PDA

View Full Version : Two Yip Man clips

old jong
04-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Found this on the net!...Yip Man 1 (http://ultimatebattles.com/YipMan1.avi)
Yip Man 2 (http://ultimatebattles.com/YipMan2.avi)

kj
04-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Thanks, OJ.
- kj

TjD
04-24-2004, 11:22 AM
he's not looking too healthy in either of those, esp the pole form :(

even so, thanks :D sifu STILL hasn't gotten around to showing me that video. hehe

Phil Redmond
04-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks Michel,
Good to see clips of Si-Gung Yip Man.
Phil

kungfu cowboy
04-24-2004, 04:23 PM
I get this when I try to download:
Quicktime is missing software to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the quicktime server.

Is it because I'm using a Mac? I know my quicktme should hae the most recent updates! :(

TjD
04-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
I get this when I try to download:
Quicktime is missing software to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the quicktime server.

Is it because I'm using a Mac? I know my quicktme should hae the most recent updates! :(

the clip is probably encoded in xvid or divx (since it's an AVI). these arent typically supported in basic quicktime or windows media player. go do a search for the codecs and download them. i'm pretty sure they make them for macs.

kungfu cowboy
04-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Ahhh. I thought that the correct one was automatically used by downloading. Thanks!

Ng Mui
04-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Thank you Old Jong,
It was a pleasure to watch those.
Leaves me wishing to see more, though.

Chesben
04-26-2004, 10:55 PM
THANK YOU OLD JONG
still hope its a little bit longer video:D

kungfu cowboy
04-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Ok, I downloaded the codec, and it still doesn't work. I tried finding some way to import it into the dowloaded codec thingie, but apparently, this option is not offered. Codecs stink!:mad:

Atleastimnotyou
04-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
Ok, I downloaded the codec, and it still doesn't work. I tried finding some way to import it into the dowloaded codec thingie, but apparently, this option is not offered. Codecs stink!:mad:

Dont worry. the clips are dumb and really not worth all that effort.

kungfu cowboy
04-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Oh, that figures, thanks! (Isn't that blasphemy?:D )

old jong
04-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Yes!...These clips are very short.I wonder where is the rest of the film?...;)

FSY
04-27-2004, 02:19 PM
It looks like these were from the group of videos that were taken by Leung Ting about two weeks before GM Yip Man passed on. Leung Ting has some cool stuff of Yip Man in action on some of his marketed videos.

kungfu cowboy
04-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Some of my favorites from that tape are:

-Yip Man skydiving
-Yip Man as Chipendale's dancer
-Yip Man at the roller derby
-Yip Man doing the Macarena at some kegger

Nick Forrer
04-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I understand (and i might be wrong) that there are two videos of yip man extant- one was taken just before his death for posterity. This is the one in which you can catch a glimpse of ip ching doing a walk on because he was afraid his dad would collapse.

The other was taken by/ was in the possession of a member of the HK police force and was shot some time before. It is these films that the footage posted by OJ comes from. Leung ting either has these films or was able to make copies of the originals- hence their presence on the net. I think he may have got hold of them through Ip chun (they collaborated on a wooden dummy book together if memory serves).

Anyway this is what i have heard so if anyone who knows better would like to correct me feel free.

Ars vitae
04-30-2004, 03:15 AM
TjD if you still can't play back the AVI on your Mac, try downloading MPlayer for OSX.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/