PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: TaiChiBob

Ray Pina
04-16-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm heading to Jacksonville in two weeks for work but plan on bringing my shortboard ... could you recomend a few spots (most consistant/size/shape) and tell me if I'll need to bring my 3/2 or can I make due with a shortie?

Last night was 4 to 6 and offshore but cold.... 39 degrees (water)

TaiChiBob
04-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Greetings..

Drive down to St. Augustine.. (45 min.) the locals are friendly and helpful.. it's a toss-up on the wet-suit, if the currents are favorable the shortie will do, but.. if we get an upsurge it can be brutal.. water temp is 60-65..

In the Jax area try Mayport "Poles".. or the pier.. Neptune Beach rocks if it's over 4 ft. ..

If you find yourself in Orlando give me a call.. or, if i can swing it i'll try to get up your way..

Good luck.. be well...

Ray Pina
04-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks!

I've read about Poles. It's got that cool name associated with it so I'll check it ... just to add it to the list.

My family use to have a house in Boyton Beach, I used to surf Lake Worth pier. I've camped out at Sebastion and surfed Spanish House too but was too chicken **** to paddle out to Monster Hole, though one day that was the only place breaking.

I'm only going to b there for April 29 to May 1st so I'm stuck there. But if the surf is just happens to be pumping and you hit the coast I'd meet up with you somewhere.

I'm only bound to work the 30th for about 2 hours around noon (conducting interview).

TaiChiBob
04-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Greetings..

When the "hole" gets over 10 ft. it is awesome, you can drive a VW bus through the tubes.. Spanish House is super over 5 ft and the Inlet can rock at 3 ft.. but, for general surfing fun.. 14-16th Streets in Cocoa are my normal haunts.. oh, and the "hook" at the North jetty in Vero is way cool in big stuff..

Be well..