PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction

Aaron Little
04-27-2004, 09:46 AM
This is my first post so I wanted to give an introduction.

My name is Aaron Little and I own Performance Edge Martial Arts (http://www.TruthinCombat.com) in Lexington KY. I am also the lead H2H instructor for a firearms school in TN called Tactical Response Inc (http://www.WarriorMindset.com). In addition to teaching I also own a video production business called Performance Edge Productions (http://Video.TruthinCombat.com)

I have been training for about 22 years in several different things. Some of it good and some of it not so good. Now I am pretty much a Boxing/Muay Thai, Wrestling, and BJJ guy.

I had been posting at the Mullins Shaolin Do forum until it was shut down. I missed the debate so I started up my own forum (Performance Edge Forums (http://www.truthincombat.com/forum)). The forum has only been up a few days so there are not many posts. One of my posters recommended that I check this one out as well so here I am.

Pork Chop
04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
welcome
i'm a sanshou donkey
so named for my patented donkey punch
i'm still awaiting appointment to the donkey punch allstars
to survive here remember one thing:
"don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive"

MasterKiller
04-27-2004, 10:14 AM
You have some mean looking fighters there, coach.

SevenStar
04-27-2004, 10:43 AM
welcome to kfm.

red5angel
04-27-2004, 11:22 AM
my prediction is Aaron will soon be embroiled deep in the MMA vs TMA fight that is ongoing, and has come here to show the masses what real fighting is all about.

but your welcome none the less ;)

Radhnoti
04-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Glad you transferred over Aaron, you have lots to contribute. I'll be checking out your forums momentarily.

CaptinPickAxe
04-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Welcome. I'm sure you'll have much information to offer.

YinYangDagger
04-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Aaron - You guys ever done any business with John Kary, Robert Kasper, or Kelly McCann?

Judge Pen
04-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
my prediction is Aaron will soon be embroiled deep in the MMA vs TMA fight that is ongoing, and has come here to show the masses what real fighting is all about.

but your welcome none the less ;)

Aaron has some great perspectives; for a MMA guy he's not too bad! :D

Kristoffer
04-27-2004, 01:57 PM
welcome onboard
please remove your shoes

Aaron Little
04-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Thank you all for the welcome.

MastKiller said:
You have some mean looking fighters there, coach
Thank you:cool:

Red5angel said:
Thanks for the welcome but you will find that I care very little for those types of arguments.

YinYangDagger,
I am familiar with the gentleman you mentioned but I have not worked with any of them. I would be interested in working with Kelly McCann sometime though.

Kristoffer….Shoes are for sissies:D

red5angel
04-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the welcome but you will find that I care very little for those types of arguments.

good to hear.

Starchaser107
04-28-2004, 09:05 AM
bless
welcome.
looks like everybody is all about the training there, as mk said.

wonder if there are any "hobbyists" that are involved in these types of martial arts?

peace.

YinYangDagger
04-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Aaron - All the lot I just mentioned are tough cookies. We all used to be a part of the GHCA back in the day. Most of us have went on our own path.

Yeah, Kelly is the real-deal operator, that's for sure. I underwent his Combat Pistol training before he even set up the Crucible. In order to pass we had to draw, identify, and get two shots off in the kill zone in 2 seconds with a Glock 19. When I first heard it, I thought it was impossible. But it's not :D

What's your knife curriculum like? I learned most of the Kni-Com methods from Bob Kasper.

Aaron Little
04-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Starchaser107 said:
wonder if there are any "hobbyists" that are involved in these types of martial arts?
Most of those that train with me have no desire to ever step into a ring. They just enjoy training in an athletic way. I consider them all athletes but I guess "hobbyist" would certainly fit mostof them as well.

YinYangDagger,
I am headed out to teach a private but I will get back to your question later.

Aaron Little
04-29-2004, 07:47 AM
YinYangDagger,
Here is the course description for my Edged Weapons Class:

Practical Edged Weapons I

How to Fight Both With and Against an Edged Weapon

It does not matter how many angles of attack you can perform, how many fancy openings you can do, or how many different grips you know. If you cannot bring your knife into play under stress in the heat of battle then it does you no good. Likewise, all of the disarms in the world are useless if you cannot pull them off while someone is trying to stop you. In this two-day course you will learn how to use an edged weapon as both your primary weapon and as a means to get you to your primary weapon. You will learn to use empty hand skills to transition to your knife and knife skills to transition to your firearm. You will learn to defend yourself against a close quarter edged weapon attack and to use situational awareness to prevent the attack from ever happening in the first place. This is not a theory-based class. You will test what you learn against a resisting opponent using Alive Force on Force Training Drills. At the end of the course you will know what works for you, not just what we tell you will work.

Training Will Include:

Mindset

Threat Recognition

Defending Against the Ambush

Defeating the Draw

Control Positions

Functional Disarms

Rage Attacks

Empty Hand to Weapon Transition

Scenario Training

Stress Training

Force on Force Training

And More…

YinYangDagger
04-29-2004, 09:54 AM
AL - sounds good to me...

NYerRoman
04-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Welcome.
I'm NYerRoman. I'm Rob and live in Rome, but I'm from NYC. Study Hung Gar at the moment. Been studying for years other forms.
Any questions, any political advice..just ask.

Aaron Little
04-30-2004, 09:42 AM
NYerRoman,

Thank you.

Radhnoti
04-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Aaron, I signed up for your forum...but I suspect that the "authentication e-mail" was sent to my "Bulk Mail" folder and subsequently purged. Anyway to get that resent? Or will I need to find a new username?

Thanks.

Aaron Little
04-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Radhnoti,
You should be good to go now.

Knifefighter
04-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Aaron,
Are you familiar with the Red Zone, baseball grips, 2-on-one grips, and other related unarmed knife defenses being done these days? If so, what is your take on these approaches?

Xebsball
04-30-2004, 06:32 PM
might i add my introduction too?

"body and soul
im a freak
im a freak"

hey but mostly right now
im just drunk

you ****ers
hahha **** you *****es

Aaron Little
04-30-2004, 11:50 PM
First I should say that Jerry Wetzel, the originator of the Red Zone program, is a very good friend of mine.

With that being said Jerry’s work has had a profound effect on my approach to empty hand vs. edged weapons training. The baseball bat grip, the two on one, and the other aspects of the program work better for me than any other method I have personally trained with. The material stands up well when tested with/against a resisting opponent.

Toby
05-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
"body and soul
im a freak
im a freak"

Not many will get that reference Xebs. Nice one.

Radhnoti
05-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks for setting that up for me Aaron.

Knifefighter
05-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Aaron,
What have been your best results in terms of how to get the grips in the first place?

Aaron Little
05-01-2004, 10:46 PM
KnifeFighter,
The term we use for that is a “pick up”. There are three that I use/teach. I am not sure that I can really give it justice in this format. Let me think about it and I will get back with you.

Have you seen the Red Zone Vol. 1? I shot and edited the video for Vol. 2 for Jerry and it should be out soon.