PDA

View Full Version : Advanced technics

jesper
04-05-2004, 02:44 PM
I reasonly went with my cousine to his tkd club to see what they where learning at the higher levels.

And I must admit it looked spectacular and very difficult to perform with all these flying kicks and stuff. Well anyway after class I was talking to his teacher and he asked me to show some advance WT technics, so I demonstrated the straight punch.

Im afraid he got a little annoyed with me and thought I was making fun of him.

Just a little thought on the different philosophy between our schools :)

Phil Redmond
04-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I have to admit that was a good one.

OdderMensch
04-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Once I was talking with a friend and the subject of MA came up. He said how he was trained in some bizzare sounding japanese sytem I had never heard of. He the proceded to show me this ridiculesly complex spining kick backfist thingie, and offered me the oportunity to show him something. I said "Ok this is or most advanced, complex technique." Setttled into my YKMY with some fan fare, threw out a punch and preformed a Huen Sau! The look on his face was priceless.

Tom Kagan
04-06-2004, 09:26 AM
If someone wants to hurt you and they cannot, you've won. The most advanced and efficient technique is the skill to, at will, do nothing and still emerge victorious.

Not too many people have trained their skills to that level.

:cool:

PaulH
04-06-2004, 09:55 AM
The most advanced technique to me is an action that is pure - a no-thinking action. WC is designed with this sort of power in mind.

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
technic of " Non streching Zero delay non exhaust" power generation. :D

Believe it or not :D

PaulH
04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Hendrik, that should total it. Ha! Ha!

Phenix
04-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by PaulH
Hendrik, that should total it. Ha! Ha!

One who has seen it knows it existed. It is not a believe. Hahahhahahaa

PaulH
04-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Well the phenomenon cuts across other martial arts as well. So far the emphasis have been heavily laid on meditation of the non thinking of the action. Perhaps you know a quick WCK shortcut?

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Well the phenomenon cuts across other martial arts as well. So far the emphasis have been heavily laid on meditation of the non thinking of the action. Perhaps you know a quick WCK shortcut?

Regards,
PH

Sure IF I can scatter others incoming force with a what do you called? hehehehe --- Non streching Zero delay non exhaust" power generation!

Once I know how to walk my talk. I know the quick way to San Jose from LA via high way 5. :D You better pray I can walk my talk soon, may be in next ten years? :D

"we have come along way baby" --- virginia cool.

PaulH
04-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Okay, Hendrik! Make it my day soon before I got ernized for good! Ha! Ha!

P.S How close are you on solving this interesting Fajing stuff?

Tom Kagan
04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Phenix
technic of " Non streching Zero delay non exhaust" power generation. :D

Believe it or not :D

Hmmm... we said the same thing.

It is, as of yet, unclear to me whether that's good, bad, or indifferent. ;)

Phenix
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Okay, Hendrik! Make it my day soon before I got ernized for good! Ha! Ha!

P.S How close are you on solving this interesting Fajing stuff?

Oh! we need to go watched KILL BILL two learn from that Daost. :D

Phenix
04-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Tom Kagan

Hmmm... we said the same thing.

It is, as of yet, unclear to me whether that's good, bad, or indifferent. ;)

a picture is better then a thousand words. good, bad, indifferent.... all here. check it out. :D

http://www.z-bolt.com/generic10.html?OVRAW=laser%20pointer&OVKEY=laser%20pointer&OVMTC=standard

PaulH
04-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Okay, Hendrik. Why kill bill too? I'm a peace and freedom guy so I did not even see the 1st one yet? =)

Keng Geng
04-06-2004, 05:18 PM
We all know that the flashier the technique, the more advanced it is.

Tom Kagan
04-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

a picture is better then a thousand words. good, bad, indifferent.... all here. check it out. :D

http://www.z-bolt.com/generic10.html?OVRAW=laser%20pointer&OVKEY=laser%20pointer&OVMTC=standard

Ah, irony.

The laser was a 'perfect solution in search of a problem.' Then, slowly but surely, it found its way into a variety of places including, oddly enough, into the definition of 'What is a meter?'

Now, it's full circle: the laser is, once more, a 'perfect solution in search of a problem.' It is the the most advanced and efficient toy that is able to 'do nothing' but tormenting cats. Go figure.

Phenix
04-06-2004, 07:54 PM

Ah, irony.

The laser was a 'perfect solution in search of a problem.' Then, slowly but surely, it found its way into a variety of places

Once the laser being understood. then people will make it affordable so everyone can afford to buy one.

The question of cause is about the diamond used to concentrate the intensity and the neon light which is pulsating to generate the power. Do WCK has both?

That is Pual's job to investigate :D

Keng Geng
04-06-2004, 09:06 PM
So what if others walk the string?

Tom Kagan
04-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Keng Geng, (a.k.a. EnterTheWhip, whippinghand, whippinghand1, and others I may have forgotten)

You have had almost one full year to contemplate the answer I gave to your exact same question on this forum the first time you asked. Still, a reasonable person might conclude that the collective unconscious of your various persona on this forum would, at least by now, know how to use the search feature so you may refresh your memory.

Originally posted by Tom Kagan on 23 June 2003:

Isn't it obvious? They would be my brothers. Whether you are my brother, that is for you to decide alone; I am unable to answer that question for you.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother."

I can certainly accept if you still do not understand my words. However, I also have had almost a year to contemplate my original answer. Still, I have to consider why a person such as you, with 10 years of training who advertises they already sit at the "Top of Wing Chun Mountain", would ask exactly the same question a third time of a lowly beginner such as myself.

I don't know for what you are looking. But, it is obvious to me that it is beyond my meager abilities to provide. Good Luck in your search. And, good luck in finding a persona for this forum that suits you, or at the very least, doesn't get you banned.

Keng Geng
04-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I do know that I have asked the same question in the past, but do not recall seeing an answer. As for the search feature - how clever.

Thank you for your attempt toward a response. It had a very Moy Yat style.

canglong
04-07-2004, 08:42 PM
hehehehehe jesper that funny and true.
Hmmm... we said the same thing. It is, as of yet, unclear to me whether that's good, bad, or indifferent.
No doubt.

Tom Kagan
04-08-2004, 08:11 AM
... Thank you for your attempt toward a response. It had a very Moy Yat style.

LOL! My answer bears absolutely no resemblance to what his might have been. :D

yuanfen
04-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Tom- I have not been following the details.

But what might Moy Yat's answer have been?

I have some curiosity about the personalities of the first generation of students in the Ip man family.

Joy

Tom Kagan
04-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Of course, anything that anyone would suggest would really just be speculation. But, for anyone who really wants to know, I might suggest spending some time with Moy Yat's son, William Moy.

Of course, my SiHing is far from a "carbon-copy" of his father. One of the major differences that I see is that SiFu was generally a nasty person who learned how to become a real Gentleman, whereas my SiHing was a Gentleman from the start who learned how to become nasty when he needed to be.

Still, it does make us laugh, at times, to hear SiFu's voice come out of each other's mouths. It happens a lot more for him than for me.

Keng Geng
04-11-2004, 08:43 PM
My answer bears absolutely no resemblance to what his might have been. No, not the words themselves - but the technique of not answering the question itself.

Tom Kagan
04-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Perhaps there is some truth in that. Moy Yat probably have ignored a troll entirely. I can't say that I can do that, though.

However, as far as an answer from me, you do have one. You just don't like it.

If I walk the string, and you walk the string, we are brothers. I'm geniunely sorry the thought of that bothers you.

palanka
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Please Tom...

Make KG happy and remove your signature from there... :-)

If you don't understand the meaning at least don't show off with your idioms... :-O

no offense here but the answer to the question is simple

coming from the Moy Yat family I would have expected more...

Tom Kagan
04-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I take it this means we'll have to postpone our plans to go on a 'string walk' together, right?

Oh well.

:)