PDA

View Full Version : mantis style

dturner
05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
What mantis style do you like best,why.What style is hardest to learn.could I learn frome tape or would it be a wast.

B.Tunks
05-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Hi,

They are all good. I suggest going to the nearest one and giving it a go. Try the real stuff before the tapes. Train hard!
Hope this helps,

BT

EarthDragon
05-04-2004, 09:39 AM
I agee with brendan they all have excellent qualities and fundementals. It really depnds on you and what you prefer, or better yet what is available in your area.
I do not suggest learning anything from a tape unless you are already profecient in the style and just want to learn more detail or get different views of applications from different teachers and perspectives. Good luck, hope you find a good mantis teacher, where are you from?

dturner
05-04-2004, 03:37 PM
florida, ther is a TKD school where I live,but I went in ther and the instructor fell over while kicking in fact he could barelly kick.He probally bought his belt.And he doesnt have any students above 10.

oasis
05-04-2004, 09:45 PM
dturner,
be careful about being so judgmental about one encounter with a teacher or a student, or anything you come across in life for that matter. there's always more than meets the eye ;)

as for your question, click here (http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=28353) to see this discussion about studying mantis from video.

good luck

Tieh
05-05-2004, 05:36 AM
But if a Taekwondo guy can't even kick!!!!:D