PDA

View Full Version : whey protein in the uk

Nick Forrer
04-26-2004, 08:54 AM
whey protein is currently half price at holland and barrett- at least it is in my local shop.

Now would be a good time to stock up

But not on chocolate- thats the flavour i take:mad: :p

scotty1
04-27-2004, 04:00 AM
That's where I've been getting mine from, hence why I've been asking questions on the other thread.

how much of it do you drink in a day? I have mine with milk, a scoop plus about half a pint (twice a day), and have to gulp it down because it smells and tastes like baby sick.

Nick Forrer
04-27-2004, 05:35 AM
I have three heaped spoons with about a pint and a half of skimmed milk

I take it after excercise/training which at the moment is pretty much every day (wing chun). I only do weights once a week though (see recent thread 'fat loss' for the kind of schedule I follow.)

Despite this im definately in the - if you eat a balanced diet consiting of fresh wholesome foods you dont really need supplements- camp.
Protein powder is just a convieniant way of shuttling a large amount of high q. protein in to your body post workout.

Now the secret to stop it tasting like sick is............... to mix in a low fat 'muller light' strawberry yogurt- i gurantee this will make it taste much much better and will remove the nasty after taste.

Dont put in bananas though- they make it taste acrid.

scotty1
04-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Yeah me too regarding the diet, but I figured out how much protein I was actually getting compared to the amount I should be as an, ahem, athlete, and it was well short. So, why not, as it's cheap.

If it wasn't cheap I probably wouldn't want to or afford to buy it to be honest.

Thank god for H&B.

seven *
04-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the free advertising dude! i work at h&b and the offer finishes 13th may.... in case your interested! what do you think to it then?

scotty1
04-29-2004, 02:03 AM
hi

if there's all this controversy about Soy, why don;t they do a whey?

and why isn't it flavoured?

so I should stock up before May 13th yeah?

Toby
04-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Vegans might not like whey.

scotty1
04-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Screw vegans.

j/k :D

Toby
04-29-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm of the same opinion. I've lived with vegans before and it really sucks in a shared house having to cook separate meals for them on your roster days. One guy was a full hippy. Didn't use deodorant or soap and we were working in the Oz goldfields == hot in summer :mad:.