PDA

View Full Version : '04 Taiji Legacy

Meat Shake
04-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Just curious who is planning on going, who plans on competing in what?
Im going, just going to do jacket wrestling this time..
You have to wear one of those **** michelen man chest things to fight... fock that. Not worth my time. Wrasslin will be fun anyhoo.

MasterKiller
04-21-2004, 06:43 AM
We should be bringing a team. I was planning on fighting San Shou this year (yeah, I know, TJL San Shou isn't Big 7 San Shou quality), but I'm having a hard time convincing my body to cooperate. I was in fight shape before my daughter was born in August and maybe even until I got supa sick in December , but right now, I don't have the lungs for it. I'm working on getting them back, but I have a nagging big toe injury and I've pulled 3 muscles in the last 4 weeks in my neck and back, so rehab is slowing me down. There is still plenty of time, so we'll see.

If I can't fight, I'll compete in some weapons events. Probably Traditional Staff, Long Weapons, Broadsword, and if another classmate of mine comes, we'll probably do a Staff vs 3-section Staff two-man set. In open-hand, I only do Traditional Northern.

Judge Pen
04-21-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm thinking about coming down and watching; getting a feel for the flavor there.

Losttrak
04-21-2004, 07:31 AM
One of my guys will be fighting that day, so I will be there coaching. Dont forget the continuous sparring (which was more brutal than the San Shou last time) doesn't require any Michelin products.

norther practitioner
04-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Trad. forms, push hands, etc...

MasterKiller
04-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Losttrak
One of my guys will be fighting that day, so I will be there coaching. Dont forget the continuous sparring (which was more brutal than the San Shou last time) doesn't require any Michelin products. Continuous sparring is on Sunday, though. I don't like staying overnight, so I usually skip it.

Shaolinlueb
04-21-2004, 08:03 AM
can you provide a link again please :D

oasis
04-21-2004, 08:07 AM
http://www.chinwoo.com/2004tcl/index.htm

for previous results just change the date...

MasterKiller
04-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah, what Oasis said.

GeneChing
04-21-2004, 12:21 PM
And if we can get everyone here together again, we'll continue our tradition of forum members posing for a shot for the magazine (but please, keep your clothes on). :cool:

Shaolinlueb
04-21-2004, 12:23 PM
dallas texas huh? it might be interesting to meet a bunch of people from here.

*edit -

and to get out of the office for a while. :D

MasterKiller
04-21-2004, 12:26 PM
it might be interesting to meet a bunch of people from here.You won't really meet me; you'll experience me.

:p

Shaolinlueb
04-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
You won't really meet me; you'll experience me.

ugh, should i be scared? :D :o

Meat Shake
04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
What kind of ****erotic venture are the 2 of you setting up on my thread?

:eek:

Yeah, but the continuous sparring is for "advance only"... Im only a green belt in Shuai Chiao. (Ok, not yet, but within the next couple weeks.) :)

MasterKiller
04-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
Yeah, but the continuous sparring is for "advance only"... Im only a green belt in Shuai Chiao. (Ok, not yet, but within the next couple weeks.) :) Belts don't matter. It goes by years of experience in a CMA tournament. You have more than 4 years total training, yes? So fudge a little and pony up.

Meat Shake
04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
11 years total training - 3 years of highschool and drugs = 8 years total training.
:)

Meat Shake
04-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Light contact? Foot and shin pads? No fingerless gloves?
Bah.
**** sissies.

losttrak- they werent dishing out penalties for hitting people too hard?
Throws are allowed?

MasterKiller
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Light contact? Foot and shin pads? No fingerless gloves?
Bah.
**** sissies.

losttrak- they werent dishing out penalties for hitting people too hard?
Throws are allowed? No throws, but people do get beat up pretty good in the continuous sparring. Plenty of bloody noses. The judges tend to let the fighters fight.

Meat Shake
04-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Sweet.
Then Ill do that and jacket wrestling.
Too bad they dont allow throws...
And I hate wearing those **** marshmallow poof gloves.

Judge Pen
04-21-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking about fighting next year once I get a feel for the competition. I don't like the fact that you can't sweep the rear or support leg and I like the freedom of fingerless gloves (even though I usually have to tape a couple of fingers togehter after a tournament.) Who knows, I may get down there and change my mind and decide to fight. Probably won't do forms regardless.

brothernumber9
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
I haven't been to Taiji Legacy in a few years but when I did go it was fairly brutal, seemed like every ring someone was getting ktfo'd. Don't sleep on the jook lum guys, they'll try to take your head off and the refs pretty much just let things fly. It definitely isn't san shou, but it sure ain't light contact either. Watch out for guys trying to lace you or rub with the velcro straps on the gloves.

norther practitioner
04-21-2004, 02:14 PM
You won't really meet me; you'll experience me.

:rolleyes:
Either way, it sucked last year...:eek:

ugh, should i be scared?
Yes Very.

:D

We had fun there last year.

Losttrak
04-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Hehe I wont comment on exactly what happened on some of the fights since it might make people a little squeemish. The issue is that continuous is sparring is about as close as you can get to full-contact so things tend to get heated. I remember commenting during one match how San Shou is probably safer since at least they have full gloves on and the other fighter is expecting it. Anyways, the refs call as much as they can but they have to keep things moving since there is a deadline. As a result, people tend to escalate a bit and some there are some wounds/injuries. It all comes down to the fighters. They have to keep it civil and not kill each other.

I used to think back on the last tournament and get angry that the judges didnt stop some of the fights. How I thought they werent really concerned about the fighters welfare. However, I came to the realization that the types of attacks being served in the Taiji Legacy continuous sparring is pretty dayam close to how people would be throwing on the street. Its fast, it hurts, and there is minimal padding. Compared to the "Big D" karate tournament we recently attended, the Taiji Legacy is a great opportunity for people to experience some high pressure fighting. If you wanna see some samples, look in my thread history about the fights I posted. It can get pretty crazy.

p.s. For all you guys who want to be respected as a good fighter in addition to a martial artist, you need to fight every chance you get. Any type of match. Point, continuous, San Shou, warm-up sets with fighters you just met... anything. Until you get your "ring-time" you are still the proverbial cookie-dough. Dont make excuses about not fighting. If you arent high enough rank, then LIE. I fought at the black-belt level since a green belt because I wasn't learning anything in my matches. You can judge how high you need to fight since its safety first, but get your arse in there and fight. If you dont like sleeping over to fight the next day they you are choosing sleep over your skill. I dont know about you but I can do without sleep. When I was training, I couldn't stand periods of extended downtime. Feed the hunger, people.

Shaolinlueb
04-21-2004, 05:33 PM
man NP i'll watch out. hmm im already getting the week off before for the shaolin tournament tourny in hobokin. texas huh. wonder how long it takes to drive there :D

GeneChing
04-21-2004, 05:35 PM
The Texas boxing commission seems pretty leniant on TJL. We could never get away with some of the stuff you guys do down there - the CA boxing commission would shut us down. I think our commission is more restrictive because 1. we're CA and 2. we're right next to NV and all the Vegas fights. But to be honest, I really look forward to the TJL fights. They're always exciting.

Shaolinlueb
04-21-2004, 05:42 PM
1765.8 miles Approximate Travel Time: 27 hours 10 mins .... looks like ill be flying if i can get someone to go with me.

hey does anyone know if Bak Shaolin Shows up there, or Sigong Fu?

PHILBERT
04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I hope to be there since I kind of live in the city where it is being held. I missed the last 2 unfortuneatly.

Meat Shake
04-21-2004, 09:17 PM
I dont like the ruleset... Im already in the habit of locking and whatnot... I may as well fight since its only 15$, but chances are Ill DQ.

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Losttrak
If you dont like sleeping over to fight the next day they you are choosing sleep over your skill. I dont know about you but I can do without sleep. When I was training, I couldn't stand periods of extended downtime. Feed the hunger, people. It's more like I have 2 kids and a wife that don't appreciate the hotel lifestyle. We all have priorities. My first one isn't fighting.

Besides, I already said I plan on fighting San Shou. I wouldn't fight Saturday and Sunday. My 31 year-old body can't take that anymore. I can barely walk after class most nights. :p

Judge Pen
04-22-2004, 06:40 AM
We are all in different places. I ususally won't fight in a competitive match until I've had time to feel out what is or isn't acceptable conduct. Your first match isn't the time to learn what's acceptable unless you don't mind losing and getting hurt.

One of the biggest reasons I'm planning to go is to meet some of the people here face-to-face.

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
One of the biggest reasons I'm planning to go is to meet some of the people here face-to-face. Should we be wary of getting cracked by some 'chucks in the parking lot when we aren't looking? ;)

Judge Pen
04-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Nooooo. Wouldn't think of it. Besides you carry a chain whip in your car. Chain whips trump 'chucks. :p

Of course I'm talking about a friendly face-to-face. I get along with most people here. Even Serpent and Fred Sanford have occasionally been polite. :eek:

norther practitioner
04-22-2004, 09:00 AM
LOL
Yeah, I hope to meet a few more people down there again this year. It was nice meeting Gigi, MK, and Mizong kid.

As far as eagle claw, Lily was there last year, as was at least one decent size eagle claw school. Don't know which lineage though.

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
As far as eagle claw, Lily was there last year, as was at least one decent size eagle claw school. Don't know which lineage though. Weren't they from Mexico City?

norther practitioner
04-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Maybe, but I'm thinking of an American school. I remember watching a bunch of there beginners do a form that we call yi chuan (first fist) which is called yi duan over on Jiayo.. but a slightly different version. I know Chaser knows it, I know my eagle claw friends down in Ft. Lauderdale do it, and I know Lueb knows it, but I'm not sure what everyone calls it. Anywho, the only Mexican I met down there was a Chen stylist who ended up second in the internal grand champs. I think his name was Blue or something. The lady who won though, wow, her Yang was sweet, amazing kicks.

Ralphie
04-22-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm going to try and make it...I need to meet up with NP and his sifu still to get an idea on how everything works in these kind of tourneys. Anyway, as it gets closer, we should arrange to all meet!

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Anywho, the only Mexican I met down there was a Chen stylist who ended up second in the internal grand champs. I think his name was Blue or something. The lady who won though, wow, her Yang was sweet, amazing kicks. The guy who did three-section staff in the advanced flexible weapons was the Sifu from Mexico. I'm pretty sure they were wearing Eagle Claw t-shirts.

Anyway, as it gets closer, we should arrange to all meet!Last year, several of us were talking about hooking up. As far as I know, though, only me, NP, and Mizong actually talked to each other. I was actually looking for LostTrack when I found Mizhong Kid. I just went up to the Mizhong school and asked if any of them posted on KFO, expecting LostTrack to be associated with them.

GeneChing
04-22-2004, 10:07 AM
I wear some kind of Kung Fu Magazine colors like a got qi? shirt (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) and I'm typically carrying some kind of camera/gear bag. I'll probably be the one being dogged by some two-bit master begging me to be on the cover :eek: Also, you proably konw what I look like from the mag (there's a good shot of me getting kicked in the head on page 80 of our present issue (May June 2004) (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=486)). In short, I'm easy to spot and love to chat with members face-to-face, so find me and say 'hi'. Plus, we gotta take that shot for the mag - like I said, it's a tradition now for TJL. :cool:

Losttrak
04-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Dup post...

Losttrak
04-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Check out the video I posted if you want to see what I look like. I stand out a lil bit. 6'5" 240lbs. Prolly be wearing a plain black hat.

Meat Shake
04-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Youll be able to spot me by the tophat and coattails.

Judge Pen
04-22-2004, 02:07 PM
lol. I'll be the guy with MK's chain whip wrapped around my neck while cluthing a chinese two-section staff. :D

Losttrak
04-22-2004, 04:24 PM
lol a BALLCAP. =O

GeneChing
04-22-2004, 04:42 PM
huge guy with black hat...
guy in top hat and coattails...
guy with chain around neck...
That shouldn't be too hard to spot... wait a minute, this is Taiji Legacy, everyone will look like that. Can't you all wear white carnations or something like that? ;)

PHILBERT
04-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I wear some kind of Kung Fu Magazine colors like a got qi? shirt (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) and I'm typically carrying some kind of camera/gear bag. I'll probably be the one being dogged by some two-bit master begging me to be on the cover :eek: Also, you proably konw what I look like from the mag (there's a good shot of me getting kicked in the head on page 80 of our present issue (May June 2004) (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=486)). In short, I'm easy to spot and love to chat with members face-to-face, so find me and say 'hi'. Plus, we gotta take that shot for the mag - like I said, it's a tradition now for TJL. :cool:

I didn't know you had long hair now. Or am I imagining things? I'll try to drag Sandman and BTL over, get a photo shot of 3 moderators.

BTW, and you know I was eventually gonna ask, will Margie be coming this year? Look at this nice face and tell her she can't resist showing up. :D

Losttrak
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Ok ok I will wear a sombrero, dangit!

Or something like this:

Losttrak
04-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Here is a pic of me trying to work the dayam camera.

GeneChing
04-23-2004, 09:56 AM
...is always fluctuating. Right now it's about shoulder length - a years growth since I shaved for last year's Shaolin trip (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=468). I'm afraid Margie doesn't go on the road for events unless it's through Tiger Claw - and that would mean it's a big TKD tournament. 'fraid to say that CMA can't afford her yet. :eek:

PHILBERT
04-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Shucks, ok. Hmm...when will there be a TKD tournament in my area? :D

So are you planning on cutting your hair before Taiji Legacy, or are you gonna keep it long?

GeneChing
04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
I only cut it if I go to China, and I'm not planning a trip this year yet.

Judge Pen
04-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I'll be in Stanford that weekend for a week long trial academy.

MonkeySlapToo, I'd be available to meet up August 7 if we can make that work.

MasterKiller
04-28-2004, 01:01 PM
No cookie for you!

Shadowboxer
04-28-2004, 01:35 PM
When/where is it this year? All I can find on the web so far is 2003. Thanks.

MasterKiller
04-28-2004, 01:45 PM

PHILBERT
04-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Same place it has been the past several years. Arlington Convention center. The irony is, while I've been there several times, I never seem to be able to find the place when I live just half way across town from it. Stupid ballpark.

Meat Shake
04-28-2004, 02:38 PM
The Ballpark in arlington is a beautiful field.

norther practitioner
04-28-2004, 02:41 PM
And is in the backround of the pict. we got taken of us last year by Gigi.

MonkeySlap Too
04-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Agh! I'll be in Chicago for my 20 year high school reunion - on August 7th. Any chance you'll be around the following week?

PHILBERT
04-28-2004, 08:57 PM
The Ballpark in arlington is a beautiful field.

Yeah, if you like something that looks like it was built in 1920, and suddenly a ballpark fell out of the sky and landed on the building.

Judge Pen
04-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
Agh! I'll be in Chicago for my 20 year high school reunion - on August 7th. Any chance you'll be around the following week?

'fraid not. I'm flying in on July 30, but the seminar is pretty intensive. I'm through with the seminar on the 6th and flying out on the 8th. Maybe you could recomend some schools to check out while I'm in San Fran.

MasterKiller
04-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
never seem to be able to find the place when I live just half way across town from it. Stupid ballpark.It's just North of the ballpark. Right across the pond.

Yeah, if you like something that looks like it was built in 1920. That was kinda the point.

Shaolinlueb
04-29-2004, 07:24 AM
i doubt ill be going this year, i have a tournament wher ei need the weekend off from work. there are already 2 weekends i need off in july, cant get a third. :(. anyone going to the wong fie hung tourny in nj or wong 2004?

kungfuyou
04-29-2004, 08:00 AM

'fraid not. I'm flying in on July 30, but the seminar is pretty intensive. I'm through with the seminar on the 6th and flying out on the 8th. Maybe you could recomend some schools to check out while I'm in San Fran.

There are too many schools to mention to visit in SF. If you are going to be in Stanford area (Palo Alto) there's always Wing Lam in Santa Clara/San Jose. In SF there's Tat Mau Wong, Doc Fai Wong, 15-20 minutes accross the bay in Oakland there's quite a bit also. Can always head to Chinatown in the AM and catch some Tai Chi in the park.

Judge Pen
04-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by kungfuyou

There are too many schools to mention to visit in SF. If you are going to be in Stanford area (Palo Alto) there's always Wing Lam in Santa Clara/San Jose. In SF there's Tat Mau Wong, Doc Fai Wong, 15-20 minutes accross the bay in Oakland there's quite a bit also. Can always head to Chinatown in the AM and catch some Tai Chi in the park.

Thanks. Tai chi in the park sounds great too!

SevenStar
04-29-2004, 09:02 AM
MonkeySlapToo, I'd be available to meet up August 7 if we can make that work.

Are you sure you WANT to meet him?

Water Dragon
04-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Agh! I'll be in Chicago for my 20 year high school reunion - on August 7th.

Yay for me!

GeneChing
04-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Maybe you could recomend some schools to check out while I'm in San Fran. If you get down to the armpit of the Bay, you can come by our office. We're in Fremont about 40 miles south. Call first, and if I'm available, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour (that goes for any forum members in town, especially if you bring your wallets (http://www.martialartsmart.com) ;) )

Shaolinlueb
04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
If you get down to the armpit of the Bay, you can come by our office. We're in Fremont about 40 miles south. Call first, and if I'm available, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour (that goes for any forum members in town, especially if you bring your wallets (http://www.martialartsmart.com) ;) )

woah really? thats good to know :) and that link reminded me to buy my new broadsword :D

MonkeySlap Too
04-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Stuff to check out in SF:

Here's where I'd go:

Check Adam Hsu's website if thier guys still meet in Panhandle park on Saturday mornings - they are very good in my opinion, worth checking out.

Visiting Gene Ching is a good idea.

I bet his teachers school at Omei Kung Fu is a good choice.

I'll call my training buddy Vince, he's kinda anti-social, but a great CMA guy....

Gotta say - buyer beware, there is a lot of MA in this town, but a lot of it is what you'd expect.

Judge Pen
04-29-2004, 10:23 AM
If you get down to the armpit of the Bay, you can come by our office. We're in Fremont about 40 miles south. Call first, and if I'm available, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour (that goes for any forum members in town, especially if you bring your wallets (http://www.martialartsmart.com) ;) )

Gene, I won't be available until August 7 (a Saturday). I'm staying at the Hilton downtown Friday and Saturday night, but I won't be able to check in until later that day.

I don't suppose the offices are open on Saturday? :D

MS2: I'll definately check out Adam Hsu's website and the Omei school. I'm not sure what classes will be running that Saturday but I'm curious to see what I can find.

kungfuyou
04-29-2004, 10:27 AM

OT for Gene:

Your version of Hero (http://store.martialartsmart.net/dvd40028.html) that you sell in your video collection, this is the Chinese version correct? With English Subtitles?

Chang Style Novice
04-29-2004, 10:39 AM
http://sfmoma.com/

Judge Pen
04-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
http://sfmoma.com/

Are you trying to culture up this boy from Tennessee? :p

Chang Style Novice
04-29-2004, 10:45 AM
I know what I'D do in SF, is all.

Besides getting drunk with some friends I haven't seen in ages, I mean.

MonkeySlap Too
04-29-2004, 10:59 AM
What we would have done in SF:

Early morning - Chinese breakfast at Silver Restaraunt in Chinatown

Morning: Panhandle park - lots of CMA on Saturday morning - followed by goofing around comparing notes.

Lunch: House of Nanking - if you come to SF, you gotta eat there at least once.

Afternoon - some combination of CMA stuff that needs pre-planning. Maybe just a trip to Alameda Air Force base for workout by bay...

Evening - BBQ w/ my students/training friends/family - complete with viewing of worlds worst martial arts tapes.

Oh yeah, and that death match thing would be in there too :p

Oh well, next time...

MasterKiller
04-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
I know what I'D do in SF, is all. MOMA in NY rocks. We're planning on going back in Sept. maybe. The Ft. Worth MOMA is small, but has a pretty good collection.

Chang Style Novice
04-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Hit the Whitney while you're there, too. I think the Bienniel will still be up. We had the curator down here a couple of weeks ago talking and showing slides, and it looked fu(kin' fantastic.

Shaolinlueb
04-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by kungfuyou

OT for Gene:

Your version of Hero (http://store.martialartsmart.net/dvd40028.html) that you sell in your video collection, this is the Chinese version correct? With English Subtitles?

i bought same version last april in NYC Chinatown. it is the chinese version menus and such in chinese, but it does have pretty good english subtitles. you jsut need to know how to set them up with your remote if you dont know chinese. :D

Chang Style Novice
04-29-2004, 11:15 AM
http://www.whitney.org/

Whoopsie! The Biennial ends in May. Well, you should still go.

http://www.whitney.org/exhibition/upcoming.shtml

Looks like the Whitney's gonna be pretty heavy on the Ruscha in September.

Judge Pen
04-29-2004, 11:31 AM
What we would have done in SF:

Early morning - Chinese breakfast at Silver Restaraunt in Chinatown

Morning: Panhandle park - lots of CMA on Saturday morning - followed by goofing around comparing notes.

Lunch: House of Nanking - if you come to SF, you gotta eat there at least once.

Afternoon - some combination of CMA stuff that needs pre-planning. Maybe just a trip to Alameda Air Force base for workout by bay...

Evening - BBQ w/ my students/training friends/family - complete with viewing of worlds worst martial arts tapes.

Oh yeah, and that death match thing would be in there too :p

Oh well, next time...

Sounds like it would have been fun (except for that death match part). I'll try some of those restaurants while I'm there.

complete with viewing of worlds worst martial arts tapes.

How did you get a hold of some of my tournament tapes? :eek:

kungfuyou
04-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

i bought same version last april in NYC Chinatown. it is the chinese version menus and such in chinese, but it does have pretty good english subtitles. you jsut need to know how to set them up with your remote if you dont know chinese. :D

LOL...wife just bought it for me...that's why I ask!! LOL...it's all chinese, but I found how to get to the English Subtitles to watch it, haven't yet, but will soon!! :D

Banjos_dad
04-29-2004, 12:06 PM
My Dad's mom lived in Hayward the later half of her life & we visited her a lot.
I liked it when they took me to the Exploratorium (near the fine arts museum?? in SF). If it's still there & you have kids with you, it would be fun for them probably.

GeneChing
04-29-2004, 03:01 PM
slb: broadswords (http://store.martialartsmart.net/chinese-martial-arts-weapons-broadswords.html)

mks2: We always like visitors, but call ahead. Here's Tony Chen's website (http://www.usaomei.com) House of Nanking, eh? You DO know SF. :cool:

jp: We are open on Saturday but I'm not here (although Margie often is ;) ) Also you might consdier checking out the new Asian Art museum, it's very good.

kfy: It is the chinese version of Hero - I wasn't aware there was a US version yet.

Judge Pen
04-29-2004, 03:16 PM
:D Well I'm not tight with Margie like NP is!

hungsingclf
04-29-2004, 03:23 PM
hello jp,
you could check out grandmaster deno salvatera's school (hung sing gwoon)if you're interested just email me (hungsingclf@yahoo.com) and i will give you the contact info. oh and watch out for broadway late nite in chinatown.

bamboo_ leaf
04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
There is a small lake in golden gate park called spreckles lake, many taiji people play there, different styles and teachers can be viewed on Saturdays and Sundays 8 am to 11am or so.

If you make it up to SJ area, drop a line. We are a small group that gets together on Saturdays for some push hand play if your interested. ;)

kungfuyou
04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bamboo_ leaf
There is a small lake in golden gate park called spreckles lake, many taiji people play there, different styles and teachers can be viewed on Saturdays and Sundays 8 am to 11am or so.

If you make it up to SJ area, drop a line. We are a small group that gets together on Saturdays for some push hand play if your interested. ;)

Where abouts in SJ do y'all play??? :)

PHILBERT
04-29-2004, 04:43 PM

Meh, if I were in the area, I'd be willing to stop bye and meet some of the staff (including you). And by staff, I mean the got qi? girls. And by got qi? girls, I mean Margie.

bamboo_ leaf
04-29-2004, 06:10 PM
A place called Overfelt Park, It’s a small group, the leaf is headed out to Taiwan for a little while. I should be back by the end of may. Please e-mail or PM for details.

I extend this to anyone up this way intrested the practice of push hands. ;)

Judge Pen
04-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by hungsingclf
hello jp,
you could check out grandmaster deno salvatera's school (hung sing gwoon)if you're interested just email me (hungsingclf@yahoo.com) and i will give you the contact info. oh and watch out for broadway late nite in chinatown.

I'll do that closer to the time that I'm leaving. Basically I plan to go grab some breakfast, go to the park, visit Chinatown and some of the tourist areas that evening. I'll be sure to check your grandmaster's school out.

GeneChing
04-30-2004, 02:33 PM
I mean Margie. I'm sure she'd be flattered. The time I had to stop by the office on a Saturday, it was Margie and Judy on staff. All I could think was 'oooh, if only the forum boys knew'. :cool:

norther practitioner
04-30-2004, 03:15 PM
It is the chinese version of Hero - I wasn't aware there was a US version yet.

There is a box set version on ebay now....

I saw the trailer for it during the previews before kill bill v2..

I just hope they don't mirihax it.

kungfuyou
05-03-2004, 07:17 AM

There is a box set version on ebay now....

I saw the trailer for it during the previews before kill bill v2..

I just hope they don't mirihax it.

Is it all dubbed in English?? I've seen the perview before KBv2.
What I was meant by the "English Version" was the menu's on the DVD, are they in english? So you know which is to play the movie, go to scene selections, options, special features, etc...??? I have the Chinese version now, and all that is in Chinese, so I'm basically guessing at what menu's are what!!

kungfuyou
05-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by bamboo_ leaf
A place called Overfelt Park, It’s a small group, the leaf is headed out to Taiwan for a little while. I should be back by the end of may. Please e-mail or PM for details.

I extend this to anyone up this way intrested the practice of push hands. ;)

WOW brutha...you are way down there!! :D I'm kinda familiar with the area. When is it you meet? What is it you practice? How small is a small group??

CaptinPickAxe
07-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm curious as to who will show their face there. I'll be there to support Shake in his two events.

If your gonna go, post here. If your going to compete, let us know.

norther practitioner
07-13-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm going...

I need to be warry of my knee, so I'm doing broadsword, northern external, Yang taiji, maybe the 24, maybe but most likely push hands (restricted step).

I need to book my ticket now...

red5angel
07-13-2004, 03:19 PM
I'll be there :D But only for about 5 minutes or so ;) :D

norther practitioner
07-13-2004, 03:20 PM
You're not going to play at all bro?

red5angel
07-13-2004, 03:22 PM
hehe, it was a joke sort of....I won't be there, it's in Texas and I have too much other travelling to do this fall. Maybe next year, as long as you guys promise not to beat me up.

red5angel
07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
NP - not to take this thread off topic but I found out that the capoeira school I joined does their batizados in Colorado. I was too close to this one in august to go but there is supposed to be another this winter. IF so I'll be looking you up.

PHILBERT
07-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Im gonna be there.

Shaolinlueb
07-13-2004, 07:16 PM
pass this year. i will nexty year probably.

Vash
07-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Not this year. Definetly next year.

Doesn't feel right starting something on a "4" year. "5" seems much more natural :confused: ;)

Good luck to those competing.

Royal Dragon
07-14-2004, 06:16 AM
When, and where is it being held?

Where can we go for competitive rules and such?

MasterKiller
07-14-2004, 06:20 AM
When, and where is it being held?

Where can we go for competitive rules and such?

norther practitioner
07-14-2004, 09:24 AM
MK, you doing the same as last year (you're going again right)? Hopefully there be a good turnout again, last year was fun. Got to meet a lot of people.

If and what seminars are people thinking of?

MasterKiller
07-14-2004, 09:30 AM
MK, you doing the same as last year (you're going again right)? My ankle isn't fully healed from my rope-dart accident a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to train that hard since I hit myself, and I don't think I could compete on it, so I may just skip this year.

Starchaser107
07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
I'll say definately in a few hours.

norther practitioner
07-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Aww, come on man.... you're gonna miss the pict....

I've not been able to do a few things lately because of my knee... I'm still going, just not doing straight sword (which sucks, thats my favorite thing to perform) or the fan (second favorite). I might still try to figure out something with the fan though... don't know.

Right now I'm registered for what I said above.

Starchaser107
07-14-2004, 09:56 AM
dude... i dont wanna be all alone in texas
thats my only problem

somebody hold me

scotty1
07-14-2004, 10:01 AM
My ankle isn't fully healed from my rope-dart accident a couple of weeks ago.

For some reason that made me LMAO. :D

Starchaser107
07-14-2004, 10:16 AM
OK I'ma Coming!!!

see y'all kung fu gurus there...

enpee i see u later u can push me around again like last time.

Meat Shake
07-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Yes I go.
Im sending my registration for jacket wrestling and continuous sparring this friday.

You who are not going fear the shake. FEAR THE SHAKE!

Starchaser107
07-14-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm going and I still fear the shake.

g-**** i think i just pizzed my pants:eek: :( :(

Meat Shake
07-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Yes, unfortunately I fear the shake as well. My epilepsy has been driving me nuts lately.

Yes.... That was wrong. I am wrong. Hate me. Ill slap you. Give me back my chanklas stupid gringo.

Starchaser107
07-14-2004, 10:58 AM
i'll be cheering for u man... i suppose you'll be in the chinese fast wrestling division

norther practitioner
07-14-2004, 03:41 PM
enpee i see u later u can push me around again like last time.

:rolleyes:

I only got you by about 35-40 lbs... lol.

So, noone is thinking of any seminars or anything?

PHILBERT
07-14-2004, 05:36 PM
MK, you gotta show up man. Gene's gonna be there and taking the photo for the magazine. I'm gonna try and get Sandman and BTL and myself (since we all train together) to get in the photo as well.

rubthebuddha
07-14-2004, 09:01 PM
if i'm in texas at that time (cross your fingers for a fresh job for the rubby :)), the woman has promised to take me to tjl.
i vote that we all attack gene, pin him down and shave off that hippie haircut -- he needs to go back to his roots (pun intended).

PHILBERT
07-15-2004, 12:47 AM
The woman huh? Good way to address her.

MasterKiller
07-15-2004, 10:30 AM
The woman huh? Good way to address her. RTB could just call her "Bob," but that spoils the illusion.

rubthebuddha
07-15-2004, 10:43 AM
actually, mk, the blow-up doll never really struck me as a bob, so i changed it to dana, a name that could swing to either gender. :eek:

GeneChing
07-19-2004, 10:24 AM
And yes, we must take some photos of forum members! Do introduce yourself to me. I'm easy to spot since I'm always wearing got qi (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) gear and such, and carrying a camera. I'll be the one being cornered by all the wannabe masters trying to get on the cover. :p

Sow Choy
07-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I will be there too...

Come and say hi if you see me there, and Gene maybe we can get that beer... :cool:

Good luck to everyone who is in the competition!!!

Joe

GeneChing
07-19-2004, 02:21 PM
You know it Joe. BTW, I just got the advance of the next issue with your article. I think you'll like it. ;)

Sow Choy
07-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Gene,

lookin foward to the beer & the mag, thanks for everything...

Joe

PHILBERT
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
And yes, we must take some photos of forum members! Do introduce yourself to me. I'm easy to spot since I'm always wearing got qi (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) gear and such, and carrying a camera. I'll be the one being cornered by all the wannabe masters trying to get on the cover. :p

Oh! Oh! Can I be on the cover? :p Too bad Margie can't come though...:( oh well, see you there.

CaptinPickAxe
07-19-2004, 06:29 PM
I'll pose for pictures but you won't be able to see me because I'm a ninja.

sorry, thats the way it goes.

norther practitioner
07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Ermph... training schedule getting all f@#$ed up...

Gotta work some 3rd shifts for the next few days...

GeneChing
07-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Maybe we should run a special division for KFM forum members just the like the Wing Chun guys do at TJL. We could compete with witty posts and such.... hmmm. nah, that's a silly idea. How about a just a KFM beer drinking division?

Starchaser107
07-20-2004, 09:58 AM
do we have to carry our own beer , or will it be provided by our sponsors.

GeneChing
07-21-2004, 09:40 AM
...it's not like we have the Budweiser demo team in CMA. Hell, I'd be happy with the Tsingtao demo team. Or even the Maotai demo team. CMA is BYOB. :(

norther practitioner
07-21-2004, 09:46 AM
I think he was reffering to our forum sponsor Gene...:D ..

But we can take a hint.

Chaser, check your email.

red5angel
07-21-2004, 09:47 AM
that's a silly idea. How about a just a KFM beer drinking division?

you suckaz thank your lucky stars I'm not coming this year! I'd have that division wrapped up!

MasterKiller
07-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I tried to get Gigi to buy me and NP lunch last year, but she wasn't so easily convinced. :mad:

Vash
07-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey, I was reading through the rules for TJL, and they say a karate gi is not considered appropriate attire. Which is cool with me, though, cuz I'm not a big fan of the white pajamas. I can wear a school T, some track pants, and a pair of Feiyue shoes.

Not this year, though :(

MasterKiller
07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Vash
Hey, I was reading through the rules for TJL, and they say a karate gi is not considered appropriate attire. Which is cool with me, though, cuz I'm not a big fan of the white pajamas. I can wear a school T, some track pants, and a pair of Feiyue shoes.

Not this year, though :( That's because it's a CMA tournament. Chinese styles don't wear japanese underwear.

Starchaser107
07-21-2004, 11:50 AM
ok, checked my email,
thanks.

byob huh, i'd get my butt whooped in that division by u guys anyway.
maybe i can sneak a lil' sip in without anyone noticing.

Sow Choy
07-21-2004, 01:31 PM
What about a Sake Demo Team, or Lion Team???

:cool:

Vash
07-21-2004, 01:33 PM
That's because it's a CMA tournament. Chinese styles don't wear japanese underwear.

What if I go old school, and where an Okinawan loin cloth?

pho shizzle.

MasterKiller
07-21-2004, 01:41 PM
I believe you have to wear a school t-shirt, a Taiji Legacy t-shirt, or a Chinese top. If you can tuck one of those neatly into your loin cloth, then I say go for it.

red5angel
07-21-2004, 01:46 PM
I'd throw a 10$ into the "watch Vash perofrm a demo in a thong at TJL" fund.

Chang Style Novice
07-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Or more precisely, ten dollars in one dollar bills.

red5angel
07-21-2004, 01:50 PM
how many times do I tell you, just because my style is hidden in "the dance" doesn't mean I swing that way.

I wouldn't touch vash in a thong with YOUR moms hands.

norther practitioner
07-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Speaking of moms... Oh, never mind

Saturday night should prove fun. As for the day, we'll see....:D

red5angel
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
I feel a joke about rubthebuddhas mom coming on......something about two midgets, a duck and a cold spoon......

rubthebuddha
07-21-2004, 02:23 PM
yup. those were all the things she beat you with, because you were too much of a ***** to fight for real. so she just picked up whatever was handy and clobbered your ass with 'em.

the duck survived but never laid another egg. the midgets did just fine until they both perished in a fishing accident four years later off the coast of alaska.

the spoon? it's kept in a breakable plastic container on the wall at my mom's office. it's labeled "for emergency beatings of nancy boys only."

Starchaser107
07-21-2004, 02:23 PM
and a jamaican:(

red5angel
07-21-2004, 02:32 PM
how was I supposed to know your mom was built like a russian linebacker on steroids?! It turns out you can have too much vodka......

GeneChing
07-22-2004, 11:10 AM
I tried to get Gigi to buy me and NP lunch last year, but she wasn't so easily convinced. That's why you guys are students. You see, masters buy us lunch. They buy us dinners. They buy us drinks. They want to be in the magazine. With that kind of dynamic, Gigi's reaction isn't the least bit suprising, yes? But hook up with me, and I'll at least you kick down a Tiger Claw lanyard, and see about getting you in the mag, no strings attached*

*but drinks appreciated. ;)

Starchaser107
07-22-2004, 11:16 AM
what's your poison of choice g-man:cool:

Meat Shake
07-22-2004, 11:44 AM
My poison of choice is rolled in deliciously thin rice papers.

Gene - Ill bust a pose for the mag....
As long as a leopard g string is kfm appropriate.

Edit: Did I mention that Im grossly obese? GROSSLY OBESE.
yes.

Shen Zhou
07-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Whats going on Saturday night? I am all for the following:

1. Strip Clubs ( you must wear your school Uniform to the strip club)

That is all................

I have not decided if i am going to do sparring. I have to run the rest of this week to see how the lungs are. I have sparred before at TJL and it was cool. Well if any one wants to meet I will be the Tall light skin black guy with a Baltimore baseball cap, blue polo pull over and some fresh kicks and a full beard ( going through my rasta stage). Got to keep the fresh kicks though...

Shen Zhou

norther practitioner
07-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Cool, Gene, you seem like an Ale guy..

As far as the strip clubs, don't know, two tournies ago I went on Sat. night and I missed my push hands division on Sunday.

Starchaser107
07-22-2004, 12:50 PM
thats cause u pushed your hands somewhere the night before

norther practitioner
07-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, well, still, I missed an event :D

I'm not complaining as to why I missed the event, except that it was sort of a sleeze joint.

GeneChing
07-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Guinness, for strength!

Mediocrity
07-22-2004, 07:11 PM
How about next year Gene?

I can get you a picture of Sifu Tu wearing a sun hat and yellow goggles busting out a mantis pose :)

But I'll definitely be there next year... don't know what I'll do but definitely some drinking and exploring texas.

GeneChing
07-26-2004, 09:48 AM
One tournament at a time. Look forward to seeing all of you this weekend. When are y'all coming in? I'll be in Friday and leaving Sunday (my typical modus operendi at tournaments).

MasterKiller
07-26-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm not coming. My ankle is still swollen.

Shaolinlueb
07-26-2004, 10:21 AM

use some dit dow ja, wrap it and go :D

norther practitioner
07-27-2004, 12:02 AM
One tournament at a time. Look forward to seeing all of you this weekend. When are y'all coming in? I'll be in Friday and leaving Sunday (my typical modus operendi at tournaments).

I'll be in early Friday, out ~4ish Sunday..

I know Chaser will be in early Friday, leave early Sunday..

:o

Get over it :D

Hope you heal soon bro.;)

PHILBERT
07-27-2004, 12:54 AM

I'll be there Saturday morning. Not sure when it starts or when I'll wake up and show up. But I'll be there. I also dunno who from my school will be going, I know my Sifu won't be, which sucks. BTW, Gene, if I bring a dozen roses and ask for you to take them to Margie

...nah, I think they'd be rotting by then.

MasterKiller
07-27-2004, 06:34 AM
I'll be there Saturday morning. Not sure when it starts or when I'll wake up and show up. The demos start at 11 or so....the tournament won't start until 1, regardless of what time they say it will start.

BeiTangLang
07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
I screwed up. I'll be missing the tournament this year because I scheduled my vacation over it! DOH!

Ah well,....I be thinking about you guys while I'm on the beach....NOT!

Have a great time at the tourny; its always a pretty good show.
Best Wishes,
~BTL

GeneChing
07-27-2004, 09:34 AM
PHILBERT: I'm not carrying a dozen roses all the way back here on the plane for you and Margie. I'll carry something smaller, like say a new thong embroided with your name - as long as it's clean and it can fit in a small luggage pocket. A dozen roses is too much to ask.

Remember our forum members photo op tradition. I expect y'all to be ready to bust out your best KF pose for us - extra points if you're wearing a got qi? (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) shirt. :cool:

Really looking forward to seeing you all. It promises to be a fun weekend.

MasterKiller
07-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Remember our forum members photo op tradition. I expect y'all to be ready to bust out your best KF pose for us - extra points if you're wearing a got qi? (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) shirt. :cool: Ya'll best be remembering those who busted their @sses lobbying for the first pic to make into the magazine. We didn't have a guaranteed carrott to attend. We was representing fo the luv of the fu.

PHILBERT
07-27-2004, 12:12 PM
PHILBERT: I'm not carrying a dozen roses all the way back here on the plane for you and Margie. I'll carry something smaller, like say a new thong embroided with your name - as long as it's clean and it can fit in a small luggage pocket. A dozen roses is too much to ask.

Remember our forum members photo op tradition. I expect y'all to be ready to bust out your best KF pose for us - extra points if you're wearing a got qi? (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html) shirt. :cool:

Really looking forward to seeing you all. It promises to be a fun weekend.

What's her waist size?

And I'll try to remember to wear my got qi? shirt, though I also have to have my school shirt on.

Meat Shake
07-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Myself and the capn are comming up friday.. Leaving here around noon or 1, probably arriving there about 6-8 or so. Staying until sunday.

Ill be the one pimpin on all the asian broads.

PHILBERT
07-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Myself and the capn are comming up friday.. Leaving here around noon or 1, probably arriving there about 6-8 or so. Staying until sunday.

Ill be the one pimpin on all the asian broads.

You mean the 14 year old Wushu girls who aren't even finished with puberty?

MasterKiller
07-27-2004, 12:38 PM
or the chicks from China....................

Big tournament, Philbert. Big tournament.

PHILBERT
07-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah but why hit on a bunch of girls from half way around the world that you'll never see or speak to again?...

Hey, Meat Shake, lets work the floor together ok? I know a few hotels near there that are nice and perfect. Maybe if we tell them we are movie producers or something, that'll help.

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah but why hit on a bunch of girls from half way around the world that you'll never see or speak to again?...

Because you can.

Hey, Meat Shake, lets work the floor together ok? I know a few hotels near there that are nice and perfect. Maybe if we tell them we are movie producers or something, that'll help.

and im missing this? :(
:mad: :(

Kristoffer
07-28-2004, 03:09 AM
I expect pics from this

MasterKiller
07-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Yeah but why hit on a bunch of girls from half way around the world that you'll never see or speak to again?... Um........do I really need to answer this question?

norther practitioner
07-28-2004, 07:29 AM
Word..

Philbert just went on the list of those who "don't get it"

Miss you there this year MK... I was looking forward to seeing you finally nail that sitdown stance with the spade.

MasterKiller
07-28-2004, 07:32 AM
Miss you there this year MK... I was looking forward to seeing you finally nail that sitdown stance with the spade. I was going to do a different monk spade form anyway. No sit down in this one. :D But I was reaaaaly looking forward to the San Shou. I've been working at getting into shape for the fights, and was pretty close (I think) until I hurt my ankle. It swells up after every workout, and there is no way I can fight on it.

norther practitioner
07-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Word

Shaolinlueb
07-28-2004, 07:48 AM
maybe i should cancel my plans this weekend and buy a last minute ticket to dallas .... [pondering idea]

Starchaser107
07-28-2004, 07:55 AM
it's gonna be fun just to see you guys.
don't be shy now

Meat Shake
07-28-2004, 08:08 AM
"Hey, Meat Shake, lets work the floor together ok? I know a few hotels near there that are nice and perfect. Maybe if we tell them we are movie producers or something, that'll help."

Movie producers? I produce hip hop already. No need to lie... Just need the gift of gab. And any legit broads should be staying by themselves, so just go to their hotels. :)

"I expect pics from this"
If theres enough alcohol involved, I may even get a video.
Wait... Are we talking about TJL here or the asians? :eek:

"But I was reaaaaly looking forward to the San Shou. "
So was I.. until I found out you had to wear chest protector, which I loathe with an explainable passion. So... Im just entering shuai chiao and continuous sparring.
You guys did say that I should be able to hit folks in the face pretty hard without getting DQed, right?

"it's gonna be fun just to see you guys.
don't be shy now"

Word.
And I should be rollin with a bit of texas' finest, so after my fights but before the sanshou ...

MasterKiller
07-28-2004, 08:21 AM
You guys did say that I should be able to hit folks in the face pretty hard without getting DQed, right? Yeah, they are traditionally pretty lenient on the 'hard contact' calls. People get broken noses all the time.

Meat Shake
07-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Good good... :)
Just that everytime I hear "light contact" Im reminded of TKD and shaolin-do sparring.... Ugh...
I just hope I dont accidentally take someone off their feet.... Its already pretty ****ed habitual... Oh well. If it happens it happens. :)
So you arent even going to watch MK?

MasterKiller
07-28-2004, 08:27 AM
So you arent even going to watch MK? Nah. If I go, I'll sign up and compete. And if I compete, I'll push myself and hurt my ankle again, or just flat out do poorly because I can't put a lot of weight on it.

Meat Shake
07-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Just go without any gear so you cant compete. :)

Or so you run out and blow 120$ on gear.... hehehe

norther practitioner
07-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Thats alright, I'll be in it for at least a couple hundo this weekend, as I hope that Jonies is there, cause I lost the top to my comp. uni this last month... no idea...

And If I see a decent dao, I'll pick that up too.

Starchaser107
07-28-2004, 09:23 AM
enpeee
is such an affluent man.

them tapez was fun , some were a bit wack but still fun

norther practitioner
07-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Whatever bro..

anywho, that qigong thing was OK, I just grabbed a few movies, some of them are dope, some, well, not so dope.

Meat Shake
07-28-2004, 10:49 AM
I just took a crap the melted the wall paper off of the bathroom walls.

norther practitioner
07-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Ya know,

level of information devuldged

------------------------------------------------------------------------

level of information that we needed to know

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starchaser107
07-28-2004, 10:53 AM
i'd like to see you stick a snake up your nostrils
and have it come through your mouth

i sed it was cool , not the bomb diggi bomb tron

Shaolindynasty
07-28-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm going. I'll be in the Choy Lay Fut division. My sifu asked me to go about three weeks ago. I decided to compete even though I hadn't trained in CLF forms in about 6 months and had 3 weeks to prepare. Hope I don't embarass anybody(or myself).

I'll be the guy in the Ng family chinese martial arts association tshirt with the tatoo on my neck

GeneChing
07-28-2004, 03:32 PM
gonna be pimpin' dis 'n' sparring dat. you know you're really going to be sitting in the corner, typing on your laptop, another nerdy kfm wallflower. :p

Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting all of your face-to-face. Tell me your from the forum. I met dimmakseminar last weekend and he said he was dimmak just as I was shaking his hand. I had flown in at midnight, didn't get into my room until 1 am, and then my neighbors were noisily copulating all night long so I got very little sleep (like you're not going to stay up and listen :rolleyes: ) so I was a little drowsy when I met dimmak and all I heard was 'dimmak' which left me wondering, should I be shaking this guy's hand? :p

nairb
07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Anyone who's gone before care to pass along some knowledge?

Looks interesting.

http://chinwoo.com/2004tcl/workshops.htm

I have no connection with the tournament btw.

nairb
07-28-2004, 08:06 PM
I just noticed there's another thread already.

If anyone has any recs I'll take them here anyway!

TIA

norther practitioner
07-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Alright y'all...

I'll see you down there, Chaser, see you in a bit...

Look for me, I'll prob. be rockin' my got qi shirt whilst warming up.

I'll be kickin' it w/ Chaser and my teacher prob. tom.... around the hotel and whatnot.

cafe nostra (http://www.cafenostra.com)

Oh, and while everyone is in Dallas, check out this Pizza place, my boys own it (you can also watch them on the amazing race on CBS).

Starchaser107
07-29-2004, 03:05 PM
no doubt ,no doubt , it will be fun...
once again best wishes to everone who is competing in Texas over the weekend , and i wish you all safe travels and such.
blessings.

Meat Shake
07-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Ill just be in wrestling shoes, a black or grey beater, and a white kangol hat. And glasses.
Look forward to meeting everyone there. :)

PHILBERT
07-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Word..

Philbert just went on the list of those who "don't get it"

Miss you there this year MK... I was looking forward to seeing you finally nail that sitdown stance with the spade.

Or you missed my joke, along with MK. Scroll down after my message and read what I said. Meat Shake and I should work together to land a few girls for each other and I could show him a nice hotel near the convention center.

PHILBERT
07-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Well, I shaved my head today by accident. I told the barber that Ralph Nader should be president, next thing I know it's gone. Ok, its not entirely true. I just messed up and had it cut too short.

GeneChing
08-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Both were indeed rocking their got qi shirts (http://store.martialartsmart.net/tshirgotqi99.html). NP even busted out our fan (http://store.martialartsmart.net/45-08b.html). Nice to see y'all representin' Thanks & Praises!! :cool: