PDA

View Full Version : microsoft's kungfu is weak on security

WanderingMonk
04-14-2004, 10:14 PM
so, it is that time of the month again when microsoft comes clean about all the new security holes security consultants have found in the "features" of microsoft window.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/200404_windows.asp

20 holes in all, 4 patches total. download them now or use your window update in IE.

See that patchwork quilt? That is your operating system. -- Inquirer

joedoe
04-14-2004, 10:43 PM
It has taken you this long to realise this? :D

Face2Fist
04-14-2004, 11:08 PM
all these time he was using his Qi

SevenStar
04-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Unix is user friendly - it's just more picky about who it's friends are...

WanderingMonk
04-15-2004, 12:06 AM
I used to run linux but it was too much hassel. sometimes I want to run games, and most of my apps are windoze based.

These security holes are getting out of hand. You think Mr. Gate with all his billions can hire programmers with better programming kung-fu.

okay, it is not really the programmers' fault. microsoft just don't want to junk the current code base and start from scratch. so, its os is doom to go from patch to patch.

but, people better patch those system, these worm/virus/trojan horse writers' kung-fu is getting better and the time between public bulletin on the security holes and actual exploits are becoming shorter and shorter.

SevenStar
04-15-2004, 12:13 AM
definitely. hackers make the tech world go 'round.

Shaolinlueb
04-15-2004, 06:17 AM
it would probablly save microsoft money in the long run if they jsut junk the old code version and start over. new code new formats. i can imagine what the thing looks like with different years of code stuff here and thre overriding stuff and such. blah.