PDA

View Full Version : Dumbbell and bodyweight workouts...

Samurai Jack
04-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey all, it's been an age since I've written anything. I cnceled my gym membership last month due to financial considerations. For the last few months my workouts were limited to heavy dumbbell workouts. The only barbell work I did were squats in a cage.

I realized that it would be far cheaper in the long run to buy myself a set of adjustable dumbbells and enough weight to keep me occupied for awhile. I invested $100.00 in a standard 100 lbs. metal weight set and an additional 100 lbs. worth of 25 pound plates. I chucked the barbell in the old storage shed.

200 lbs. ought to keep me busy for the next few months at least, although the dumbbells look sort of funny with the 25's on 'em, they work just fine.

I don't have a weight bench though. Maybe I'll pull out that old 10 weeks to 100 pushups program and work in some dumbbells on top of it.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with a set of dumbbells and my own bodyweight? Any reading suggestions?

mickey
04-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi Samurai Jack,

I know this is OT, but have you tried the spirulina?:)

mickey

Samurai Jack
04-10-2004, 08:36 PM
No mickey, I haven't. As I hinted at above, times have been tight lately. However, my energy reserves have improved greatly since I've quit taking my blood pressure medication. I cut caffiene out of my diet entirely and my BP dropped low enough I don't have to take it anymore!

Black Lion
04-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Try this web site they have several dumb bell routines from the strong men of yesteryears .I use several different ones in my workouts
http://www.sandowplus.co.uk

Toby
04-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Floor press?
Deadlifts?
Single arm rows?
Olympic lifts?

Vash
04-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Clean an' press w/DBs is great.

Nick Forrer
04-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Hi SJ

If you have detatchable dumbell plates and a sturdy rucksack/backpack, you can load the backpack up and do push ups with it on as well as chin ups (if you have a bar) and squats or uphill climbs.

as Toby mentioned bent over single arm rows are also good

good luck