PDA

View Full Version : hey southern shaolin people...

Gangsterfist
04-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Greetings:

I am currently in the works of writing a creative story that will involve some kung fu. I am looking for a bunch of information (myth, legend, whatever) about the southern shaolin temples, southern kung fu, etc. I do not need exact history becaues this is a creative writing, but at the same time I am keeping it realistic (no magic powers, or any dragon ball z type stuff). So I would like to keep some of the basic storyline somewhat historic.

The story is probably going to take place in the 1600s. I know (from wing chun) that a lot of southern systems history is debated and argued a bunch. This is not my intention of this thread. I just plain need information.

Things that currently perk my interests are as follows: The 5 elders, Pak Mei, the merging of some southern styles (such as choy lay fut did), the temples being burned and destroyed, southern white crane temple, etc.

Any additional information you wish to post is also glady accepted. Thanks in advance for anyone who contributes to this thread. Also, if you can post links to articles reguarding the history during this time period it would be greatly appreciated as well.

Be well,
GF

Shaolinlueb
04-29-2004, 06:34 AM
there seems to be a lot of southern shaolin hero's. the date im not too sure about. most of the hero's were around when the manchu's took over the han's. look at a lot of the old kung fu movies that have historical relevance.

Gangsterfist
04-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Hmm seems there was a deleted post here by wanderingmonk?

I don't really need all the heroes, just some events and all the legend jazz. That stuff I think is cool and I like learning about it. However, at the same time I recognize the fact that a lot of it is legend.

Thanks for the replies, I started writing the basic story out. I really hope this turns out to be a good idea I am still toying with it.

WanderingMonk
04-29-2004, 06:30 PM
yeah, I wrote a post and then I realize I was basically duplicating Shaolinlueb's post, so I delete it.