PDA

View Full Version : I've been promoted to monkhood!

GeneChing
05-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Check it out - my disciple brother kungfu**** sent me this link (http://shaolin-temple.gungfu.com/). I'm honored and repulsed at the same time. :p

Vash
05-06-2004, 06:56 PM
hah! Now, you have a reason for practicing abstinence!

Wrong religion, I'm sure. But still, it's always funny to make light of a man's not-gettin-any-situation.

CaptinPickAxe
05-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Hah!
Maybe you have a cult following, Gene. They may consider you Damo. Get them to rally up the virgins!

GeneChing
05-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Actually, I do have a weird following (and many of them are probably virgins, but for the wrong reasons :rolleyes: ). You should see some of the weird mail I get. Everything from dried flowers to blurry polariods to processed cheese. Someone once sent me a paint container of industrial chocolate pudding. I am completely serious about this. My fans are wacky.

As for abstinence, well, I'm married with a kid, so it's not like I can take advantage of that following and still keep my vows. Not that I'd want to - come on? Industrial grade pudding? At least spring for the good stuff.

Shaolinlueb
05-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Gene married, who would have thought! :o :p :D . so whats you Monk Name? :D I figure if i ever get a monk name it will be Shi Gwai Lo :D;) and dude, dont knock the paint size containers of industrial chocolate pudding man. :cool: :rolleyes:

GeneChing
05-07-2004, 11:55 AM
...you sent me the pudding, didn't ya? ;)

Actually, I know who did it and it was a good prank. I still have it, just in case. You never know.

It would adopt the name gwailo since I'm not one. That would really confuse people.

dimmakseminar
05-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Dear Mr. GeneChing:

Congratulations! A suggestion for your marketing campaign if I may. Add the following to your website:

"All Shaolin students that attain Monk status will be given a free tote bag from MartialArtsMart.com"

Marketedly yours,

dimmakseminar

blooming lotus
05-08-2004, 01:11 AM
lol....can't get th link to open but if you're now a monk...interested a dedicated disciple??...just kidding ....but if you shack up ata temple...book me in for a visit in the future :cool:

David Jamieson
05-08-2004, 01:49 PM
i think you should have a serious look through that pudding Gene, afterall, the proof is in it. :p

Royal Dragon
05-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Gene,
I'm not sure whats wrong here. I went to the site you posted the link to, and I found the pics of you in the monk robes and all, but when I click on them, I don't get the Kung Fu Magazine store :(

Whats up with THAT??

GeneChing
05-10-2004, 09:41 AM
You don't get martialartsmart (http://www.martialartsmart.com) because it's not martialartsmart. That's the whole point. I have nothing to do with the creation of that site. I understand that this company is a distributor for our parent company Tiger Claw (http://www.tigerclaw.com), so I'm assuming that they are using our image to help them sell Tiger Claw gear (otherwise, that's not really kosher). kunguf**** just thought it was funny because it's not in a store context, it's in an information-about-shaolin context. You'd think they'd be able to get a real monk pic. :rolleyes:

herb ox
05-11-2004, 05:22 PM
we all knew you'd go far, brother Gene!

I'll add it to my wall collage of your published appearances ;)

'Sides, puddin's better than stinky cheese... 'specially if it comes in an aerosol can.

herb ox

YinYangDagger
05-11-2004, 11:59 PM
More PROOF to why Gene is a racist! Not sure what I'm talking about? Go here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30091

GeneChing
05-13-2004, 11:32 AM
A guy with a confederate flag as his avatar is calling me a racist. That's hilarious YYD! FWIW, I did sell a sword for a white supremacist once. I didn't know it at the time. He was a client of the sword shop I used to work at. Bought a lot of stuff. Then one day this big expose came out in the newspapare and we were all shocked.

HO: Pudding from an aerisol can....hmmm, you may be on to something. I don't know about the wall collage - I'd be more honored by that if you were a hot chick. Knowing that you're not, it makes me kinda nervous. :eek:

YinYangDagger
05-13-2004, 11:42 AM
LOL, surely Californians have a sense of humor. I'm beginning to wonder.....geez....

GeneChing
05-13-2004, 02:18 PM
...like I said, "that's hilarious."