PDA

View Full Version : CLF Forum?

Mika
05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Does anyone know why the CLF forum has been down for a little while now? Are they updating the server or something?
In any case, the missing of the forum is only temporary, right?
Or is it just my computer..? :eek:

:p

I appreciate any info y'all may have on this :)

//mika

Fu-Pow
05-07-2004, 09:52 AM
I was going to ask the same question. Does anyone have the details on this?:confused:

CLFNole
05-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Fu-Pow:

They seemed to shut it down when you and one of their own were having a disagreement. The horse stance thing "if memory serves me" (Iron Chef).

I think sometimes they can be a bit defensive over there however it's there house and what they decide is up to them I guess.

Sometimes I think we all have to take our skirts off and take criticism and accept the fact that people will question one's opinion. There is nothing wrong with that as long as tact and respect is utilized in the conversation.

Peace.

Fu-Pow
05-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by CLFNole
Fu-Pow:

They seemed to shut it down when you and one of their own were having a disagreement. The horse stance thing "if memory serves me" (Iron Chef).

I think sometimes they can be a bit defensive over there however it's there house and what they decide is up to them I guess.

Sometimes I think we all have to take our skirts off and take criticism and accept the fact that people will question one's opinion. There is nothing wrong with that as long as tact and respect is utilized in the conversation.

Peace.

Wow...touchy...touchy....:rolleyes:

CLFNole
05-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Although I respect them they can be a bit touchy when it comes to certain things. But whatever doesn't effect my clf training.

Peace.

Cody
05-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I guess it was within the last month that I visited CLF forum for a read. If I remember correctly, someone had suggested that they shut down this open- to- the- public message board. Maybe they took the suggestion seriously.

Cody

Mika
05-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Speculation - the mother of all misunderstandings.

No offense guys, but I did not start this thread to open up a speculative discussion. It is your right to speculate, of course, but I was looking for some solid answers. And why didn't anyone speculate they might be working on a new template or something? Human nature, ha? ;)

I was hoping someone from clfma.com could have answered. I am still hoping someone from there would.

Maybe I should have waited a little longer. Maybe they are rearranging the site. Maybe I just like that forum so much that I reacted too quickly.

In any case, I was just curious.

Guys, cheer up, will ya? :)

It's probably just something technical, nothing more..

//mika

dutch
05-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi Mika,

The forum on clfma.com is no more!

There were many reasons for this decision...time spent running it, answering questions, bickering, etc.. There was no one reason why, but the choice was finally made.

I too enjoyed the forum there, and tried to take part in it whenever I had time, but I guess all things must change at some point.

Sincerely,

Mika
05-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Dutch, thanks for the answer.
We kind of suspected that here. Given the original intention of that forum, I can see why they would make a decision like that.

Our loss...Mark Whelan and his experiences with Kung Fu and especially applying it (he IS a bad-ass) are almost unparallelled. Howard Choy's research into Choy Lee Fut is of great depth and level.
Some of the other guys gave great answers, too.
I hope in the future we will again have a chance to learn from their experiences.

But at least we got to enjoy some very, very informative discussions there :)

A time for everything...

//mika

Fu-Pow
05-11-2004, 10:15 AM
If you can't take the heat I guess you gotta get out of the kitchen:rolleyes: