PDA

View Full Version : Can Wing Chun Build Muslces

dre_doggX
05-27-2001, 12:51 AM
How can you train wingchun to build muslces.

Andre Lashley

Sihing73
05-27-2001, 01:53 AM
Hello,

Not to be smart but why would you want to try to build muscle for Wing Chun? Wing Chun does not rely on muscular strength. Still, if you want to build strength and muscle then go ahead but I think you would be better off lifting weights.

Peace,

Dave

Martial Joe
05-27-2001, 03:06 AM
The answer is yes.Chi Sau will build bigger muscles in your shoulders.And the stance will make your quads stronger.I am sure theres more.

Sihing is right about you would be better off lifting if you want real changes in your muscles.But over all Wing Chun does have some benifits,but nothing huge.

IronFist
05-27-2001, 05:04 AM
"why would you want to try to build muscle for Wing Chun"

cuz big muscles make you look cool :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist.

Eric
05-27-2001, 11:04 PM
I don't believe you will get big muscles from it, but you will become toned, in the arms, shoulders, pecs from punching and the legs from stances and walking drills and turning exercises. You will also discover muscles that you never knew you had. I discovered several in my knees, that hurt like hell until they became powerful enough to take the punishment.

Martial Joe
05-28-2001, 12:06 AM
Yeah,WC is realy good for the knees.(if done right)

Sharky
05-28-2001, 07:05 PM
it will tone your arms, shoulders and tighten your chest up. supplemnt this with pressups and crunches and you'll look set to go for the summer bwoooy....

Edd