PDA

View Full Version : Clinch/Hold?

Mr Punch
04-08-2004, 05:04 PM
In K1 or anything else for that matter, when does a clinch become a hold?

On TV the other day, I just saw a generally very sloppy looking but very skilled and very hard guy penalized for holding (which could hve just been a 'sloppy-looking' clinch to me) resulting in him losing against some golden boy favourite despite having knocked him down four times, including once with an overhead flip kick to the top of the head.

I also saw the world's ugliest martial artist (except maybe for that Nosferatu guy) get robbed against the home crowd's favourite in what should have definitely been an extension round.

Can't really say more, cos don't wanna spoil it for you guys who don't get it on TV the next day...! :p

But back to the question: when is a clinch not a clinch?

SevenStar
04-08-2004, 06:28 PM
What was the event?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-08-2004, 10:57 PM
he said he can't say anymore sevenstar.

if you ask him **** like that its just going to make him mad. he already said he could kick your ass, don't go pushin him to prove it.

Mr Punch
04-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Yeah bwoy, ya just don't listen!!!

How many times I got flip out an kick your mom in the head already? How many times she gotta die? Huh...?

:mad:

Mr Punch
04-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Spoiler (not that most of you give a rat's ass)

K1 MMA April 7th, the fight I was wondering about was some Mongolian guy whose name I forget and Albert Kraus, and Kraus got it on points. The other one was Serkan Irmatz losing by three points (which was a rip) to Masato... shoulda gone extra I reckon...

SevenStar
04-09-2004, 10:36 AM
my mom would rip you a new arse, pansy boy.

I musta looked right over the part of the initial post that said K1... I'm not sure about their rules specifically, but in thai, they will break a clinch when the activity dies. you are basically, just there catching your breath, and running down time. This is considered stalling and could be penalized it you do it repeatedly (judo also does this).