posted on www.emptyflower.com or www.yizongbagua.com.

He lives and teaches(Gao Style BGZ and Hebei Xingyi) in Taiwan.
You can find the details in the aforementioned sites.
Luo Laoshi is the goods, Period.

Good luck in your travels Dre and have a good trip.

Best,
Pete

SPJ
04-06-2004, 07:27 AM
I was taught the old way.

You may join a class for a short while and learn some of the basic moves and have fun for some of your newly aquired knowledge.

You may have to have an open mind for the theory of Daoism, Tai Ji Ba Gua and all. For the most part, the Book of Change (Yi Jing) is used to study changes from cosmic events to moves of Wushu.

You may find my books greatly help you on the way.

But if you are serious about the whole thing, you have to be accepted as a "student". You need commitment of a lot of time and patience. Practice, practice and practice. Study, study and study. Your master or teacher will show you all.

Think of a dance lesson, a piano or violin lessons. You would know learning any Wushu lessons require more than any of the other learning.

Internal learning is much, much harder than external. We are talking about decades of practice and study.

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. So they said.

dre_doggX
04-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Iam only staying for the summer, so what about Xingyi Quan, its simple and will help me in the basics. Know any Xinyiquan instructors???

SPJ
04-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Xing Yi Quan:

1) 5 elements: Pi Bun Zuan Pao Heng.

2) 12 animals

3) 8 character gong.

4) Xing Yi staff.

They are simple but effective. Have fun!

I moved to US 18 years ago. Most of my aquaintences are lost in contact.

In the summer, all the colleges and university are closed. You may have to resort to the city park or US information service offices. Sorry I do not have someone to refer you to.

Buddy
04-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm with Bai He. Find Luo Dexiu at the Pavillion in the park.
Buddy

dre_doggX
04-20-2004, 09:02 PM
does anyone know any wu tai chi teacher