PDA

View Full Version : Buk Sing CLF in East Bay

kungfuyou
04-08-2004, 10:24 AM
I was searching around and seen that there are two Buk Sing Schools in the east bay, one in Fremont and one in Hayward. Are they the same school, just different locations?

Haven't called to ask because I'm at work so thought I'd post here and find out before I call and find out later! :D

Fu-Pow
04-08-2004, 01:22 PM
If it's one of the Lacey brothers schools I'd train with Vince but not "The General."

kungfuyou
04-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Fu-Pow
If it's one of the Lacey brothers schools I'd train with Vince but not "The General."

Ummm...the General??? I thought it was the Coloniel?! Well I guess when they went from Kentucky FRIED Chicken to Kitchen FRESH Chicken he was demoted!!:D :D :p

k-no
04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
No kungfuyou, they are not the same schools, but teach similar curriculums.

k

kungfuyou
04-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by k-no
No kungfuyou, they are not the same schools, but teach similar curriculums.

k

So I take it you are familiar with each school. Could please explain how they are different and how they are similar? Do you attend either one of these schools?

k-no
04-09-2004, 11:24 AM
kungfuyou...

Although I have only trained with Sifu Dave Lacey, the similarities would be obvious, since the other school is ran by his brother Vince. They learned the same style(s) from the same sifus, and in turn taught in the same school they started in Australia, so it would make sense to assume the schools have similar curriculums.

From what I have read, Vince's Fremont school tries different teaching techniques with different students, as well as possibly teaching other styles like Thai boxing or submission. If this is so, there are the differences because Sifu Dave Lacey is an advocate of using pure Choy Lay Fut and is very traditional in his stances and teaching.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to train with different martial practicioners, as well as submission experts while keeping my sifu's good graces. Although he is well versed in Wing Chun, he is a staunch "Choy Lay Fut only" advocate.

Hope that answers your question.

kungfuyou
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Fu-Pow

So why would you not train with Dave Lacey??

kungfuyou
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by k-no
kungfuyou...

Although I have only trained with Sifu Dave Lacey, the similarities would be obvious, since the other school is ran by his brother Vince. They learned the same style(s) from the same sifus, and in turn taught in the same school they started in Australia, so it would make sense to assume the schools have similar curriculums.

From what I have read, Vince's Fremont school tries different teaching techniques with different students, as well as possibly teaching other styles like Thai boxing or submission. If this is so, there are the differences because Sifu Dave Lacey is an advocate of using pure Choy Lay Fut and is very traditional in his stances and teaching.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to train with different martial practicioners, as well as submission experts while keeping my sifu's good graces. Although he is well versed in Wing Chun, he is a staunch "Choy Lay Fut only" advocate.

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you for that information!! :)