PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

RFM
05-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Alright, this is another "I've been gone awhile and would like to start back up" thread, however I am not looking for tips on how to get started again, this I already know, but I am looking for other kung fu artists in my area who might want to get together talk the "fu" share some of their art and perhaps, God forbid, workout together.

I have been out of the Kung Fu arena for quite awile. I studied in Germany, taught in San Antonio, then when I moved to Kansas (I am in the Army) my training schedule and mulitple assignments were such that I had little time to study or teach, and a progressing knee pain limited me even more.

With that said, time is on my side once again and I am looking to start teaching again after I take more time to get back into kung fu shape. So I am looking for some support locally. A group of individuals (much like what I had in San Antonio) who would be interested in getting together.

I live in Wakefield, Kanas (almost dead center of the State) off the NW corner of Milford Lake, about 20 minutes north of Fort Riley/Junction City.

Anybody interested? Email is redsash96@yahoo.com.

Bob

Pork Chop
05-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Long time no see RFM, this is Lost_Disciple, formerly of San Antonio.

I have a buddy stationed near you who drives a tank, and I'm going to ask him if he's interested. He's got a FMA background tho and I think he's more looking for workout partners than to start a new style; but I'll as him.

Nice to see one of the forum's original members still kickin.

RFM
05-06-2004, 12:29 PM
LD!

It is good to hear from an old friend. What a busy four years it has been since I left San Antonio.

Let me know who your tanker friend is - I am also in a tank unit and the circle is small so he won't be hard to find - all I need is a name if not the unit.

Just completed a year in Iraq. Got back the 2nd of April. I am leaving the service this summer to pursue ministry, and thus time to get back into the "Fu."

Peace,
Bob

CaptinPickAxe
05-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Its good to see I'm not the only one who got out of that blackhole of a city. Good Luck finding a partner.

Pork Chop
05-06-2004, 12:35 PM
RFM
just realized u don't have the PM function
dude's name is Rob Gamez.
I think he's more into the simple self defense stuff, maybe some pad n bag work.
He's possibly heading for Iraq in November so I think he'd like to prepare for that.
Tryin to keep an eye out for my bro.

Pork Chop
05-06-2004, 12:54 PM
CPA
For me, it was very much a black hole.
Had to go there to live with my folks after school coz my jobs hadn't panned out yet.
Seemed like it coulda been an okay town, but very hard to meet people there, and not many good places to hang out regularly.
Unfortunately the East Coast hasn't turned out to be all that much better.
Man I miss Austin....and Japan.

Radhnoti
05-07-2004, 08:21 AM
RFM, thanks very much for your service to our country. I hope your training and ministry plans come together well. Take care.