PDA

View Full Version : some good clips?

william
05-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey people,

Haven't seen this guys clips posted before, if they have been, sorry!

Cheek them out : http://www.sifugrados.com/mcvideos.shtml

be good to hear what you think.

Cheers

W

Vyvial
05-14-2004, 07:09 PM
"street combat, street combat, grados street combat...." and so on. I think every wing chun school needs a rap video...

studentofDbest
05-17-2004, 10:48 AM
check out his guest book if you want to know what people think of his videos.

Actually, his videos have been around for a while. If you ever get a chance to, get his Chum Kui, Sticky Hands and HardCore Wing Chun videos. the HardCore Wing Chun tape has a segment at the end showing one of his classes, a brief clip of his one inch punch and wooden dummy. The other two tapes has some really good sticky hands stuff. These tapes will give you an idea how refined and explosive his wing chun really is.

TheBlackDragons
05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Grados is A really good wing stun fighter

JetKuen
05-29-2004, 02:57 PM
http://www.tommycarruthers.com

Found this on the JKD site. I could not believe how fast this guy is. Truly amazing!

TansauNg
06-11-2004, 12:40 AM
hi,

...more clips....

www.wtlombardia.it

black and blue
06-11-2004, 01:12 AM
"http://www.tommycarruthers.com

Found this on the JKD site. I could not believe how fast this guy is. Truly amazing!"

Heheheheh..... yes, he could slap you and tickle you many times in the space of a few seconds.

:p

I'm sure the guy is really very good, but in those clips he's 'trying' to impress with his speed. Stinging shots, not really damaging shots. Feel free to disagree :D

lawrenceofidaho
06-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Tommy Carruthers could definitely make a few bucks if he released a video on "Speed Training"......

At least he had the integrity to add a qualifying statement on the video page saying that he wouldn't necessarily use those same techniques in real combat.

-And who wasn't impressed by his chin-up videos? (Good Gawd!!) -I'm in decent shape, but I'd be lucky to finish one or two of those weighted pull-ups, let alone rep after rep like he was doing.......

As for the Italian WT vids; the "new" ones with Gianluca Cesano (first time I've seen him, or heard of him) had a couple of interesting things on them. (Some standard WT demo stuff, but with a unique twist here and there.) -He must be the new teacher at that school.

I didn't bother with the rest of the Lombardia videos after watching the first one (the ones without the "new" burst next to them). -It's a big bald instructor chain punching on helpless students.

:rolleyes:

-Lawrence

Ultimatewingchun
06-11-2004, 03:34 PM
vyvial:

In your first post on this thread - on the first link you provided, ("Ving Tsun is limitless in its application") - there is a paragragh on the website link, within the section entitled CLASS INFO, that says that William Cheung was taught by Wong Shun Leung...

As one of Moy Yat's senior students (1975-1983)...and as one of William Cheung's senior students (1983-present)...

I can tell you that this statement about William Cheung is BOGUS. It is simply not true.

Moy Yat told me in a face-to-face conversation back in 1975 that, of all of YIP MAN'S STUDENTS - William Cheung was his best fighter...followed by Wong Shun Leung and Bruce Lee.

William Cheung (Cheung Cheuk Hing) - was a DIRECT student of Yip Man.

TansauNg
06-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Hallo,

Originally posted by lawrenceofidaho
He must be the new teacher at that school.

He is "the Teacher" of our school...

QUOTE]Originally posted by lawrenceofidaho

It's a big bald instructor chain punching on helpless students.
[/QUOTE]

The punch aren't too strong....don't worry about that....

Andreas
06-29-2004, 03:37 AM
-

t_niehoff
06-29-2004, 05:34 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the moderator actually told you what it was that he believed was "improper" about your deleted post so you at least had some idea of what not to do next time? IMO this is not a very good policy -- imagine getting a ticket by the police, not being told why you were ticketed, but then told not to do it again!

Terence

Matrix
06-29-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by t_niehoff
Wouldn't it be nice if the moderator actually told you what it was that he believed was "improper" about your deleted post so you at least had some idea of what not to do next time? Terence,

I don't believe that the moderator deleted the posts. I've noticed posts from several threads that have disappeared, and some entire threads as well.

I tried to log on late last night and there was a message indicating that there was a problem with the KFO forum database. I suspect that any posts during a certain time frame were just lost....

Bill

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
06-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by t_niehoff
Wouldn't it be nice if the moderator actually told you what it was that he believed was "improper" about your deleted post so you at least had some idea of what not to do next time? IMO this is not a very good policy -- imagine getting a ticket by the police, not being told why you were ticketed, but then told not to do it again!

Terence

For your information Terence, the forum seems to be having technical issues, I've had several reports of deleted posts and entire threads this morning that were not delted by anyone. I'm contacting Gene about it.

t_niehoff
06-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the update -- it really is nice when we *know* what is going on. Even better when we know why. :)

Regards,

Terence

Vyvial
07-02-2004, 11:27 AM
hmmmm

ultimatewingchun

if you spent the time to read and understand the paragraph you would notice that it talks about the Sihing method of instruction and what it is saying is that Bruce Lee and William Chung's daisihing at the time was Wong Shun Lung just as Mak Po was Moy Yat's. No one said that Cheung was a direct student of Leung.

Also for someone who turned his back on Moy Yat you sure seem to enjoy claiming some kind of status with me as one of "Moy Yat's senior students" but sorry you are only a distant uncle through the Cheung line, that's it.