PDA

View Full Version : "Real" Encounters - Eye of the Beholder

kj
05-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Great headline, but how would she do in MMA or a "REAL" encounter?

7 Year-old girl fights off her would-be attacker (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/042804_ns_cedarlakegirl.html)

Perspective is everything. Gawd, I love these trivial and irrelevant stories. :p

Regards,
- kj

Phenix
05-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by kj
Great headline, but how would she do in MMA or a "REAL" encounter?

7 Year-old girl fights off her would-be attacker (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/042804_ns_cedarlakegirl.html)

Perspective is everything. Gawd, I love these trivial and irrelevant stories. :p

Regards,
- kj

She got an effortless alertness, non-expectation mental attitude, and not clink to the memory. Do we cultivate that in SLT? :D

or our eyes fix dead on our hand, worried the arm will goes wrong not as we command. our ear only heard about what the sifu said.. elbow keep center...... , and our mind is in a freezed state of everthing to slow down. and our breathing and body were neglect due to we want to have a correct hand technics. ...

Do we still doing slt or we freeze ourself away from the nature --- effortless alertness, non-expectation mental attitude, and not clink to the memory, and flow with it?

sure an 7 year old is better. No sifu to please. No correct kick to follow. No memory of has to be like this or that to be clink on. .....

Do we meditate with SLT or we do reverse meditation with SLT? The Freeze everything meditation? instead of letting one be alive? :D

Ng Mui
05-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the post.
I will print that wonderful article out for the little girls in my class.
They should get a kick out of it.

PaulH
05-03-2004, 05:11 PM
It's hard to imagine that the little cute girl can learn to be so nasty from her brothers! =)

anerlich
05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
One less sleazebag on the streets and a little girl safe is good news.

Do we cultivate that in SLT?

No.

russellsherry
05-09-2004, 05:52 PM
hi guys i am glad just glade she is ok russellsherry