PDA

View Full Version : Half-guard: is this a real move?

IronFist
04-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Alright so I was grappling with my friend tonight. I have a BASIC understanding of the main positions, except for half-guard, which I only know what it is but I don't know what to do once your there.

Alright, so he went to pass my guard, and I caught him half way and got him in half-guard. So he's on top and I'm on the bottom. We're both fumbling around like noobs cuz we don't know what to do, and then suddenly he gets both of his legs wrapped around my inside leg (I couldn't see cuz he was on top of me), and like kneebars me or something. It was like my knee was being bent sideways. I know a normal kneebar goes to hyperextend the knee (at least I think), but this was like his legs were forcing my knee to bend sideways inward. I was like "wtf?" and I had to tap out. I tried to tolerate the pain for a while, but it got worse and worse and I could feel the knee going sideways as well as the muscle along the outside of my right thigh starting to stretch (cuz the knee's bending inward).

So is that a real move? He didn't know how he did it, and we couldn't re-create it. But it certainly shocked me, and it surprised him as well.

And if anyone knows how that's done, please give instructions!

ShaolinTiger00
04-26-2004, 08:56 PM
So is that a real move?

yes.

Inside leg wraps around behind knee (little lower). Outside leg pinches uke's leg and crosses under the shin of your inside foot.

straighten legs and lift backwards. - hyperextend knee.

most of the time you can just straighten out your leg and he'll abandon the leg and you can pass, but if you want to be a ****, the option is there..

blooming lotus
04-27-2004, 01:27 AM
where exactly did he have you and what was the pain???

scotty1
04-27-2004, 01:55 AM
"We're both fumbling around like noobs cuz we don't know what to do"

someone needs to have a "chat" with you mate. :)

The Willow Sword
04-27-2004, 02:46 AM
was there a cigarette afterwards and gentle soothing pillow talk?:p :p :p

IronFist
04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Seriously.

blooming lotus
04-27-2004, 05:15 PM
I think you guys may have accidentially hit some dimmak pints...hence the question, where exactly , andwhatdid you feel??

SevenStar
04-27-2004, 05:34 PM
bjj locks have dim mak roots?

blooming lotus
04-27-2004, 06:36 PM
sue..dim mak pointsare through-out your body ....maybe during several arts you may accidentidally hit some of these points......

Chang Style Novice
04-27-2004, 08:11 PM
sweet zombie jesus

(hangs head, cries)

Meat Shake
04-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Zombie jesus is my new best friend.