PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Gene

norther practitioner
04-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Nice Hair...

Lueb sent me the link, we had to do it man... had to.

Shaolinlueb
04-29-2004, 01:55 PM
suuure, get me involved :o :D :p :D

norther practitioner
04-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Wouldn't have it any other way.

red5angel
04-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I bet he's just standing too close to one of those static electric generators.

GeneChing
04-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Actually, any Chinese male knows about the problems with Chinese male hair. That's why I wear it long or bald. It's the in-between stages that get kinda funky (like now).

Where's that picture from exactly?

rubthebuddha
04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
my chinese roommate has those in the mornings. his girlfriend and i call it a chafro.

Shaolinlueb
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Actually, any Chinese male knows about the problems with Chinese male hair. That's why I wear it long or bald. It's the in-between stages that get kinda funky (like now).

Where's that picture from exactly?

cyberkwoon onasis's site.
http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/photo.html
scroll all the way to the right then down.

GeneChing
04-30-2004, 02:29 PM
That was taken around the 30th anniversary of Lam Kwoon - they made a video of that, in fact it was used in the intro. It must have been taken that day, probably after the demo, since I'm wearing a formal uniform. Onassis, Chet Braun and I did a three-man long-staff sparring set. That was a real fun set - a Hung set and they were both Hung guys, not to mention both being a lot bigger than me. They made me scramble to keep up. It was great fun tho - O and Chet were awesome training partners. Three man sparring sets are really fun, if you have the right partners.

norther practitioner
04-30-2004, 03:04 PM
I'll keep the avi for a few weeks as a tribute to Gene...

Plus I think it is funny as hell......:D

Shaolinlueb
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
you just wish you could grow the frow man.

norther practitioner
05-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Actually, I picked my hair out yesterday... the eurofro.

YinYangDagger
05-01-2004, 02:14 PM
This one time, I heard about this girl in band camp, she stuck her flute up her ehem... well anyway, some walked in on her, and she beat him to death with it....

:rolleyes: :o

Shaolinlueb
05-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Actually, I picked my hair out yesterday... the eurofro.

i could get mine froing if i want to. :D

Starchaser107
05-02-2004, 09:08 PM
originally posted by Gene
__________________________________________________ _

"they were both Hung guys, not to mention both being a lot bigger than me. They made me scramble to keep up. It was great fun"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

j/k

GeneChing
05-03-2004, 10:31 AM
...to qoute Foghorn Leghorn "I keep throwin' 'em, you keep missin' 'em"

Seriously, I'd fro if I could. I'd even dreadlock if I could. Actually, now, my big boss probably wouldn't let me. He has enough issues with my hair already. :mad:

Shaolinlueb
05-03-2004, 11:51 AM
...to qoute Foghorn Leghorn "I keep throwin' 'em, you keep missin' 'em"

Seriously, I'd fro if I could. I'd even dreadlock if I could. Actually, now, my big boss probably wouldn't let me. He has enough issues with my hair already. :mad:

:confused: i thought you were shaved head?

GeneChing
05-03-2004, 12:20 PM
My hair grows really fast. I've shaved a couple of times, but I let it gorw out in between.

So whaddya think? Dreadlocks next? Would that earn my face on more avatars? :p

Shaolinlueb
05-03-2004, 12:58 PM
My hair grows really fast. I've shaved a couple of times, but I let it gorw out in between.

So whaddya think? Dreadlocks next? Would that earn my face on more avatars? :p

corn rows man, corn rows.. :cool:

GeneChing
05-04-2004, 09:20 AM
When I was in Jamaica, locals pushed corn rows on the tourists. for a couple of bucks, they throw a braid and a bead - tight braids, nice beads. But after a few days in JA, they'd come slightly undone and look really natty, like fashion dread gone wrong. So I've always associated corn rows with an attempt to make nice tourist dreads - which seemed to me to be somewhat oxymoronic. Nuh, I and I cyan don no corn rows, mon.

Starchaser107
05-04-2004, 09:43 AM
originally posted by gene :

LOL,

what the heck...!!!

I truly am speechless.

sigh :o

:D hope u had fun anyways.

Shaolinlueb
05-04-2004, 11:07 AM
When I was in Jamaica, locals pushed corn rows on the tourists. for a couple of bucks, they throw a braid and a bead - tight braids, nice beads. But after a few days in JA, they'd come slightly undone and look really natty, like fashion dread gone wrong. So I've always associated corn rows with an attempt to make nice tourist dreads - which seemed to me to be somewhat oxymoronic. Nuh, I and I cyan don no corn rows, mon.

yes you can man. go to a hair dresser in the ghetto and she will do it the right way for you :cool:

rubthebuddha
05-04-2004, 11:25 AM
gene -- how are those rasta eyeballs doin?

GeneChing
05-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Funny thing, I went to Jamaica for the Reggae Festivals in '96 right after I came back from Shaolin. I wanted to be the first person to bring Reggae to Shaolin, but by '96, someone beat me to the punch. It was kind of dicey, because you're not supposed to travel in Jamaica after being in Asia for three months or something like that - a fact that no travel person had warned me about. When I deboraded, there were these big warning signs everywhere. Fortunately, the cutsoms people didn't read my passport too carefully, or I could have been quarantined.