PDA

View Full Version : ya i was thinking about this lastnight all read

diego
10-16-2001, 03:04 AM
back in the day was thier selfdefense methods
or just schools of fighting
im not sure but im prolly pretty **** close
its my theory all these selfdefense things didnt start till like bruce lee books or maybe abit before

but you have some ancient internal bodygaurd
or some crazy monkey/alligator??style indo-pirate
they aint all well for a knife thrust do this
for a overhead club attack do this..
my reasoning is there would be universal tricks like grab the groin and rip
but everything was secret
so if you were in a martial art school you would practise fighting not self defense or you would just be a police man....one who uses a weapon or crew to intercept lines of force,a thief running,raping etc.

so was thier self defense or just schools of fighting
this isnt a actual question
i was going to ponder further but mjoes gym selfdefense post made me write plus i cant keep my eyes open...so tired
so what do you guys think
was thier self defense academys or just schools of fighting
ifso when did this whole theorys/ideas of self defense applications arise

and dont give me no i dont know what your saying unless you have knowledge of history or a good rationalle dont post
thanx

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

qeySuS
10-16-2001, 04:07 AM
dude, i'm reading the words but i have no idea what you just wrote.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

joedoe
10-16-2001, 04:41 AM
I think what he is asking is whether the old schools of MA were set up specifically for self defence or whether they were set up to teach fighting - two different ways of thinking.

I personally think that the old schools had the main intention of teaching people to fight. But you also have to remember that back then, fighting skill was a matter of life and death and so in a way it was self defence as well. However, I think the focus was on learning a particular system of fighting rather than learning specific techniques for dealing with specific situations.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Martial Joe
10-16-2001, 05:17 AM
Good question...

I would have to say fighting schools were made from martial arts right...
But profoundly martial arts were made to defend something.
So it has always been a defensive thing.
But the term self defence was made a self(meaning one person) but back in the day the martial arts were made for battles and after peace came it seemed to mutate into a self thing because no big battles were acurring but just people defending themselves,family,and land...

Make sence?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

HuangKaiVun
10-16-2001, 01:34 PM
Throughout martial arts history, there have been McKwoons as well as the hardcore kwoons.

I used to think that McKwoons were bad, but now I realize that they're a valuable COUNTERPART to hardcore kwoons.

The brutal effectiveness of hardcore kwoons becomes all the more real when shone upon by the soft light of the McKwoons, and many novices who would be frightened off by real kwoons find their introduction to martial arts via more people-friendly McKwoons.

When I open my own hardcore martial arts kwoon, I'll pay my respects to the McKwoons and the help they give me in promoting CMAs.