PDA

View Full Version : instructor information - any good?

Kaitain(UK)
04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
http://www.sanshu.co.uk/instructor.htm

Moving to a new area on Friday and this guy is just around the corner - just wondering if anyone had heard of him? All information gratefully accepted :)

Cheers

Paul

SPJ
05-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Chen Zheng Lei is a very good teacher. He is listed in among top 10 Chinese martial artists in China. He studied Chen's Tai Ji since young with uncles.

Shaolin Gong Fu and Ruo Quan are good subjects to study. Ruo Quan consists of Luohan 13 Shi's. It is good for Qi Gong exercise and defense and counterattack.

You are very lucky.

Learn from the best.

I am not familiar with the Shaolin linages. But I think they are northern Song Shan Shaolin.

Best of luck.

Kaitain(UK)
05-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Just an update for you - went and trained last week and I was very impressed with him, it's lovely to see movement like that. It's quite tough going because I can't speak his language and his English isn't great (better than my Chinese though:))

Did a lot of silk-reeling exercises at the start which were good - very settling I found. My thighs told me all about it the next few days though - it's a very good way to work the root.

Learned a bit of the form as well but it's pretty different from the yang style I know - it feels different and is taking some getting used to...

All in all very enjoyable though....