PDA

View Full Version : New PR today...

Ford Prefect
04-27-2004, 06:34 AM
So I'm not able to work out at home since I'm in the middle of a move and my place is all messed up. I just decided to do BB and power work this week. Today was leg day.

I blew through my old DL PR by 20 lbs and I still had another 10 lbs in me I think. That's not even the crazy part. The crazy part is that I did this only after I had done 5x5 supersets of full squats and goodmornings. Not too shabby.

This past month or so, I've mostly been doing bodyweight stuff with KB's and CB's mixed in. I dunno if the jump came from giving my body a break from the weights or some neuro improvements from the KB work.

FooFighter
04-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Good Job, Ford.

Toby
04-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
The crazy part is that I did this only after I had done 5x5 supersets of full squats and goodmornings.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'd be ready to collapse after that alone. I even suck at my PTP 2nd sets. E.g. this morning I did just over 300lb for my 1st set, then only 275lb for the 2nd, but I struggled to maintain my core on rep 4 of the 2nd set.

Nice work.

IronFist
04-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
The crazy part is that I did this only after I had done 5x5 supersets of full squats and goodmornings. Not too shabby.

I believe you. One time after not DL'ing for a few months, I pulled my old 1RM AFTER doing a bunch of sets of squats! Granted, the sets of squats were all 5 reps or less (I think I was doing 10 sets of 5 back then), but still.

Ford Prefect
04-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Haha! The good ol' bear routine. ;) I'm definately feeling it today though. My hamstrings are shot.