PDA

View Full Version : Houston Annual Chinese MA Exhibition

htowndragon
04-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission sponsors the Hai-Hwa Athletic Festival- Chinese Martial Arts Exhibition on April 24th, 2 to 4 PM at the Houston Chinese Culture Center Auditorium. This year's exhibition features Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu Federation U.S.A.'s famous boxer Grandmaster Henry Poo Yee's Lion Dancing and Mr. Zhou San Liang's magnificent Three Star Drumming Technique to begin the show. Following this is many performances from different schools of martial arts empty hand, broadsword, sword, spear and staff techniques.

This years exhibition includes performances by: Texas Wing Chun Association, Paul Chu's Choy Lay Fut, Xing Yin Shaolin Wushu Center, Chinese Culture Center Martial Arts and Internal Martial Arts Development Society (featuring this years hosts Master Ernie Wu and Master Eugene Chou) as well as Madame Wang and Austin American Combat Shuai-Chiao Association. This exhibition is assisted by Houston Martial Arts Council of Associations (President Wang Zhi Ping and staff members).

Hope to see you and your family at this year's exciting exhibition.

my sifu eugene chou is hosting, he asked me to translate the chinese text into english for him. i hope you guys will come. it is in housotn's chinatown.

htowndragon
04-18-2004, 03:10 PM
ANYONE FROM HOUSTON IN THIS FORUM?

bustr
04-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Very likely there are a few people from Houston. I live in Bridge City (East of Beaumont). I never knew Houston had a Chinatown.

htowndragon
04-18-2004, 03:44 PM
wow are you serious? houston has a big chinatown about as big as the one in san fransisco...

come down and watch the show, its only two hours away from where you live....

bustr
04-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Very likely there are a few people from Houston. I live in Bridge City (East of Beaumont). I never knew Houston had a Chinatown.

bustr
04-18-2004, 06:51 PM

GLW
04-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Actually, Houston has TWO and a few years back almost had THREE Chinatowns.

There is the original downtown...Around Chartres street next to the George R. Brown Convention Center.

Then you have the southwest Chinatown...Bellaire starting a bit west of Gessner and continuing on out west. For a good piece of road along Bellaire, the street signs are in both English and Chinese.

It is not a flashy area...mostly grocery stores and restaurants...

htowndragon
04-18-2004, 07:32 PM
so GLW, are you coming? did i forget to mention its free? my sifu jsut wanted more people because he had to rent the auditorium and everything and he wants more people just to make it look good.

ya there is the old chinatown, but no one goes there anymore, and the chinatown on bellaire, which is THE chinatown right now. if you say chinatown most people will think of that place.