PDA

View Full Version : Whats your story?

Martial Joe
06-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Whats your story?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you guys ever had some one come up to you and ask you realy stupid questions about Kung Fu or just martial arts.Here is my story...
...I was standing with my friends and a kid in my school name Bodan Larue(thats his real name)
Well he was asking everyone to punch him in the stomach.So everyone would punch him in the stomach and he would say that didnt hurt(hes a very odd person)Well after everone punched him in his big gut he asked me to.I said no,and he kept begging me.So I hit him lightly in the stomach and I hurt him.He came up to me today and asked me if I knew karate.I said no,then he started naming all these different martial arts.He even said Judo.And I replied with kung fu because he wouldnt go away.Then he started poking me asking me if I knew the death touch.I told him no,and that that stuff was BS.I laughed and he said that it wasnt BS because he saw it on a tv show.He said he didnt know the "touch of death".He said he knew that because he would have killed me when he poked me.I gave him a puzzled look and walked away.Later on I just started laughing about it to myself.

So did any of you guys/gals have something silly like this happen to you?

Joe Kavey

Koing
06-07-2001, 12:58 AM
man are you serious??? how old was that guy? man hes a odd then...

I've had no problems at all with it...but most people assume I did some MA before I did as I'm asian so most people have this stereotype that all asians guys did!..and I always told them no I don't do any Karate (why is it that karate is the first to everybody???) and so on and I'd go no. But now I go I do Wing Chun:)

"Bye 4 now; not 4 ever"

Martial Joe
06-07-2001, 04:28 AM
I dont know,maybe he is 14/15? I am still in school,I am not a man yet.
I knwo that anoys me how everyone thinks you know karate.Karate is the word of people who dont know any martial arts.
But my o my is this kid odd.His name fits him just right.He is tall and goofy looking.He has a big gut and kida hops around.The only thing I dont like about him is he cuts himself.He showed my friends today...

So any other stories?

Armin
06-07-2001, 06:59 AM
Hi Martial Joe!

Nice story!

Yes, in my "carreer" as teacher I had several stories like that. Here's one:

One day a student (about 14 to 15 years old) said, that he heard of a special technique that causes the @nus of the enemy to open spontaneously and asked if I knew that technique!?

I think that most people still believe the stuff they see in movies (someone remember Jacky Chan's "cat-style"?).

Armin.

JasBourne
06-07-2001, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> One day a student (about 14 to 15 years old) said, that he heard of a special technique that causes the @nus of the enemy to open spontaneously and asked if I knew that technique!?

[/quote]

Isn't that the secret technique where you put a .45 to your opponent's temple and start giggling like a demented lunatic?

Watchman
06-07-2001, 07:16 PM
Yes, it's called the Reverse Pucker Factor&trade;.

The discharge of "chi" from this devastating move is usually enough to stop most attacks (well, it will at least garner a look of digust from your attacker). :eek: :D

nickle
06-07-2001, 07:20 PM
yeah the @nus thing seems to work quite well jas..lol, especially if your naked (red meat joke sorry)

ive also had people chat to me about the death touch and stuff. weirdos...

anyways i know this guy called anthony and he is all into tai chi... anywyas this guy seriously, and i mean seriously thinks he can "expand his chi ball" (you know the thing with holding a chi ball in your hands and playing with it) to the size of where he's holding his arms completly outstreached...he told a freind of mine, and said..watch! and then a second later, he had a fiery ball of chi about the size of a small table!
lmao
dodgy guy...oh well

-specialization is for ants-

kungfu cowboy
06-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Reverse Pucker Factor: that's rich! :D Where do I find me one of them there trademark keys? Do you have a special keyboard? :confused:

(I seriously need a life.)

Watchman
06-07-2001, 08:20 PM
No, you don't need a special keyboard. Jas, the master of Internet Chuan&trade; schooled some of us on how to make those nifty symbols.

The html for it is:

trademark: & trade ;
regitered tm: & reg ;
copyright: & copy ;

all the above without spaces. For example, you could trademark Watchman by typing in the following:

Watchman & trade ;

all without spaces.

Watchman&reg;

kungfu cowboy
06-07-2001, 08:25 PM
Thanks oodles, Watchman!! :)

(I seriously need a life.)&trade;

nightair
06-07-2001, 08:28 PM
you guys are all hilarious in a good way of course.
I hate when people say "what if I do this ...." that is so annoying. :p

kungfu cowboy
06-07-2001, 08:32 PM
Its just that like wing chun itself, wing chun people are so cool! ;)

(I seriously need a life.)&trade;

Martial Joe
06-07-2001, 10:09 PM
You got the right idea...

Martial Joe
06-08-2001, 07:28 PM
You guys are slackers.I know all of you have been asked stupid questions and have a story...

ATENG
06-09-2001, 01:02 AM
no stories...

but when people find out i'm taking a MA they always ask me if its karate. then when i say wingchun they ask what that is and if its similar to karate. then they proceed to throw a punch at me which i ignore and then they all go, "oh, where's your kungfu at? huh?". or i'd get the, "what would you do if i did this?" good grief...

---------------------
Its all fun and games til someone loses an
eye. Then its just fun.

greyseal
06-09-2001, 01:30 AM
that gun to the head thing was funny. That actually happened to a friend of mine a number of years ago, but anyway, I digress-
Ever have anyone try to do something to do like hit you, or fake a technique, and they say, "Why are you flinching?" Well, DUH! Okay, that was kind of like my story.
Secondly- It annoys me that a great deal of martial art schools you see along the highway have a large sign that prominently displays the word 'KARATE'. "What is so wrong with that, Greyseal?," you ask. Well since you ask I will tell you. A good number of them don't teach karate, they teach Tae kwon do, or some other korean art. So then why the heck do you have a KARATE sign out front? Just to draw someone's eye to your place? :rolleyes: :) :( :o ;) :cool: These are all of the emotions I went through as I typed this.
And what about these time-honored nuggets of Braniacdom:
"Are you a black belt? Have you ever beat anybody up? Did you really have to register your hands and feet as deadly weapons with the police? How many boards can you break? I once saw a guy break(insert any inane number here)boards that were on fire! How good are you? I don't know, how good are you?
By the way, does anyone out there really know the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?

OdderMensch
06-09-2001, 07:04 PM
African or Europeon?

My best "story" involves the ninja that lived upstairs from an old co-worker of mine. We were chillin at his place and he went outside to smoke a cig. I followed to talk and he kinda "palm heeled" the staircase. It shook a litte then i tried. <BAM!> i got in a better hit then i normaly do in class and made a really loud noise. A minute later his upstairs neighbor comes down to see what the noise was. We chat for a bit and i tell him i do Kung Fu and had hit the stairs.

"oh you do KF huh?"
"yup! I do Wing Chun."
"Oh thats no to bad."
"I like it."
"course ive got that topped cause i did JKD in the Navy<puffs out his chest sounds smug>"
"Oh realy how nice <a slight chill in my voice>"
"yup I also know <get this> Karate, Kungfu, boxing and ninjitsu."
"uh huh"
so he thorws a few punchs and kicks that i block but dont follow thro on,, cause it woulda sent him into the wall, and he starts saying how cool his ninjitsu is.

he then throws some wierd kinda finger hit that i block jumps back a bit and trys to roll at my legs. I just step in and preform a "qui sut" motion pinning him on the ground with my stance and pop him lightliy a few times.

he says um i gotto go, work in the morning.

the moral of this long and unintersting stoy is.......i like ninjas :D

ps no ninjas were harmed in the making of this post.

Martial Joe
06-09-2001, 10:30 PM
What a wierd dude.

ATENG-The same thing happens to me all the time.
Karate is matial arts,haha...