PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Full-Contact

Losttrak
04-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Anyone interested in doing some full-contact action in Dallas? No tournament. Just some premium squabbage.

Face2Fist
04-26-2004, 05:57 AM
what kind of full contact fighting will it be?

Losttrak
04-26-2004, 06:00 AM
San Shou or standard kickboxing. If grappling is incorporated then we can go with fingerless gloves but safety first, of course.

Face2Fist
04-26-2004, 06:15 AM
when is it?

Losttrak
04-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Its informal and the time hasnt been set until I have a group of peeps set up that are willing to participate. Are you in the Dallas area?

MasterKiller
04-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I'd like to, but I can't get away much right now. If you get something set up with a definite date and time, let me know and I'll see if the wife will let me play while she spends some money at the Galleria or something.

Losttrak
04-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Cool. the Galleria isnt too far from where I am. =O Maybe some of the guys from the Cottrell school might want to come and mix it up. Ideally we could get some peeps from all over who are interested. I have plenty of gear and $600 worth of mats to land on if peeps are down.

Badger
04-26-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm Interested.
Is this going to be at a school,garage or what?

Meat Shake
04-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Ill play possibly. I need a time and date to see if I can get away from work. Ill talk to kirk and gene as well.

PHILBERT
04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Meh, get something set up and I'll see if I can make it. I'd need a few weeks in advance notice though so I can make arrangements from work.

Losttrak
04-27-2004, 12:01 AM
It will take place in the upstairs aerobics room in my apartment complex clubhouse. Management knows we fight up there so as long as we dont wreck the joint or kill people, it will be all good. I will be bringing waivers for those who participate to sign since one never knows... Anyways decide beforehand what sort of fighting you want to train in. If you want to just box, kickbox, San Shou, grappling, etc... just let it be known. No one will try to get you to compete in anything you arent comfortable with.

This wont take place for another couple of weeks since I am about to go out of town. Feel free to take this opportunity to get some cardio and conditioning in so you dont gas out too early.

BTW I want to get a feel for the size of guys we have here. What are your specs?

MasterKiller
04-27-2004, 07:54 AM
6'0, 178 lbs

Meat Shake
04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
6' 165

PHILBERT
04-27-2004, 04:06 PM
6'1" 175.

Losttrak
04-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Kewl. Looks like you guys will be good matches for each other.
I am 6'5" 240lb so there is a slight weight difference so if you guys are ok cool with it... I'd like to try mixing it up also. I wont be out to kill anyone. I will be focusing on tactics, cardio, and pacing rather than going all out. I am a relative neophyte to ground-fighting so it will be good to see Badger's Machado skills in action.

You guys wanna shoot more for weekends or weekdays? Morning/Afternoon/Night?

Meat Shake
04-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Im about to be picking up a 2nd job on the weekends... I still have 2 weeks I can take off during the week though... I can schedule a couple of days off during the week to go up there though.

I dont care that you're big. Makes everyone else seem smaller afterwards.

PHILBERT
04-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Well, what would *work best* for me then would be Monday or Wednesday afternoon because every other day of the week I work. I am new to ground fighting as well, so while I know some BJJ, I'll get owned by the people with more experience in it.

MasterKiller
04-28-2004, 06:22 AM
I live 2.5 hours away. Weekends only work for me, but don't hold out just because of me. I'll catch up with you guys sometime.

Judge Pen
04-28-2004, 06:27 AM
All the cool people live in Texas. I'd like to play too.

Badger
04-28-2004, 06:30 AM
5.7 160

Evenings work best for me. 9PM or later are perfect(My usual training time).

Losttrak
04-28-2004, 07:58 AM
So possibly a late wednesday meeting? Philbert could you make a 9 or 10 showing?

Losttrak
04-28-2004, 08:05 AM
JP, you could plan on a road trip. You are a lawyer right? Dallas chicks love lawyers. =D Always plenty of extracuricular activities around here.

BTW I will prolly be taping these sessions for more insight on whats working and whats not. I may even post them if everyone is cool with it.

Judge Pen
04-28-2004, 11:01 AM
I've got a couple of road trips planned. Maybe I could add another. Think you can get me tickets to the Redskins v. the Cowboys? :D

Losttrak
04-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Hehe I wish I could. I can't get any freebies now that I am out if the restaurant biz. Doh!

PHILBERT
04-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Sadly, I probably won't be able to make it through cause I am going to have to start working more hours if I am going to be able to go to school this summer and do Kung Fu AND then be able to attend Taiji Legacy. Going with what MK said, no need to hold up for me. I'll make it out sometime.

There is a guy on these boards though who does Crane style in Dallas. Not sure his name on the board, but his AOL name is Daoofjeetkunedo and he is online pretty frequently, more often in the evenings. Also Wufupaul is in Dallas, his AOL is pd75080, and he does some Baguazhang if I remember correctly. And finally, CDLee lives in the area, and he does Hsing-I, try e-mailing him. He might find a few classmates who might be interested. If you want, BTL and Sandman live in DFW and would probably be better than I am in the sparring.

I need a little more time to work on my ground game and standing game before I meet up. I know, no ego will be there, but I'd be submitted pretty fast in grappling.

Meat Shake
04-28-2004, 02:37 PM
The worse you get your ass kicked the faster you learn.
(So long as you have good instruction afterwards to supplement the ass kicking)

PHILBERT
04-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, that is true. However, an education is important. I have a Monday-Thursday class in June-July, and if I continue to do martial arts in the evening, it leaves me no time to go to work except weekends. So I have to save up some money to continue to go to martial arts classes and miss the hours at work. That, and I know I'm gonna find stuff at Taiji Legacy to buy (they do sell stuff there right? :p) Right now I have classes on Monday/Wednesday/Friday morning and on Tues/Thurs morning I got to work until 4 or 5. So right now my schedule is perfect.

MasterKiller
04-29-2004, 06:56 AM
That, and I know I'm gonna find stuff at Taiji Legacy to buy (they do sell stuff there right? ) Weapons, weapons, and more weapons. You can get good-weight swords for like $25, and you don't have to pay shipping! I usually come home with a car full of weapons for myself and the school.

j_m
06-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Mizong Man,

I'd like to hook up with you guys again soon too. Need to sand my rust off again :cool: I'll shoot you an e-mail as well. Hope others here can make it... helps keep things interesting ;)

jm