PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan

bamboo_ leaf
04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
For about 3 weeks in May I will be working in Taiwan,
city of hsin-chu

Any one out in that I area I would be happy to meet with.

bamboo_ leaf
05-02-2004, 11:50 PM
for those in tainan, taiwan. i will be out your way sometime next week. might be nice to meet if both have time ;)

Hau Tien
05-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by bamboo_ leaf
For about 3 weeks in May I will be working in Taiwan,
city of hsin-chu

Any one out in that I area I would be happy to meet with.

I'm not there now, but I liked Hsinchu a lot when I was there for a while a couple years ago.

Be sure to check out the bakery in the basement of the big mall in Hsinchu (Sogo, I believe) if you get homesick for good bread... best raisin bread I've tasted in a long time! They also have real cheese, which is hard to come by in the smaller cities ;)

Tainan Mantis
05-24-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm in Tainan.
BTW, I opened a bakery here in Tainan caled Aprilita.
They have a few loaves of good bread.

SPJ
05-24-2004, 07:27 PM
I moved to US in the late 80's. I spent sometime in Europe, too.

I missed Dan Dan (Da Ar) Mien from Tainan.

Of course, all the college mates from Tainan.

It has been 20 years away from home.

Due to the history, early Chinese settlers and the Dutch all lived in Tainan. A lot of history---.

:(

bamboo_ leaf
05-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I am back in the US now. the trip was good, I met and pushed with some very friendly skilled people training in taiji.

Any one traveling to Taiwan interested in CMC taiji, pm or e-mail for info.

Tainan Mantis
05-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Bamboo,
I thought you were coming down to Tainan.
What happened?

bamboo_ leaf
05-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Was there for about a week and a couple of days, stayed at the Taylandis hotel nice place.

There is a big park near there that I used to go out to early in the mornings and late evenings to practice in. very nice place a little hot and muggy for me but that’s Taiwan this time of yr.;)

Did get a chance to push and meet a couple of people there. My Chinese is very basic and their eng was just as basic, they seemed to appreciate my taiji work. It was fun and intersting watching and meeting them.

Sorry I missed you, maybe next time we can hook up.

hlin
06-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Missed Tainan food.
The eel noodles one of my favorite.
Not to mention ground pork meat noodles cook in soy garlic topped with cilantro.
Also, translated to salty rice or salty porridge. Basic fresh Tainan seafood all thrown together in porridge. Man, I'm hungry.

bamboo_ leaf
06-07-2004, 05:38 PM
The experience there was really nice, I met some very skilled taiji people and saw the art practiced by many for all the reasons that one could think of.

The thing that I really enjoyed about what I saw was the inner quietness of their movements, and the humbleness in which they pursued their practices. They know what they know and understand what they do not.

a little hot and muggy for the leaf but a very nice place to visit ;)

SPJ
06-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Man! Did somebody mention noodles?

I am salivating or drooling already.

Being one of the oldest or first city or capital in Taiwan for hundreds of years, there are a lot of culture stuff, too.

The capital was moved to Taipei/Dua Dew Dian in Qing takeover.

Ming's General Cheng Chen Kung fighting the Dutch and the Qing. This is one of the best story for me. I also heard a lot of legends.

---

Tainan has many of my favorite foods.