PDA

View Full Version : Attn Sifu Abel & other So Cal peeps...

Knifefighter
04-07-2004, 08:40 PM
May 30 will be limited rules (punches, kicks, knees, elbows, palms, takedowns & ground/3x3 min rounds) MMA fights in Tijuana. The promoter is looking for additional fighters. Here's your chance to document what good kung fu fighters can do. Interested?

norther practitioner
04-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Know what....

I don't know if I'd fight in Tijuana...

Oh, wait, I'm a wuss anyways...

good place to go watch.

SifuAbel
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
At least I speak the language.

What does it pay? Is it on TV?

Being born a U.S. citizen, I don't think I need any more documentation.

Are you fighting in this one, champ?

Knifefighter
04-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SifuAbel
At least I speak the language.

What does it pay? Is it on TV?

Are you fighting in this one, champ? Not much... probably a few hundred bucks. Not sure if it will be televised... most likely on the local channel.

Are you fighting in this one, champ? Planning to... Want me to see about getting you in?

Serpent
04-08-2004, 12:23 AM
At last! Are we finally gonna get the Abel vs Knifefighter fight that we've always wanted!? Please tell me that you two can organise to fight each other. And tape it!

rubthebuddha
04-08-2004, 09:06 AM
peeps may not be potent by themselves, but a whole pack ... er ... group of them will put anyone out for the count. :o

SifuAbel
04-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a whole lot of hassle for nothing.

Going to TJ for a couple of hundred bucks so I can be on azteca TV, doesn't seem too applealing. Its sounds like you're slumming it.

I'll pass.

ShaolinTiger00
04-08-2004, 11:34 AM
doesn't seem too applealing.

but being a hero to an entire community of traditional kung fu guys might be lucrative.. $$$. Fight like me! see Kung Fu Can Win MMA competitons! $$$

WanderingMonk
04-08-2004, 11:53 AM
ST00,

Your jedi mind trick will not work on Sifu Abel

MasterKiller
04-08-2004, 11:56 AM
The Force is strong with ST00, but he's not a jedi, yet...

SifuAbel
04-08-2004, 12:23 PM
That only works on the weak of mind..................

I doubt highly that a match in TJ after they clean up from the cock fight will do anything much for the CMA community. O fought and won and all he got for his effort is the same tomato can excuses, except in reverse.

If people want to see me do something, BUY MY DVD!!!!!!!. (coming soon)

Ford Prefect
04-08-2004, 01:16 PM
lol! How'd I guess.

SifuAbel
04-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Oh please,

Whoever has a hard on about fighting me knows where to find me. I don't need to go to TJ for that. I live in Rverside and teach at a local park 3 days a week and at other places. I can supply a map.

You want to see me fight, set it up at Pechanga and pay me something real, otherwise, don't waste my time.

SanSoo Student
04-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Riverside from TJ is not a fun drive, especially with the chances that any descent car gets jacked there.

SevenStar
04-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Considering that most pro fighters don't get real money, how are you going to get real money?

Water Dragon
04-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Considering that most pro fighters don't get real money, how are you going to get real money?

Well, for starters he could do a Donkey Show while he's in TJ...

WanderingMonk
04-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
The Force is strong with ST00, but he's not a jedi, yet...

you don't mean ... that he is a ..... sith?

SifuAbel
04-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar

Its more than 200 and a corona, I'm sure.

Knifefighter
04-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Whoever has a hard on about fighting me knows where to find me. I don't need to go to TJ for that. I live in Rverside and teach at a local park 3 days a week and at other places. I can supply a map. I do some moutain biking in Big Bear. I might be up for stopping by on my way out or back one of these days. Which park do you teach at? What are the days and times?

Knifefighter
04-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a whole lot of hassle for nothing.

Going to TJ for a couple of hundred bucks so I can be on azteca TV, doesn't seem too applealing. Its sounds like you're slumming it. As far as the hassle, you are the one who is always complaining about not having enough video of good kung fu fighters out there. Come out and fight in it and you can get some video to post of how it should be done.

If you've got good stuff and are really planning on putting out a DVD, it would be a great tool to separate yourself from the normal hacks putting out instructionals.

SifuAbel
04-09-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm good enough to separate myself without this grand spectacle. My product is going to be awesome.

A video clip of some back door cage fight in the sticks isn't going to make a bit of difference. I just hope they clean up the chicken poo and dog blood before you guys hug on the mat.

Like I said, I don't need it. Nobody is going to care about this.

Pechanga, now thats a nice place to fight. Right in Temecula, the inland empire's beautiful wine country. I'd go there in a heart beat.

And I repeat, People know where to find me.

Knifefighter
04-09-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm good enough to separate myself without this grand spectacle. My product is going to be awesome.

A video clip of some back door cage fight in the sticks isn't going to make a bit of difference.

Like I said, I don't need it. Nobody is going to care about this. Funny how not to long ago you were 'wishing" that there was some video footage of you fighting. If you were able to pull of a win, or even a decent performance, it probably would do quite a bit for your rep Quite a few BJJ/MMA purple, brown, and black belts fight there. At least one of our black belts will be fighting there. If you beat him, you would definitely have an instant rep.

Pechanga, now thats a nice place to fight. Right in Temecula, the inland empire's beautiful wine country. I'd go there in a heart beat. Really??? And what would your price be?

And I repeat, People know where to find me. I don't...Which park do you teach at? What are the days and times?

SifuAbel
04-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Shamel park m-w-f 7:30

Pechanga? Make me an offer.

"If you beat him, you would definitely have an instant rep."

:rolleyes: With whom?!?!? Our entire MA world is small as it is. How big do you think it gets?

And what rep do you have beyond your little circle? I've never heard the name Dale Franks anywhere. Going to UFC anytime soon, grandpa?

backbreaker
04-10-2004, 11:45 AM
With any kid who bought the video, who didn't know much. Playing some cage fighting clips IMO would make the video way more cool, and seem more underground and real. But I'm not saying if someone doesn't fight that it means they are scared or think they'll lose, no, I don't beleive that. But, IMO, fighting footage, say with a cool soundtrack would be cool to the people who bought it. Also MMA is a sport with rankings, not proof of effectiveness or that a style is what works on the street, but rather a test of skill and level, and an indication that what you do is cool and real. Just my opinion.

SifuAbel
04-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I am going to include live fighting on the DVD. The only problem is that I can't do it in a venue without paying a royalty. I'd rather just shoot live fighting on my own and keep the money. The kids will enjoy it just the same.

I'm old. I've done my share over the years. Today its all Beezz-knees. I don't go anywhere for nothing.

Guys my age are retiring from MMA, not starting. There are a few exceptions, but they just prove the rule. There is very little money compared to other sports. Most that do it for "glory" finally grow up and smell the mortgage and the repo. Some do it to find self worth. Some do it to make up for their shortcomings.

I've kicked my share of ass, so I don't need "glory" or "proof". I've had my 15 minutes. I have a big shlong and a good looking woman. I just want the money now. :D

In a few decades no one will remember much of all this anyway, so who cares.

backbreaker
04-10-2004, 12:24 PM
That sounds fine to me, and I can respect that. You don't want to pay the organzation for your own footage. I for one do not think kungfu cannot fight in mma, and it's not everything to me, but I do enjoy watching MMA

Merryprankster
04-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Guys my age are retiring from MMA, not starting. There are a few exceptions, but they just prove the rule. There is very little money compared to other sports. Most that do it for "glory" finally grow up and smell the mortgage and the repo. Some do it to find self worth. Some do it to make up for their shortcomings.

where's "just plain fun" on this list

SifuAbel
04-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Merryprankster

where's "just plain fun" on this list

I can do that at home too.

Dim Wit Mak
04-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Why the bad blood between the two Dec 69 guys?:(

WanderingMonk
04-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Try reading a couple old threads.

Dim Wit Mak
04-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Thanks WanderingMonk: I didn't even know they had PCs and forums back in 1969.

Serpent
04-12-2004, 10:13 PM
This forum originated in the Shaloin temple 1,500 years ago. It came from India with a monk named Data. Or something.

Mika
04-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Now, THAT was funnee...:D

Mika
04-12-2004, 10:53 PM
And the forum was brought to the US by a sailor called WhuuzyaData who can trace his roots to the Shaolin temple and to the monk in question...:D