PDA

View Full Version : San Shou on the BIG screen....

Suntzu
05-04-2004, 01:29 PM
or maybe th elittle screen....
http://www.kungfucinema.com/news/2004-05-03-01.htm

MasterKiller
05-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I predict straight to video or Showtime Extreme, which ever comes first.

But cool, nonetheless.

norther practitioner
05-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Don't front on Showtime Extreme....

We both know thats where the "real" martial arts movies are :D

rogue
05-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Right to the home shopping channel as a premium when you buy a box set of Yanni's greatest hits.

Chang Style Novice
05-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a sports martial arts movie called "Xanda" or something like that coming out about a year ago?

SifuAbel
05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
He needs a new haircut.

Shaolinlueb
05-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Jason Yee...... he is Yao Li's san sho guy right?

Chang Style Novice
05-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Found an older article on Tsui Hark's "Xanda"

http://www.wu-jing.org/News/M03/2003-09-Tsui-Hark-Xanda.php

Anybody see this show yet?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=3380479679&rd=1&ssPageName=

135 available, buy it now for $9.98, but it's region 6 DVD...

Gene, come to our rescue!

Shaolin Dude
05-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
Jason Yee...... he is Yao Li's san sho guy right?

not anymore though. we moved to our new location and jason yee went on his own road to start a san shou school.

SanShou Guru
05-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Trailer can be seen Here (http://www.dawleyonline.com/EOD/index2.htm)

The film has draw interest in Hollywood and it looks like it will be sold for limited distribution. Jason did it as a project to get his foot in the door and it looks like it worked because there is interest in doing films with him now in CA.

We did move the San Shou program to a new location (www.boston-Kickboxing.com) and it the program is doing well.

ShaolinTiger00
05-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Congrats Jason!

Shen Zhou
05-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Is that the Candyman in the back ground? The Candyman knows kung fu?

SanShou Guru
05-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Tony Todd (The Candy Man) was in town during the filming and was a friend of one of the production people. He agreed to do two screens and Jason Wrote him in. His screens are not fight screens.

People who are in the film that you may know from San Shou are:

Jason Yee (main Character)
Tony Todd (Janitor, friend)
Cung Le (Main Assassin)
Rudi Ott (Pit Fighter)
Marvin Perry (Yao Li Body Guard)
Yao Li (Main boss captain)
Josh Bartholomew (Fighter in the Gym)

Most of the Boston San Shou people from 1998-1999 are in it to some level.

Pork Chop
05-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Congrats boston & guru, looks like KFO's got some more movie stars. :)

SifuAbel
05-05-2004, 09:08 AM
It looks like it has good production value. They used a film look miniDV. And the lighting, and background was well placed. Giving more of a film look. It it was film on the other hand...............

But He's trying to be Bruce Lee too much. He should try for his own look. He's aging well, at least. Change that haircut, Go for a grittier look. Work on his expression. He's got good potential for action. Even today a bruce lee imitator would be branded as such. But a Jason Yee original would do much better.

SanShou Guru
05-05-2004, 09:21 AM
The goal was a modern version of the 70's KF movies so you will get that Bruce Lee look. The trailer makes it look more BL than it is does as a whole. It was very low budget but shot on film. It is good and nice to see a movie done by real martial artists and no special effects at all. The target audiance would be KF movie purists and those sick of the Matrix effect movies.

GeneChing
05-05-2004, 09:40 AM
I heard about the Edge project and am glad to see it's coming to fruition. I'll be interested to see it, and interested on your opinions of it. It'll be fun to see those guys as actors.

As for Xanda, I have our buyer on the look-out for that one in a legal all-region DVD. It's not available yet, but when it is, we'll try to acquire it. Until then, you're stuck with bootlegs or other region discs.

SifuAbel
05-05-2004, 09:56 AM
What?!?!?! No matrix moves?!?!?!

Ahhhhh, forget it !!!!

:p :D

SifuAbel
05-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Yao li, I remember him from back in the day. He was a hot performer. He still looks good. The grittier look in the begining of the trailer applealed to me. The scene where he was bloody mouthed holding the gun on the guy was eye catching. The end with the BL homage got a bit overdone , for me at least.

My production buds say the camera was shakey and the lighting need to be further tweaked. It could have used a bit more grain and a darker look. But, what da ya want, they are a bit snobish when it comes to film.

The feel will probably be different with the actual sountrack. The trailer music takes away a little bit from the impact.

So when is this project going to be released? It seems like an interesting film.

ShaolinTiger00
05-05-2004, 10:37 AM
He was a hot performer. He still looks good.

:eek:

Suntzu
05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
LOL @ Rudi going for the Tong Po look.......

SifuAbel
05-05-2004, 12:23 PM
I didn't say he was a hot EXOTIC performer. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Shaolinlueb
05-05-2004, 12:33 PM
abel and yao sitting in a tr.... okay i'll shut up and wont insult yao li like that.

Mutant
05-05-2004, 02:32 PM
I saw the film at a screening awhile back, its really quite good.
I definately give it my siscal & ebert 'thumbs up'.
I was suprised and impressed with what Jason pulled off with the budget and means that he had. He filmed it bandit-style around Boston and managed to make a really cool movie.

I didnt think it came off as being too 'kung fooey' or a Bruce Lee omage at all, it is actually rather dark. Think more along the lines of 'Reservoir Dogs' than 'Enter the Dragon'.
Good fight scenes too.

I'm really psyched this movie may work out for Jason, he's been busting his azz on this film for a long time, and the dude really has some talent. This film is waaay better than the 'B' martial arts movies that we're used to seeing, trust me on this one, I think you guys will like it.