PDA

View Full Version : Travelling in the USA

PQS
04-08-2004, 11:24 AM
HELP!
I am hoping to be in Seattle for the Celtic vs Chelsea soccer match ( I know silly but it seems like fun) for July 24th, what would be the best (and cheapest) way to travel across the States (I'm thinking train) to get to Philiadelphia for the 2nd of August and get to train at a couple of WT SCHOOLS.
any ideas
Best Regards
Peter

Suntzu
04-08-2004, 11:27 AM
www.expedia.com

www.air-links.com

Ray Pina
04-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Cheepest would be bus, if you could stomach it.

Train's not bad, but some of the fairs are comparable to plane tickets today. You might want to check JetBlue and other low-cost providers, too.

Becca
04-08-2004, 03:04 PM
But the train would let him see the country better than a flight would. the bus would probably let him see more of the country than anyone wants to see.:( And AmTrack has been offering some nice cross-country fairs lately.

red5angel
04-08-2004, 03:23 PM
depends on where your coming from really. Bus is the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. The train is my favorite way to go, however, it can actually be more expensive then taking a plane.

rubthebuddha
04-08-2004, 03:29 PM
PQS -- the travel advice given is correct.

as far as wt schools, washington is my neck of the woods. my sidai has a school just north of seattle, and the school i go to is about 90 minutes north. we'd be happy to exchange rib shots with a european brudder.

norther practitioner
04-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah, but after you pass the rockies, on either bus or train, there isn't anything to see in the midwest, except a few cows, cornfields, maybe some wheat/hay/oat/grain type fields, and the occasional clueless midwesterner (all offences implied). I'd say just fly to philly, see NY, Penn, Boston if you can get up there, and have a good time.

Becca
04-09-2004, 02:54 PM
I beg to differ, there is alot to see. It's just dark when you pass the interesting stuff. And Idaho is actually quite lovely along the AmTrack routes. The only train route that isn't is the Zephyr which runs between California and Denver via the deserts of Nevada.