PDA

View Full Version : good throw

Suntzu
04-22-2004, 11:07 AM
http://belching.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bennythejet.gif

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 11:15 AM
The Video Compilation Thread Reloaded thread called....

Shaolinlueb
04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
yeah they want thier post back.:o :D

Ford Prefect
04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
****. Good stuff. I didn't know Benny did Judo. Guess a lot of old timers cross-trained like that.

Suntzu
04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
i'm not reading that long a$$ thread......... kiss my a$$..... :mad:

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
****. Good stuff. I didn't know Benny did Judo. Guess a lot of old timers cross-trained like that. Is a shoulder throw necessarily a Judo move, or does the way he slams on top of him probably indicate it was Judo?

Water Dragon
04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Congratulations!

I didn't know that it was possible to give a thread about that vid clip the Ghey, but you ****s figured out a way to do it.

Suntzu
04-22-2004, 11:35 AM
:D

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
Congratulations!

I didn't know that it was possible to give a thread about that vid clip the Ghey, but you ****s figured out a way to do it.
I was just asking a question about the move.

Water Dragon
04-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller

I was just asking a question about the move.

Well, now you know what happens when you act like a ***** all the time. People will always assume you are just being a *****, even when you're not.

Musicalkatachmp
04-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Rock remember when I used that combo in kuoshu? Heel kick followed up by a same side hook/straight whatever you wanna call it...never seen a hip throw like that though...

ShaolinTiger00
04-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Benny was a bb judoka.

The Throw is harai goshi, a hip throw that is assisted by the reaping leg.

Notice his great over/under to lift uke.

Water Dragon
04-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Why do you throw the kick with the heel MKC?

I love to throw a teep-jab-cross combo.

Suntzu
04-22-2004, 12:18 PM
it's like leading witht the heel on a sidekick..... more of a power shot that way...... just an educated guess........

MKC - E has a goooood combo for u .... can't wait for you to see it....:D

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
Well, now you know what happens when you act like a ***** all the time. People will always assume you are just being a *****, even when you're not. ST00 understands I'm mostly ignorant of Judo, MT, and general MMA and doesn't get his panties in a wad when I ask a question. Unlike other people here, he seems to be able to take as much **** as he gives. It's all good.

BTW, what's a teep? The heel kick he leads with?

backbreaker
04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
I think you're talking about a Muay thai kick. At the gym I train at they call it puuuuuush kick. You bring your knee staight upwards to your chest our abdoment, then push the kick out forwards like a push movement, and you lean your back, backwards. Can knock an opponent down when timed correctly

Suntzu
04-22-2004, 12:46 PM
or you can knock yourself down with it :(

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by backbreaker
I think you're talking about a Muay thai kick. At the gym I train at they call it puuuuuush kick. You bring your knee staight upwards to your chest our abdoment, then push the kick out forwards like a push movement, and you lean your back, backwards. Can knock an opponent down when timed correctly Why do you lean back? To stay out of range?

Water Dragon
04-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Suntzu
or you can knock yourself down with it :(

which is why one should train it on a tree vs. a bag.

backbreaker
04-22-2004, 12:49 PM
I like that video, my Muay Thai kru started out fighting in kickboxing training out of the Jet center or whatever it's called

backbreaker
04-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Being tense will get you knocked down.

backbreaker
04-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Masterkiller- that's exactly what I was told leaning back is for. And the way I learned it anyways, you throw the arm of the same side you are kicking with, behind the hip, and bring the other hand to the chin, same as some roundhouse shin kicks. I have also learned you can put both hands at ears like answering a telephone while you kick out the back leg, if the opponents throws a head high kick. There is a drill I did afew times, where 2 people are on the same bag on differet sides. As one person throws a high kick, the other tries to go low as he does it

Suntzu
04-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Masterkiller- that's exactly what I was told leaning back is for also a lil more reach....
which is why one should train it on a tree vs. a bag. sadly my yard has lil Charlie Brown trees...... mybe my neighbor wont shot me if i sneak in his yard and kick his....
Being tense will get you knocked down. dude stepped in on me.... one leg rooted vs 2.... ain't hard to tell.....

MasterKiller
04-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Masterkiller- that's exactly what I was told leaning back is for Interesting. I use that same kick A LOT, mainly because my hip flexibility prevents me from throwing a round-house or side-kick with a lot of power; but, we keep our back straight and our weight over the leg to maintain balance, and hands up to block the counter.

kungfu cowboy
04-22-2004, 04:20 PM
The "lean back" adds most of power to the kick. Getting out of range is incidental. It's a short, powerful thrusting mechanical advantage type thing.

SevenStar
04-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Masterkiller- that's exactly what I was told leaning back is for. And the way I learned it anyways, you throw the arm of the same side you are kicking with, behind the hip, and bring the other hand to the chin, same as some roundhouse shin kicks. I have also learned you can put both hands at ears like answering a telephone while you kick out the back leg, if the opponents throws a head high kick. There is a drill I did afew times, where 2 people are on the same bag on differet sides. As one person throws a high kick, the other tries to go low as he does it

The hip does two other things also - adds rach and power. We also do it for long knees and skip knees.

FatherDog
04-22-2004, 09:54 PM
It's not so much leaning back as it is thrusting the hips forward.

Musicalkatachmp
04-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Why do you throw the kick with the heel MKC?

To tell the truth, I'm not really sure, because it wasn't really a combo I had practiced or planned on using, it just came out of me one day...but I think I use the heel kick b/c it can close the gap quickly, i.e. I skip forward when I do it...I guess I could use other kicks, the heel kick just came more naturally to me.