PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the wc peeps go?

Fresh
05-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Catching up around here it looks like most of the real wc peeps have cleared out. Still plenty of talk about groundfighting, weight training, rastlin, and the usual zen vs. hfy arguments tho! :rolleyes: Maybe thats what drove most everyone else away? :(

Sooooooo........any wc lurkers still out there??????????? If so, hows your training going? Whatcha working on these days? Got any cool new stories from you sifu or in your travels?

Lets get back to some wc talkin! :D

Phenix
05-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Fresh
Catching up around here it looks like most of the real wc peeps have cleared out. Still plenty of talk about groundfighting, weight training, rastlin, and the usual zen vs. hfy arguments tho! :rolleyes: Maybe thats what drove most everyone else away? :(

Sooooooo........any wc lurkers still out there??????????? If so, hows your training going? Whatcha working on these days? Got any cool new stories from you sifu or in your travels?

Lets get back to some wc talkin! :D

What is a real WC pepes?

Buddhism mind training method is a critical component of WCK in the past. One can decide to like it or not but one cannot deny the past and claim an art without the mental training as WCK.

Jung or center or centering has lots to do with Buddhism mind method. and infact Jung was expereinced differently with different level of WCK attainment.

With only Myth and legend, it is just a literature study.
With only animal instict, only the strong physical and the fast will win there is no advance level martial art which using the silence to subdue the action.

so, There is no WC. if either a myth or pure animal instict believe being place as the ultimate, and avoiding the realm of mental understanding or breathing which link to the advance art. Even a today's top sport man/woman has to be trained in their mental and thier breath.

so, without a indepth description of reality in all domains--- mind, breathing, physical and their unity ( not philosophy), there is no indepth martial art system because the big muscle guy always win.

A real WC discussion? OK, the first question, what will you do to center, balance, or centering you body, breathing, and mind when you face a strong opponent. I am not talking about win or beat the other guy. I am just talking of can you ? is it any method you can use to center yourself in body, breathing, and mind.

If the centering cannot be achieved via one's training. One has already lost. How can one who cant even center/balance oneself succefully defense oneself?

It is always easy to speak macho as I can beat you or my sifu can beat you.....or i have the most original lineage..... But is it any good at all? what about those students or followers who is by nature not as strong born practiced WCK for self-defence ? will they be able to balance, center themself? or the pay to listern to stories about how great a fighter the sifu is or.....
and finally the reality is NONE can balance or center themself but fill with false security.

have any one even take a position of a lady who is not as physcial strong, and trying to experience the situation and see how the art applied to center?

So, Fresh, to start a reeaaaalllll WCK discussion. How do you center your body, breathing, and mind?

:D :D :D

Phil Redmond
05-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Hey Fresh,
After Phenix's post I see your point ;)
No offense intended Hendrick.
Phil

Phenix
05-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Phil Redmond
Hey Fresh,
After Phenix's post I see your point ;)
No offense intended Hendrick.
Phil

Hey phil,

Sure, different people believe in differentings. so, instead of trying to discuss why everyone see things from different angles.

Let's get into real WCK discussion How do you center yourself when you face an aggressor or a grappler or a thai boxer? how do you calm your mind? how do you slow down you heart rate? how do you get ready for your physical posture/ structure? how do you balance or centering to stay in the best condition you can?
how do you do it?

Care to share?

Phil Redmond
05-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey Hendrick, don't hate. I was just kidding. You seem to have a wealth of knowledge, but I do get a chuckle form your Yoda-like responses.
Anyway, if I'm attacked suddenly I may not have time for preparation. I'd have to deal with the immediate situation.
But If I know a fight is about to happen I try using breath control techniques to help slow my heart rate down. I can also use external neural stimulation, etc. Once the heart rate goes up you can experience sensory deprivation, (loss of hearing, tunnel vision, etc). I just attended a seminar on the subject. It's ironic that you asked. Law enforcement is training to limit the sensory deprivation that occurs during gun battles. I could have used that type of training in Vietnam. :(
Phil

Phenix
05-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Phil,

Cool, I transfer your post to the other post.

Fresh
05-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey Phenix. You ask some good questions. I just hope some ones can answer in wc terms.

I have a long ways to go but it seems to me that the balance you are talking about starts with sil lim tao and builds up from there during chi sao and the other forms. And then you have to try and maintain that kind of balance when things heat up.

In order to control all the breathing and reactions, well thats hard and no guarantees when the flap hits the fan. One thing we do and we have to do is to gradually turn up the heat in practice. Maybe there is something mysticle about it but I don't think there hast to be. I need a lot more work on that but already I can see changes happening in myself so I know the training is making a difference.

It would be great it if you could give some of your own explanations in wc terms. Yoga is fine but I would rather go to the yoga forum to talk about yoga and talk more directly about wc stuff here. Don't you think the wc designers built the stuff we needed into the system already?

I would really like to here some other people's ideas on this too. The centering, balance, breathing and mind are all good questions. And I also would like to hear some wc stories even if they don't interest you. I think we can learn a lot from other people and the stories they have to tell.

Fresh
05-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Phil that is interesting. Can you tell a little more about the sensory depravation training?

Fresh
05-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
Hi Phil,

Cool, I transfer your post to the other post.

Hey, why avoiding my thread? :p

Phil Redmond
05-02-2004, 04:36 PM
No fair, now I'm torn between two threads.
How about this? I'll keep my posts to this thread strictly WC. I'll talk to Yoda on his thread. I'll get back to you Fresh.

kj
05-02-2004, 05:17 PM
I too would like to hear more about the sensory deprivation training.

Regards,
- kj

Phenix
05-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil Redmond
No fair, now I'm torn between two threads.
How about this? I'll keep my posts to this thread strictly WC. I'll talk to Yoda on his thread. I'll get back to you Fresh.

Hey BRo,

You brought up great infor and it has its own life! :D

Fresh,

Go there and join all of us ! :D

KenWingJitsu
05-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Still plenty of talk about groundfighting, weight training, rastlin, and the usual zen vs. hfy arguments tho! Maybe thats what drove most everyone else away?

LOL. Or maybe they're waking up......
BTW what is a real wc peep?

PaulH
05-04-2004, 06:59 PM
The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.
- Francis Maitland Balfour

Sadly, the WC spring has no bubbling joy for its drinkers of late.

Regards,
PH

Fresh
05-05-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by KenWingJitsu

LOL. Or maybe they're waking up......
BTW what is a real wc peep?

A wc peep is some one who is interested enough in wc to talk about wc on a wc forum. Instead of always things like rastlin, yoga, mma and any thing except wc!! :D;):D

We could use some more bubblin around here Paul. :p

KenWingJitsu
05-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Instead of always things like rastlin, yoga, mma and any thing except wc!!

A real WC peep, includes those things in his/her discussion as those things relate to combat, as REAL WC relates to combat.

PaulH
05-05-2004, 02:33 PM
The way I see it one person loves to stay in-house and the other likes to go outside interacting with others. You both belong to the house of WC spirit! =)

P.S. We may as well face the current situation. People are less active to post sharing their views except a few salty ones. =) There is little attempt if any to be nice to the other aliens drifting further apart though sharing the same forum. What can we do or is it better to let things be?

Regards,
PH

kj
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
P.S. We may as well face the current situation. People are less active to post sharing their views except a few salty ones. =) There is little attempt if any to be nice to the other aliens drifting further apart though sharing the same forum. What can we do or is it better to let things be?

Salty enough, long enough, and we'll eventually make way for new generations by virtue of self-desiccation. ;)

Regards,
- kj

PaulH
05-06-2004, 07:54 AM
That's pretty funny, Kathy! Ha! Ha! I'm sure a few years from now people will dig up some sensational L'hombres de bois and their Corpus Sophia of how to live well during a WC big Bang. Alas, I know them well!

Regards,
PH

P.S. Being an optimistic guy, I think the forum is just going through a blue period temporarily. We have too much inspirational and exciting WC stuffs to clamp up for too long. =)