PDA

View Full Version : martial joe tell us these stories about tsui sheung tin and the tai chi master

Troy
05-05-2001, 11:38 AM
why you holding back , come on tell us

-The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war-

Martial Joe
05-05-2001, 07:59 PM
Hey guys,Ok well a Tai Chi guy came in one day at tsui sheung tins school an chalanged him becuse he heard tsui was realy good.Well Tsui wouldnt fiht him and the guy finaly just atacked him.He did not hit the man he just controled him.Wih having his arms out just using them in circles.He was doing that thing from the lastpart of chum kui when your your hnds are up and your legs are together and then you do the kick to the side.Well he had his armsin that position.Well anyway the guy couldnt touch Tsui and he stopped.He thought of what he would do next and ofcorse te ame thing append.The the guy told tsui that he had a tecnique that couldnt be stopped.Again it failed.And the guy walked out mad.

There was another one about a karate master and him when Basicaly te sam thoing happend but tsui put his hanon the guy where ever he could hae hi him.The guy was amasedand mad.And also left.

And i think there was one when he punched throgh a brick wall or something but i have noidea if this realy happend.And o wait there was also another one(what a guy a?)...
...Well he was walking down the street at night and this man came up behind him and went to hit him wit a pipe.Tsui turned around and hit him in the stomach right away.And the man was nocked out by getting hit in the stomach.I also dont know if this is true.But these are the stories that my sifu said he heard from his freind Marty Anderson who was Tsui Sheung Tins first white student.

Well there you go,guys...

Joe Kavey

Martial Joe
05-05-2001, 08:01 PM
There may be some letters missing because i typed this at my freinds house and his key board is messed up...

Martial Joe
05-07-2001, 01:36 AM
Enjoy...

handsome
05-07-2001, 03:22 AM
TST was a pa-kwa student under the famouse master Fu Zhen-Song( aka one of five northern tiger masters in China )before Yip Man, therefore , TST also knows internal art besides wing chun... during TST 's trip to Chris Chan school along with WSL back in late 80s, they both met another well known Tai Chi and Pa-Kwa master Chu Kim-Ho ( a good friend of Chris Chan )...TST and Chu Kim-ho are both from Fu Zhen-Song's WU-Tang kung fu lineage.

On another note, TST knows Dragon style Pa-Kwa boxing , Currently, Chu Kim-Ho is the highest ranking of Dragon style Pa-Kwa boxing in USA. Chu's sons are kung fu master in Califoria, one of his son is Garrett Gee, who's also a famouse wing chun teacher--i've learned that from BoB, thanks for all the stories and history...i 'll be back in Califoria soon ... see you guys .

Besides TST , one of the YKS wing chun master ,his name is Gwok won-Ping also from the same line with TST, Chu Kim-Ho under Fu's kung fu lineage. just my 2 cents

S.Teebas
05-07-2001, 04:07 AM
Handsome,

Where did you hear about Tsui knowing Dragon boxing pa-kwa?? i thought he learnt some tai-chi but was unaware of this additional knowledge. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with Leung Sheung who was famed as a dragon style practitioner before changing to wing chun??? i could be wrong but i am curious as to where you heard this story?

handsome
05-07-2001, 04:17 AM
I'm pretty sure about that, TST was Fu Zhen-Song's very early student,at least back in 40-50, at that time, Fu was famous for his Dragon's stye pa-kwa boxing, not yet for his Fu's tai chi till later years. i learned that from a good friend of mine, who's also an expert in WU-Tang kung fu. Also has a very strong connection with TST, Chu Kim-HO and Gwon Won-Ping... anyway, i will check with my friends and keep you update.

handsome
05-07-2001, 04:20 AM
Dragon style and dragon style Pa-Kua are two different kind of kung fu...you are confused :confused:

S.Teebas
05-07-2001, 04:34 AM
also... after a bit of looking around for Garrett Gee, who yaou said was TST's son.... i find it strange that he is of a totally different linage than his 'father'....Why would he go and learn off someone else if his father is...well...who he is!?!?

Here's his linage....not even yip man linage:
http://www.wingchunkuen.com/archives/systems/systems_hungfayee.shtml

...and yeah i am confused MR Handsome..please explain???

:confused:

Martial Joe
05-07-2001, 05:40 AM
From what I remeber TST learned Tai Chi untill he was 7?8? and then turned to wing chun and continude that till now.After a man learness wing chun and becomes some one with that skill.why would they do anyhing else?

handsome
05-07-2001, 07:16 AM
S.Teebas--You're right,TST ,Garrett Gee and Gwon Won-Ping--they're from different wing chun lineages. I have only second hand info right now, later I might be able to update what I know...
As for TST's son, I've no idea about TST's son.
I've read about Garrett and had met some of his students--yes, he's from a different line and he's in both Tai Chi and Wing Chun. So does TST and Gwon Won-Ping. What's a happy family!!!???LOL ... Do anyone ever know Sifu Patrick Au is also a Tai Chi expert besides his Yip Man's Wing Chun???

S.Teebas
05-07-2001, 10:47 AM
Spot on Martial Joe, as for 'Handsome'...man, you have no idea what you are talking about; so spare us all the bul....
quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Chu's sons are kung fu master in Califoria, one of his son is Garrett Gee, who's also a famouse wing chun teacher [/quote]

..then you go on to say:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As for TST's son, I've no idea about TST's son [/quote]

Only post someting if you know it's for real..and atleast be consistent with the crap!

Martial Joe
05-07-2001, 07:42 PM
Ouch he cought you handsome...

handsome
05-08-2001, 12:50 AM
S.teedas--OK, dude, you'd your fun on my expense, what I meant was that Garrett 's son of Chu Kim-Ho, not TST.( at least that's what I read about Garrett's profile from his students ) Are you happy now??? LOL... give me a break ... i gonna back to work.

S.Teebas
05-08-2001, 02:19 AM
..im glad you don't work for me! ;)

Martial Joe
05-08-2001, 02:57 AM
Well back to the stories I wrote and away from this argument that S.Teebas totaly dominated in.Can you talk about the stories and what you think.I did type them for you guys after all.

durian
05-08-2001, 06:31 PM
Handsome, you drop a lot of names... I'm curious what your own Wing Chun background is?

handsome
05-09-2001, 02:24 AM
Durain--In my college years, Sifu Sydney Wong was my first WC teacher, before that I was exposed to main land China version WC from my stepbrother... In between my jobs...I've had two other sifus from WSL and Moy Yat lineage. Recently under some good friends and sifus I perfer TWC and Chris Chan's dynamic tension WC...

durian
05-09-2001, 05:52 PM
A nice, well rounded background, Handsome. What do you find preferable about your current line of study, TWC and dynamic tension?

handsome
05-09-2001, 11:58 PM
I'm still new to both, but I like TWC's footwork and Chris Chan's power--dynamic tension--cant get enough of it... ;)
And your line?