PDA

View Full Version : Hey MMA'ers

YinYangDagger
04-29-2004, 09:39 PM
trained in any of these? :D

http://user.chollian.net/~estudiar/wrestle/misc/finish.htm

SevenStar
04-30-2004, 05:16 AM
Actually, yeah. Some of those are legit techniques that were modified for pro wrestling. The chicken wing, german suplex, crossface, bear hug and rear naked choke are a few examples.

MasterKiller
04-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Nothing beats the Freebird's Oriental Spike. Except, maybe, the Von Erich's Iron Claw.

Losttrak
04-30-2004, 07:03 AM
The hardest thing about the Iron Claw has to be the chafe of the ketchup packet in your grapeholders (speedos). Those Heinz packets have little serrated edges. OUCH. :D

Face2Fist
04-30-2004, 08:25 AM
i think the toughest technique i ever did was the invader's heart punch

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 09:10 AM
MK - Spoken like a true old-school wrestling fan :D

I always liked the green mist technique from the Great Kabuki

ShaolinTiger00
04-30-2004, 09:23 AM
oh man! those were the days!

When I was a little guy, my father & I went on a trip but he wouldn't tell me where we were going..

Turned out we drove half an hour to an Italian restaurant to have dinner with some of his freinds.

Bruno Sammartino was sitting at the table! I was awestuck. I got to sit next to him and he talked to me thru the whole dinner. He was the coolest. The guy was HUGE and I remember the fork looked ridiculously small in his hands. He was so cool.. I think I spent the next year giving every stuffed animal a headlock.. and a back breaker.

SevenStar
04-30-2004, 09:37 AM
The camel clutch owns you all...

Another BIG dude was Mabel. I met him and a few other wwf guys when I was younger.

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Cool stories. I thought I was the only wrestling kid out there. Anyone I talk to about it is like "What??? I didn't watch wrasslin' when I was growing up". What a loss. The characters and action was a lot better back in the day. The Von Erichs, Kabuki, Andre the Giant (I actually met him), Dusty Rhodes, **** Murdoch, and my all-time favorite, The Masked Superstar.

Speaking of the Masked Superstar, anyone ever try the Cobra Hold? That sh!t works!

MasterKiller
04-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Kamala, The Ugandan Giant, was the Bob Sapp of my youth.

ShaolinTiger00
04-30-2004, 09:50 AM
anyone ever try the Cobra Hold? That sh!t works!

YYD has just flipped the correct over into a boston crab and will finish it off with a fiqure 4 leg lock.

(btw actually saw a kid's ankle get broken from goofing around doing a figure 4)

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Yeah, Kamala was cool, I remember the big story when he was first brought into wrasslin' by Jimmy Hart.

I had a cousin that used to put me in the Figure 4, yep, hurts like he!!

Would like to see a finish someday in Pride or UFC with the Cobra LOL.

rubthebuddha
04-30-2004, 10:00 AM
jimmy snuka 0wns everyone, and he does it from the air.

unless your jim neidhart. that guy's goatee could scare the steroids right out of you.

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 10:03 AM
yeah, The Anvil was a strong guy

and the Superfly could fly

SevenStar
04-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Kamala, The Ugandan Giant, was the Bob Sapp of my youth.

He was a librarian for a while here in my city, from what I hear.

SevenStar
04-30-2004, 11:00 AM
triple h wrestled here for a long time, before he made it to the wwf. He was a lot smaller back then, and wrestled under the name hunter hearst helmsley - the hhh abbreviation came when he hit the wwf.

I've met jerry lawler before too.

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 11:10 AM
yeah, that Triple H is one buff mofo now

Face2Fist
04-30-2004, 12:10 PM
hows this for old skool MIL MASCARAS!!!

ShaolinTiger00
04-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Where is the love for George "the animal" Steele?

In a few years, I'll be that hairy and charismatic..

:D

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Much love for Mil Mascaras - did you know he even came out in some low budget Mexican movies back in the day? They sell them here at our Wal Mart LOL. Of course I am in San Antonio :D

Gotta love The Animal - actually he was some sort of English professor or something in "real life", right?

ShaolinTiger00
04-30-2004, 12:43 PM
he was a gym coach and had a masters degree according to his official website.

btw: Abdula the Butcher used to scare me to death!!!

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 12:54 PM
It's time to face your fears, ST

go to Atlanta, Georgia, and look up Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs and Chinese Food - owned and operated by Abdullah

http://www.surfari.net/~m-t-head/wrest.htm

Pork Chop
04-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
Where is the love for George "the animal" Steele?

In a few years, I'll be that hairy and charismatic..

:D

A few years? :p :D

I was a fan of Dusty Rhodes and Lex Luger when they were fighting the 4 horsemen back in the day.
As a kid I remember rootin for the von erichs, Junkyard Dog, Greg Gagne, Hennig before he became "mr perfect", jake the snake, and Paul Orndorf.
Kinda used to mark out for the crow version of sting too; like when he didn't talk and just jumped in to beat people up with a baseball bat.

Of course now that i'm into boxing/kickboxing/sanshou/mma/etc I can't stomach that stuff and it makes me mad that most video stores have every Wrestlemania ever, but I can't find a single copy of a classic boxing match or the latest ppv event.

SevenStar
04-30-2004, 01:57 PM
I was a for horseman fan. I'm surpricsed nobody's mentioned randy savage or ultimate warrior yet...

who remembers wendy richter? I've trained with "jackie" the chick that used to be in the wwf. she wrestled here under the name "Ms. Texas". Back then, we worked out at the same gym.

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 02:30 PM
To tell you the truth, I can't stand the newer style (ie WWE) wrestling myself.

Back in the day, the characters were super-cool, and the wrestling was more entertaining. Fueds like the Von Erichs vs. Kabuki, the Four Horsemen stuff, Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race, all that stuff was pure entertaining :D

It's relatively crap now. All the guys are pretty boys, or rappers, or wannabe thugs.

On the flip side I do like Kurt Angle (the real deal) and Triple H. I just like HHH 'cause he's so sneaky and mean LOL.

Hey 7*, as far as the Ultimate Warrior goes, he's still out there. He has a website that talks a lot about weight training, nutrition, etc.

old jong
04-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Mad Dog Vachon, The Rougeau brothers, Eddy Creatchman,Killer Kowalsky, Edouard Carpentier,The great Antonio,The Leduc brothers,Gino Brito ,Dino Bravo, Jacques Rougeau jr. And others...

YinYangDagger
04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
OJ - you're going WAY back. Heck, some of the wrestling was actually real back in the day.

As far as Canada goes, one of the biggest family icons come from your way: the Hart's.

Golden Arms
04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
How can this thread have so many posts, and not have mention of The Bushwackers, Demolition, British Bulldogs, Road Warriors, and who could forget The Genius, or G.L.O.W. Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling!

ShaolinTiger00
04-30-2004, 05:04 PM
G.L.O.W. Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling!

I used to stay up to 2 or 3 am to watch that show..

old jong
04-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by YinYangDagger
OJ - you're going WAY back. Heck, some of the wrestling was actually real back in the day.

As far as Canada goes, one of the biggest family icons come from your way: the Hart's.

Those where the guys I watched on TV and at local Montreal arenas when I was a kid!...:rolleyes: (Times flies!)The Hart's where not really that popular or well known in Quebec at that times.

I remember how much Don Leo Jonathan,Wild Bull Kurry and Andre the giant (Known as Geant Ferré in Quebec)where popular in those days.;) I saw all those guys live!:cool:

IronFist
05-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
triple h wrestled here for a long time, before he made it to the wwf. He was a lot smaller back then, and wrestled under the name hunter hearst helmsley - the hhh abbreviation came when he hit the wwf.

I've met jerry lawler before too.

Is that where it came from? I thought he was named after HH Holmes, that serial killer who had the castle/hotel in Chicago(?) where he rented rooms to people and then killed them. Oh man he was nasty... quick lime pits, live disections, gas chambers in the bedrooms with peep holes above so he could watch his guests die, etc. They tore down the castle/hotel, tho. Actually, he built it with lots of secret passages and maze-like hallways so that if someone tried to escape they'd get lost. He routinely hired and fired builders and archetects throughout the building of it so that no one except for him would know exactly what the structure was like. Do a google search if you want to find out more. Anyway, he was a real bad guy, so I thought that's who Triple H named himself after.

SevenStar
05-02-2004, 04:12 AM
Nah, that's not who he's named after. That is interesting though - I'm gonna look him up.