PDA

View Full Version : where can I get these books?

mickey
05-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone know where I can get these books?:

1- Iron Legs and Power Kicks

2- Fleximetrics

mickey

Shaolinlueb
05-01-2004, 09:43 PM
you check

www.amazon.com
www.wle.com
www.ebay.com
??

cerebus
05-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Also:
www.bookfinder.com
www.abebooks.com
www.alibris.com
(for used books)

mickey
05-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Thank you for your suggestions.

mickey

mickey
10-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Greetings,

I found the book on fleximetrics and, boy. am I peeved.

This book was advertised in a little square in IKF back in the day and featured a guy holding his leg straight up in a side kick position, a la Tae kwon Do. Well the book is not about that at all. It is about achieving the ELBOW TO TOE/CHIN TO TOE STRETCH!!!!! Hot Holy Moley!!!! I could throttle the guy for not selling it right. I did not buy the book back then because I already had the splits down. Mark Bow Sim's book, "Wushu Basic Training", did very little when it came to teaching the approaches to the chin to toe stretch she taught.

I am presently burnt to a darker shade of darkness.

mickey

Jimbo
10-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Greetings,

I found the book on fleximetrics and, boy. am I peeved.

This book was advertised in a little square in IKF back in the day and featured a guy holding his leg straight up in a side kick position, a la Tae kwon Do. Well the book is not about that at all. It is about achieving the ELBOW TO TOE/CHIN TO TOE STRETCH!!!!! Hot Holy Moley!!!! I could throttle the guy for not selling it right. I did not buy the book back then because I already had the splits down. Mark Bow Sim's book, "Wushu Basic Training", did very little when it came to teaching the approaches to the chin to toe stretch she taught.

I am presently burnt to a darker shade of darkness.

mickey

Mickey,
If you already have good flexibility, there's really no special approach to achieving the elbow or chin to toe stretches. As I'm sure you're aware, you simply have to keep your back as straight as possible, bend from the hips as opposed to the waist (so as not to 'shorten' your torso as you bend forward), and pull your toes back. I had achieved the chin to toe stretch in my 20s. But it's something that once you have it, you need to maintain it. I eventually got lazy and stopped doing the chin to toe stretch.

mickey
10-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Greetings Jimbo,

Thank you for the pointers.

mickey

mickey
10-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Greetings Jimbo,

Thank you for the pointers.

I got a glimpse of the benefits of that posture when I worked on one of the Shuai Chiao positions that YouKnowWho posted. The Shuai Chiao posture may offer more benefits.

mickey