PDA

View Full Version : Seminar in Ottawa, Canada

Patrick Gordon
05-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Howdy folks,

If any of you are close to Canada's capital city, Ottawa, consider making the trip to attend a two day seminar I am hosting. Here is the information. Take care and hope some you might be able to attend.

I, Patrick Gordon, am proud to announce the fourth annual Wing Chun seminar with my Si-hing, Tony Frighetti. Sifu Frighetti is a senior student and instructor with Master Augustine Fong’s school in Tucson, Arizona. Sifu Frighetti has done several seminars for my school which were all very well received. The 2002 seminar was detailed in the January 2004 issue of Kung Fu / Tai Chi magazine, which was entitled The Zero Points of Wing Chun.

Sifu Frighetti will be going over topics which will have been covered at Sifu Augustine Fong’s reunion seminar in May 2004 as well as his own material. Sifu Frighetti's skill level and understanding of the Wing Chun style is very high. The seminar will be a very good workout both physically and mentally. If you are serious about your training, I highly recommend attending this seminar. This seminar is open to all styles.

Date: Saturday, June 5th & Sunday, June 6th

Times: Sat 12:00-4:30, half hour lunch

Sun 12:00-4:30, half hour lunch

Location: Ottawa Wing Chun Academy, 858 Bank St, in Glebe Fitness.

Price: one day $35.00, two days $65.00. Prices will be an extra $10.00 after May 31st to discourage last minute payment. Please reserve yourself a spot as soon as possible, as space will be limited. Regarding payment, you may see me in class or phone: 862-5459 or email: p.gordon@cyberus.ca

I hope you will be able to attend, sincerely,
Patrick Gordon.

old jong
05-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Am I invited?...;) ;)

captain
05-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Hello Patrick,
perhaps you could tell me a little more about the health of wing chun in Ottawa?

cheers,

Russell.

Patrick Gordon
05-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Hello Russell,

The health of Wing Chun in Ottawa? Let me try to answer that. There seems to be a lot of Wing Chun here. Plenty of Sunny Tang people. I can't speak for all of them but the most senior would be John Peluso. He is a very good guy and his Wing Chun is good. There are some other lines but they tend to stick to themselves so I don't know much about them. My school is the most centrally located school, which offers Wing Chun in the lineage of Sifu Augustine Fong. The school has been open for over four years. If you have any other questions, just ask. BTW, do you know Ottawa at all? Where is your location and lineage?

Patrick Gordon.

Patrick Gordon
05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by old jong
Am I invited?...;) ;)

Well, now that you know of it, i guess you are invited. You can bring a couple of new students that i am senting you this month.

Tony will be happy to see you again. I hope to bring him to Montreal this visit. I am sure he would love it. Take care and see you at the other seminar tomorrow.

Sifu.

kj
05-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Best wishes for another productive seminar, Patrick. I would indeed love to catch up with you all one of these days. While I cannot make it up for this particular event, I'll look forward to any proceedings you or others may care to share, as I'm sure some others would.

Regards,
- kj

old jong
05-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Tomorrow,we have the second annual Montreal/Ottawa Wing Chun reunion seminar,hosted by Sifu Patrick Gordon.
I bring my students to visit their Sigung for hours of Wing Chun pleasures.
It's going to be a busy day.:cool: ;)

old jong
05-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Patrick Gordon
[B

Tony will be happy to see you again. I hope to bring him to Montreal this visit. I am sure he would love it. Take care and see you at the other seminar tomorrow.

Sifu. [/B]

So am I!...Tony can teach at my club anytimes!...:cool:

Patrick Gordon
05-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by old jong

So am I!...Tony can teach at my club anytimes!...:cool:

Hey Old Jong,

When I said I may be bringing Tony to Montreal, I should have stated it would be as tourists and not Wing Chun. Sorry for the bad news.

Sifu.

old jong
05-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Here is the traditional group picture of today's seminar.Students of both towns had a great times and enjoyed practicing various sparring drills on man sau and bridging the gap,the theme on witch the seminar was based this year.

Patrick Gordon
05-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey Old Jong,

The seminar was great fun today. Your students are really starting to show a lot of improvement. It looked like they have a really good time today. I hope the material wasn't to much for some of them. With seminars, I would prefer the beginners feel lost, rather than the senior feel bored. I hope your group will make it to Ottawa for the seminar with Tony. They will really learn a lot.

Keep up the good work. I always said, a teacher with a good attitude will attract or produce students with the same demeanor.

Sifu.

old jong
05-09-2004, 06:43 AM
One of my students...(in white t-shirt) working with one of Sifu's (In dark) ;) It looks like Yim Wing Chun legend...;)

a teacher with a good attitude will attract or produce students with the same demeanor.

Thanks for your encouragements.You are right and it is starting to materialise.

Patrick Gordon
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Howdy folks,

Just a reminder that this weekends awesome seminar in only in four days. See you there Old Jong. BTW, I ran in to matrix the other day and gave him the info on the seminar, we may see him. It is going to be a great weekend. Take care and see you soon, regards,

Patrick Gordon.

yuanfen
05-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Patrick- good luck with the seminar. Should be a good one. Say hi to Tony for me. Will there be horses for him to ride when he is not doing the seminar?

joy

old jong
06-01-2004, 05:37 AM
Hey Sifu!
It will be a good times.Looking forward to see you,the guys and Cowboy Sibak again!...;)
I hope Matrix will make it.:cool:

Patrick Gordon
06-01-2004, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yuanfen
[B]Patrick- \will there be horses for him to ride when he is not doing the seminar?

Hey Joy,

Actually, my sister owns some horses and see also knows Tony from when we visited him two years ago in Tucson. My sister and Tony's wife (she is the real horse person in the family) got along quite well. Who knows, we may get the chance to ride...not western style ;-)

It will be an awesome seminar. Tony has some cool stuff he wants to go over. I am really looking forward to his visit, it has been a while. I just hope he can handle the Canadian beer ;-)

patrick Gordon.

old jong
06-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Cool stuff?...That's an understatement!...I have homeworks for years if I want to "master" this stuff!...:cool: It blows the mind just to see the possibilities associated with this kind of skill!...

It was great to see Sibak Tony again and to practice with Sifu Patrick and the Ottawa group again.Me and my students are always treated like family when we visit.

I also had the pleasure of practicing with my friend Matrix,who was attending the seminar.
It was a very good day.:cool:

Matrix
06-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Michel,

Mon ami, it's always a pleasure to see you and your students. You certainly have an enthusiastic bunch. :cool:

A la prochaine,
Bill

old jong
06-06-2004, 08:01 AM
À la prochaine!...Looking forward to this occasion.:cool:

You talk about my bunch being enthousiastic?...Some of them were actually practicing Chi sau on the back seat of my minivan as I was driving back to Montreal!...:D

yuanfen
06-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Old Jong and Patrick- Congrats- sounds like you had a good seminar.
I have not done chi sao in the back seat since my pre wc undergraduate days. So I leave it alone.

Matrix
06-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Joy,

Tony gave a great seminar, in spite of his recent back injury. I am not a member of the Augustine Fong family, so I can say without any bias that he did a superb job. :cool:

Kudos,
--Bill

yuanfen
06-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Bill/Matrix:

I am not surprised.

BTW Tony was a grappler before he came to wing chun.

He has his own moves as many of us do.

joy

Patrick Gordon
06-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Hello folks,

I am pleased everyone who participated in the seminar enjoyed themselves...not that I had any doubt. It was a really good mixed group and Tony also enjoyed the weekend. Visiting Montreal was also a very good time.

There has been so much great feedback from this seminar, Tony was discussing coming back at the end of the summer or into the fall. We will be discussing the idea and i will keep everyone up to date.

take care, regards,

patrick Gordon.