PDA

View Full Version : Dragon style and Snake Style

pendantz
04-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Hi all,I am a newbie to this forum,looking for information on
Dragon Styles and or Snake Styles.

Particularly with regard to Books,Videoes etc.
Any training tips would also be appreciated.

You can post answers here or also at a new blog I am just starting.(great idea,get your own)
you are welcome to post links to sites on the blog as well.
Blog is called Serpents Lair and can be found at
http://patfarr_1310.tripod.com/serpent/

David Jamieson
04-13-2004, 06:53 AM
snake vids (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tradvid.html) there.

For dragon style, look for Lung Ying More Kiew material where you can find it.

Hung Gar also has Dragon within Ng Ying Kuen

In the style Ha Say Fu hung Gar there is a complete Dragon form you can get this through another merchant, just do a google search.

There are also other resources and certainly there are teachers and schools that offer training in Lung ying or Dragon style.

pretty rare, but not impossible to find.

cheers

Yum Cha
04-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Hey Kung, me frostbitten, lacross playing, Rye drinking matey,

What do you know about that form, Ng Ying Kuen?

You say its Dragon, within Hung Gar?

Any other lurkers (hung gar players?) have anything to add?

Thanks in advance.

joedoe
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by pendantz
Hi all,I am a newbie to this forum,looking for information on
Dragon Styles and or Snake Styles.

Particularly with regard to Books,Videoes etc.
Any training tips would also be appreciated.

You can post answers here or also at a new blog I am just starting.(great idea,get your own)
you are welcome to post links to sites on the blog as well.
Blog is called Serpents Lair and can be found at
http://patfarr_1310.tripod.com/serpent/

PM me and I can get you in touch with a lung ying practitioner here in Sydney.

fiercest tiger
04-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Yau Kung Mun internal art is Dragon!

Check out shaolin gung fu institute and look under dragon riding the wind and read about YKM as the original form......:)

FT

pendantz
04-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi,and thank you for your replies,found a lot of interesting information there.
Really appreciate it.

R
04-14-2004, 06:09 PM
The dragon in Ng Ying is not the same as the dragon in Lung Ying..different flavour. In 5 animals or 5 animals/5 elements this is often thought of as more an internal exercise rather than the application of dragon techniques in fighting used in Lung Ying.
Still there is the use of the thumb in 5 Animals to control and for sensitivity of another persons movements.......

The dragon claw in Ng Ying has the thumb perpendicular to the palm hanging vertically while the fingers are set more like a bil jie strike.

Hope the body hasn't packed up completely yet on you guy.

Cheers from the UK

R

Ben Gash
04-16-2004, 08:26 AM
FT, are they legit? Some of the info doesn't tie with anything else (or indeed their own history) and some of it is just plain funny.
A form with only ariel kicks? I'd love to see the bow.
"The monkey style is particularly useful at night, when the blinding hand and foot movements are invisible" LMAO :D

Southern Fist
04-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Yum Cha, R :

To add in regards to dragon in Hung Ga. What it implies is that Dragon pattern in Hung Ga trains the practitioners waist and the spirit. Yes it trains the internal aspect as well ,but more so in waist use with the techniques. In terms of technique it is very different then Lung Ying or Dragon Shape from Lam Yue Gwai.

Pendantz:
Check out websites in your neck of the woods. There are many in South East Asia.

mantiskilla
04-20-2004, 03:56 AM
southern fist,
do you currently study lung ying? I see that you are in arizona, i was just curious who you studied with. thanks. :)
________
Wellbutrin sickness (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

Southern Fist
04-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Hello Mantiskilla;

will send a PM for you.

fiercest tiger
04-25-2004, 08:39 PM
I dont know much about there site or there info, but the YKM info is the same as the documents i have from hongkong. They talk about Tit Yan as well the moves in the 3 internal forms talk of dragons and movements. My info doesnt say that ykm has all the dragon forms of lam yuil gwai's lung ying. But says that ykm is based on the dragon and white tiger as well. The monk travelled to tibet and burma learning healing as well chi kung and spiritiality.

Then YKM also now has the bak mei element mixed into the history from CLC. Which would be our external sets!

FT

dturner
05-03-2004, 05:36 PM
You could try espytv.com they have dragon style tapes.and wle.com has the hung gar tapes.