PDA

View Full Version : Kempo at work..... enjoy

Suntzu
04-08-2004, 01:31 PM
http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/images/sigs/titoko.gif

MasterKiller
04-08-2004, 01:32 PM
April 7 called. It said you're a day late.

red5angel
04-08-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah, dang dude, forget to set your clock this past weekend? ;)

Suntzu
04-08-2004, 01:46 PM
:D first time i came across the .gif....... somebody hasn't seen the gif yet............ PUNK

DragonzRage
04-09-2004, 09:52 AM
chuck fought a great fight, but it has now been revealed that he used an illegal technique to seal Tito's fate. before he let loose that final flurry of reverse punches, he had thrown a kempo eye gouge type punch (along the lines of a kung fu phoenix eye or biu jee). this stunned and blinded tito, obviously leaving him open for the kill. although this does showcase the effectiveness of liddell's unique karate method, it was a foul and should not have been tolerated. any type of lethal technique which is meant to maim has no place in the sport of MMA. the ref really should've stopped the fight at that point to allow tito a moment to recover, and give liddell a warning. when i found out about this i lost a bit of respect for liddell. if he wants to let loose with his kempo tricks he should go pick a streetfight instead of bringing it into the octagon. there's no excuse for that at all.

Pork Chop
04-09-2004, 09:58 AM
If he couldn't have continued from an unintentional poke, then that fight would've turned into another Couture-Belfort II; and Tito STILL WOULD HAVE LOST.

It's a callous thing to say, but if 2 of the biggest bouts of the last year or 2 had ended prematurely due to eye injury, in a back-to-back fashion; it wouldn't have been good for the sport.

FatherDog
04-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by DragonzRage
chuck fought a great fight, but it has now been revealed that he used an illegal technique to seal Tito's fate. before he let loose that final flurry of reverse punches, he had thrown a kempo eye gouge type punch (along the lines of a kung fu phoenix eye or biu jee). this stunned and blinded tito, obviously leaving him open for the kill.

You are incorrect.

Chuck threw a left hook that opened a cut on Tito's cheek, just below the eye. It was not an eye gouge.

MasterKiller
04-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by FatherDog

You are incorrect.

Chuck threw a left hook that opened a cut on Tito's cheek, just below the eye. It was not an eye gouge. The Pheonix Eye is not a gouge, it more like a "frog", where you extend a knuckle further than the others.

Ray Pina
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
All technique is cheating.

Ford Prefect
04-09-2004, 01:10 PM
WTF are you talking about MK?

MasterKiller
04-09-2004, 01:17 PM
DR said Lidell used a Pheonix Eye Fist, but he called it a gouge.

You said he threw a left-hook, not a gouge.

I just said a Pheonix Eye is when you stick out one knuckle, like when you "frog" someone. It's not a gouge, in the usual sense, and he could have used it in combination with a left-hook to break the skin.

I don't know how it happened, one way or another, and don't really care. I just thought you might figure DR meant Lidell poked Tito with his finger tips instead of hitting with the knuckle, so I was clarifying what a PE fist is.

SifuAbel
04-09-2004, 01:26 PM
After looking at that gif again, I don't see where you guys think those are reverse punches in the sense described. They were not coming back to a rib chamber and through the center. They were more a wide pummel from each side. Either way he won, get over it.

red5angel
04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
there's no excuse for that at all.

THAT"S RIGHT!!! How dare they allow actual fighting in NHB type fight! the dirty bastiches.

Merryprankster
04-09-2004, 02:00 PM
****, does somebody have a problem with chuck winning?

I sure as hell don't!

DragonzRage
04-09-2004, 02:20 PM
he shouldn't have used his kempo eye poking stuff. he probably would've won easily even without it. if tito had attacked him on the street, then he'd have the right to use all the dirty fighting in the world. but such dangerous techniques have no place in the ring. maybe chuck's kempo training just came out by instinct, but i still don't think that is an excuse. Martial arts masters such as Chuck Liddell have a responsibility to exercise proper control of their skills. that's all i'm saying.

FatherDog
04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DragonzRage
he shouldn't have used his kempo eye poking stuff.

He didn't. Go watch the PPV again.

Jesus, people.

fa_jing
04-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I think it's a fight, and if they don't want people to gouge they should have gloves that cover their hands, like bag gloves.

Merryprankster
04-09-2004, 03:08 PM
somebody's trollin!!

LEGEND
04-09-2004, 05:47 PM
lol at the trolling.

It was an accident.

Fajing...silly comment dood...in boxing u have many accident headbutts. Should boxers wear padded bags on their heads?

Mr Punch
04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
DF, when is a phoenix eye anything like a biu jee, or a standard cut under the eye?

What is this secret kenpo technique of which you speak?

Where the hell did you get your info?

Sifu Abel, among other things, obviously, he is using reverse punches. In the karate I learned, and any of the zillion guys I've met and practised with and spoken with over here, a reverse punch is simply a punch coming off the rear leg. That's it.

Losttrak
04-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Only the first punch might be considered a reverse punch (in that clip) or a cross. After that it was straight punches and angling hooks.