PDA

View Full Version : Got my equipment!

Ford Prefect
05-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm kissing the gym good bye. Here are some pics.

Ford Prefect
05-04-2004, 02:29 PM
My KB's and CB's and other assorted stuff...

Ford Prefect
05-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Weight Tree...

Ford Prefect
05-04-2004, 02:32 PM
The rack and bench...

Ford Prefect
05-04-2004, 02:33 PM
I couldn't resist. I mounted my chains on the bar.

mickey
05-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Ford,

That is some dungeon. A nice spartan appearance: good for concentration.

Where is the black leather, head to toe, outfit....with the zippered mouth?:)

mickey

IronFist
05-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Dude where's the stereo? You need to crank some rad tunes while you work out. None of that "best of the 70's and 80's pop" that they play in some gyms.

My old gym was at least kind of hardcore with their music. Well, not really hardcore, but it was alternative. I even heard Rammstein once. That was rad. And a few years ago I heard a Dream Theater song and I heard Welcome to the Jungle a few times, too.

But usually it was radio-alternative, which is still better than the easy listening crap that they play in some gyms.

abobo
05-05-2004, 01:17 AM
I used to go to a gym that played nothing but dance music. Basically it was a loop of one Pink song, one Shakira song, maybe some Paulina Rubio, and various indeterminate dance remixes.

Ford Prefect
05-05-2004, 06:24 AM
Mickey,

I don't wear that but the gimp does. He's in the box behind all my accessories.

Iron,

Dude, that's so needed. I worked out today and had to use a walkman. It was great listenning to some Metallica rather than the Britney Pop that my gym usually plays.

rubthebuddha
05-05-2004, 09:39 AM
pantera for your heavy days, srv for your light days. nice and simple.

Suntzu
05-05-2004, 11:48 AM
:mad: not impressed :mad: :(

mickey
05-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Ford,

That was one of the best comebacks I have seen on this forum.

Much, much laughter!!

mickey

Toby
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Dude, that's so needed. I worked out today and had to use a walkman. It was great listenning to some Metallica rather than the Britney Pop that my gym usually plays. I use a walkman. I'm out in the back shed and I don't wanna wake the neighbours in the morning. Or the kids. Once they're up, it's harder to workout.

My old gym used to play alternative radio, but they changed the layout. They used to have a cardio room and a weights room. Old people and women (now there's a generalization for you :D) used to use the cardio and never the weights. But they decided that the "old people and women" were scared of the weights area so they moved some of the weights (benches, smith machine, squat racks, heavy dumbbells, free weights) into the old cardio room and moved the cardio stuff in with the machine weights to encourage some kind of "welcoming feeling" bull****. Then I guess the "old people and women" complained about the music so it went to commercial radio and Britney Pop. How on earth anyone can be expected to exercise to that I don't know. Even worse was when they'd leave the door open to the circuit room and we'd get the latest Tae-bo and Boxercise soundtrack blasting over everything else. This didn't play a small part in helping me to decide to buy my own setup.

stubbs
05-06-2004, 06:26 AM
the gym i go to are quite cool with the music. if its not too busy you can put your own stuff on. i never have though because the music they play is quite good
________
FORD LTD CROWN VICTORIA SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_LTD_Crown_Victoria)

ElPietro
05-06-2004, 11:17 AM
You need more 45s!

That looks like the rack i'm thinking of getting, now that I'm getting poorer by the minute, and probably will save a couple hundred bucks over the commercial grade mammoth I was thinking of.

I just don't like the spacing between the pin settings. Need more. Oh well, nothings perfect.

Ford Prefect
05-06-2004, 11:50 AM
I know. I got 485 lbs of plates though, which will at least last a bit for squat and bench, but my DL will be hitting that soon. I got 135 lbs of bumper plates that should be here soon too. Hopefully they'll come today. I want to toss my barbell around.