PDA

View Full Version : Combine all arts to one great art

unlawfulbreak
04-28-2004, 12:05 PM
As martial artists we all know that sticking to more than one martial art is not good, but we have to expand our horizons to other arts like boxing, wing chun, shoalin, tai chi, and ect. Just think what would it be like if we combined all the arts of the world into one art. Would it be good or bad? Would there be more branches to expand that one great combined martial to another? or would it sustain to that one great art? please tell me your views i would highly appreciate it
UNLAWFULBREAK

MatT3T4
04-28-2004, 12:17 PM
I have always been of the opinion that a well rounded study of different martial arts, makes a more well rounded martial artist.

Merryprankster
04-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Everybody is doing more or less the same thing. The problem is people get attached to a training method, one that usually doesn't involve sparring with each other, then spend years arguing about what is better.

Get a bunch of FIGHTERS in the same room with each other and amazingly, what they all do looks remarkably similar.

unlawfulbreak
04-28-2004, 01:27 PM
you are right but also all martial art styles have basically the same rules and laws and we do abide them well some of us. and then we get those who think that one thing is another but its just more complex and not simpler but maybe we can have that one great art or maybe we couldnt. UNLAWFULBREAK

Vash
04-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi kkm!

phantom
04-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I agree in learning many different styles to improve your overall game, but learning too many arts can also be counterproductice, because you will not be able to devote enough time to each to improve upon, or even maintain, your skill in each one.

unlawfulbreak
04-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Thats a very good point. But, im pretty sure you know what i meant by it, but i would be very amazing to have that happen to combine all arts into one. think of the power and the intensity that would create for one person. the speed and wits would match up against to any fighter that you would put against any style or denomination of style that others have created. To me it would be remarkable.
UNLAWFULBREAK

unlawfulbreak
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
my father always told me when you fight you better for fight for your life no matter what the circumstances are. Not only that he also told me you fight to kill not to hurt make an example out of that person that your fighting so nobody will mess with you. But i never really took that second rule to heart only the first rule. what im trying to say is that this past weekend i had to face a predicament on myself and an enemy which i dont know. for what he has said about me to my girl. i was waiting and willing for the second rule of my fathers to come in but in back of my mind my masters and senseii's words were true. only a man would face a man for a warrior's fight only a coward would talk behind a mans back, also he will not look into the mans eyes for which he has spoken of because he is a afraid. to me i would like to have no i would love to have redemption but im afraid then i will go against my teachers, friends, and brothers teachings. what should i do.
UNLAWFULBREAK

No_Know
05-04-2004, 11:23 AM
You fight this talker. Talker gets hurt. Your dad is happy. People cheer for you during, but look down on you for resorting to physical on a talker. Some congratulate you to your face but insult you when you are not around. You feel proud and get a slight reputation at being a bully. Your girlfriend feels you are a jerk for unnecessary violence or that you are great for standing up so she's not with a wimp.

Now people know they can reil you by unimportant talking about you (in some circles they talk about each other to keep their minds sharp and verbally strong--the civilized society fighting). So people who's only gift is to control others feast on your goju-goroku~have to defend your honor.

People say things. Some are fishing for information. Some for a reaction. I would think I could get you beat down by mumbling near you when you are with your girlfriend and out. I mumble, you act offended andall big and ask me to repeat to your face or stand down. My associate(s) take that que to maneuver beside/behind you. I taunt you some more and you with your bravado or upset thinking this is about you and your honor in the World's eyes do not notice (care about the flanking person(s). You attack I get hit, you get grabbed. me and the other(s) beat you down and humiliate you in public and in front of your girlfriend.

If she's a status girl she'll ask you to get him back or leave you. You don't need those types. They have their niceness but they are as leeches.

It is a drop in the water. Stop the ripples. Your life should be bigger than fisticuff in a bar/club. There's more than just the moment some moments.

What to do Now? What you should have been doing before. Living your life. Do something other than be bogged down by trivialities. And if you fight? Choose how. Verbal in social situations can be at least as rewarding as downing a worthy foe.

Practice for this kind of fighting. And do other than depend on others to define you~.

Some might think.

unlawfulbreak
05-04-2004, 01:02 PM
No_know
Thanks for your advice, i got the drift on what your saying but im not going to move on this so called man. i know that im a bigger person than that and im planning to keep my cool and leave the small things get behind me. not only that my girl is not like that so i know that she will not leave me. like you said there will always be people that will study on how i act. now im going to be a confusing mirage, let them think what they got but give something different. i dont want to be a bully i just want to stay a man and keep composure for myself and no else.
UNLAWFULBREAK

Ikken Hisatsu
05-08-2004, 04:18 AM
lollerskates. you guys are like, modern samurai!