PDA

View Full Version : Whey protein delivery systems

Meat Shake
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
What do you guys drink your whey protein with?
Ive been doing a lot of reseach, and apparently what you mix it with, when, ect... makes a HUGE impact on your gains.
Until recently, Id either just drink my whey with water or milk, but recently Ive been drinking as follows - (3 a day)
1st of the day - with some sort of juice
Pre workout - with applejuice, helps boost energy.
Post workout - with 2 tablespoons honey and a banana, mix it with milk. The combination of insulin, potassium, protein, ect... somehow helps activate growth hormone. Since Ive switched Ive already been seeing better gains on strength and weight.

fa_jing
04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
I drink whey sometimes, but it gives me gas and the runs....:eek:

IronFist
04-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
Ive been doing a lot of reseach, and apparently what you mix it with, when, ect... makes a HUGE impact on your gains.

Did any of this "research" come from Nitrotech or Muscletech? If so you can pretty much disregard it.

Or maybe not. After all, their protein is 85737.759827364% more effective than "standard" whey. :D

scotty1
04-22-2004, 05:35 AM
I sometimes drink milk with Soya protein in it.

Any thoughts goo/bad about Soya as opposed to whey?

rubthebuddha
04-22-2004, 02:04 PM
not sure if it's just a normal american market starting a hating campaign (as happened against rapeseed and coconut oil in decades past), but soy, typically the modified soy found in most american products these days, has gotten some bad press these days. higher levels of estrogen is the main knock against modified soy.

however, i haven't heard a thing bad about whey, other than that it goes straight through some people.

that said, whey is not in shortage, and i know of no significant alleged side effect, so i'm playing it safe.

blooming lotus
04-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I thinkread somewhere recently thatthe best recovery protiens were frommilk albem( how do you spell that), egg and whey...

depeding on what my bodies doing, I mix with goats milk, water, cows milk and with or without hot/cold chaser ( differenet amounts of glucose etc)or maybe a potassium/sodium clear fluided drink

scotty1
04-23-2004, 03:59 AM
"higher levels of estrogen is the main knock against modified soy."

That would explain my b!tch tits.

bungle
04-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Soy is evil unless it is traditionally made. Milk is evil unless it is unpasterised then it is awsome. Coconut oil is great.

www.westonaprice.org
www.mercola.com

These two websites should be attached to the top of the forum, therefore no questions on nutriton need be asked.

ME, ARROGANT? yeh, ok

scotty1
04-23-2004, 04:27 AM
"Milk is evil unless it is unpasterised then it is awsome"

:confused:

Apparently my soy is Pure Soya Protein Isolate Powder.

Modified?

bungle
04-23-2004, 04:34 AM
pasteurizing milk is done to kill off all bacteria and enzymes in the milk so that we do not get infected with ecoli and wotnot. In fact, people have still be infected with e coli drinking pasteurized milk but anyway.

What they didn't realise is that heating milk up to these high temperatures denatures the proteins, reduces vitamin content and in some cases completely destroys the vitamins and minerals. Not only that but the enzymes naturally present in raw milk (straight form the cow) are essential for proper digestion and utilization of the nutrients in the milk. To add insult to injury, they ****genize the milk and skim fat off it. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

In fact the ecoli outbreaks were due to unclean manufacturing methods and like most humans instead of correcting the root of the problem they searched for a solution to a problem they created themselves! A solution that screws milk up big time.

The people at west a price will explain it better than I. Milk is very healthy if it is raw/unpasterised/not raped.

blooming lotus
04-23-2004, 06:48 AM
we all know soy anything is a formular for infertilty right...

bungle
04-23-2004, 06:55 AM
I read a hilarious article in a newspaper here in the UK. Apprently soy inhibits the production of certain male hormones. The article concluded that soy must therefore be good for preventing breast cancer!

stubbs
04-25-2004, 02:17 AM
do all dairy products get heated to get rid of e coli and other bugs? can you get 'raw' butter? i dunno how things are made but i choose butter over margarine to avoid the hydrogenated (sp?) fatty oils. if there's a better butter out there i'd like to see if i can find some
________
Homemade vaporizer (http://homemadevaporizers.info/)

bungle
04-25-2004, 02:41 AM
i think butter is ok. Go for grass fed if u can/

Xebsball
04-25-2004, 10:16 PM
so today at the supermarket i found this that said "protein bars"
it also said somewhere there "whey protein"

so i thought, hey i heard those crazy kfo psychopathics had a thread on "whey" something - so it must be GOOD STUFF

i bought a whole bunch of em

just to find out later

IT TASTES LIKE CRAP
Really, its like chocolate without taste, without sugar - its just like crap
Maybe it does make one strong, but it tastes like crap

Toby
04-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Lol! What were they Xebby? Powerbars? I like powerbars, but it's an acquired taste. Chocolate's my favourite. Expensive, though.

blooming lotus
04-26-2004, 02:02 AM
lol...try living on them yr after yr after yr....pretty soon they get to tasting good....reeal good :D ;)

Xebsball
04-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Yeah peeps this stuff is expensive indeed

Hey im gonna post info of it:

1 bar is 42g

calories: 130kcal
carbs: 16g
protein: 10g
total fat: 3.5g
saturated fat: 2.5g
colesterol: 0mg
fibers (?): 1g
calcium: 118mg

then follows a huge ass list of other minerals and vitamins that be on it basicly but i aint typing all that.

Meat Shake
04-26-2004, 07:44 PM
"Did any of this "research" come from Nitrotech or Muscletech? If so you can pretty much disregard it."

Nope.

I dont use any of their products anyhow. I use cytogainer or designer whey, and right now Im using v12 also. And tons of lean meats. :)

blooming lotus
04-26-2004, 08:16 PM
10 gms of protein and16 of carbs?? how manmy of hose are sugars....I wouldn't normally buy anything under 20-25 gms protein...and even then most of those would need to be sugar....unless I was in need of a serious carb hit...you're trying to lose weight though right???

low carb..repeat....low carb...high protein...high to me is either far above carb proportion or 20-40-50 gms...good serve...gm per kg of body weight + 10 ish...maybe 1/4 ish carb

IronFist
04-26-2004, 09:20 PM
The Met-Rx bars that are Chocolate Graham Cracker are pretty good. There's another flavor that's good, too, but I forgot because I haven't bought any in years.

Be careful of the chocolate chip ones, tho. They have way more saturated fat than any other flavor.

I think the Met-Rx ones are the biggest bars on the market. They're 100g each I think. I think 27-30g of that is protein.

IronFist
04-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Careful, also, cuz a lot of them have 100% of the daily recommended value of iron, and you being a guy don't need any extra iron, much less 100% extra. Unless you like constipation, I mean. I don't know why the hell they put so much iron in some of those bars. The Met-Rx ones I mentioned I think have only 25% or 35% iron. Btw, iron tastes nasty. You'll be able to smell it when you unwrap the bar if it has a lot of iron in it.

But at least now you know what whey protein tastes like :) Unless that was iron you were tasting.

IronFist
04-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
Yeah peeps this stuff is expensive indeed

Hey im gonna post info of it:

1 bar is 42g

calories: 130kcal
carbs: 16g
protein: 10g
total fat: 3.5g
saturated fat: 2.5g
colesterol: 0mg
fibers (?): 1g
calcium: 118mg

then follows a huge ass list of other minerals and vitamins that be on it basicly but i aint typing all that.

Um you forgot the name of the bar. Oh wait you mentioned it up above. Alright, first of all that's a weak bar. 130 calories? Haha. Me and my 400 calorie Met-Rx bars laugh at that. And 10g of protein isn't much. You bought the like junior protein bars. Take them back (if you can) and get the Met-Rx ones I mentioned. They're a little soft, but they're the best I've had as far as taste/nutrients go.

If you can't take them back, they're still fine. Just know that 10g of protein isn't much.

Now that I think about it, these Met-Rx ones I keep mentioning might be classified as meal replacement bars. :D

blooming lotus
04-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
Careful, also, cuz a lot of them have 100% of the daily recommended value of ............

good advice...how many people here are vigilant of toxicity??? especially if you're doing vitamin tabs and supplements together......it can get pretty nasty and it's easy to do

just make sure aware of what you're consuming and how much you need :cool:

Xebsball
04-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by IronFist

Um you forgot the name of the bar. Oh wait you mentioned it up above. Alright, first of all that's a weak bar. 130 calories? Haha. Me and my 400 calorie Met-Rx bars laugh at that. And 10g of protein isn't much. You bought the like junior protein bars. Take them back (if you can) and get the Met-Rx ones I mentioned. They're a little soft, but they're the best I've had as far as taste/nutrients go.

If you can't take them back, they're still fine. Just know that 10g of protein isn't much.

Now that I think about it, these Met-Rx ones I keep mentioning might be classified as meal replacement bars. :D

The name o the bar is Trio Protein Mass, dunno if you have on the USA.
Blooming is right, im to lose the weight, not gain dude. 10g might be few but its a lot more than what i used to eat my whole life, like for example last year i used to eat cereal bars (those have 3g protein max).
So what i wanted was a bar that had some more protein but at the same time not to be hypercaloric you know.
But anyways, how much protein you peeps think i should take total during the day?
Info: Im a mean endomorph, weight like 220lbs now, have like 22% bodyfat and just came back from sickness that totally stopped and screwed my diet and exercise for a whole week.

Xebsball
04-27-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
10 gms of protein and16 of carbs?? how manmy of hose are sugars....I wouldn't normally buy anything under 20-25 gms protein...and even then most of those would need to be sugar....unless I was in need of a serious carb hit...you're trying to lose weight though right???

low carb..repeat....low carb...high protein...high to me is either far above carb proportion or 20-40-50 gms...good serve...gm per kg of body weight + 10 ish...maybe 1/4 ish carb

Dunno how much of the 16 is sugar or is what, but it says its got Frutosis, Malo Dextrine, Sorbitol, etc. but doesnt say how much of each or whatever.
but arent all carbs sugars by definition?