PDA

View Full Version : dimmakseminar enters the UFC and needs your help!!!

dimmakseminar
05-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Dear Readers:
So, I am considering entering the Ultimate Fighting Championship!

And I am very excited about the prospect of utilising the cinnabar palm and other lethal techniques in the ring to subdue the opponents. Possibly even the Dim Mak, should it become necessary to do so. I have begun my training in earnest today. Much of my training has consisted of applying my techniques on metal doors and trees and such. However, throwing chopsticks through oak trees will not assist me in my quest to be the Ultimate Fighting Champion, as I know for a fact that chopsticks are not allowed in the UFC ring, based on Section 7(c)1 of the UFC rules of engagement, which explicitly states "chopsticks are not allowed in the UFC ring".

To complement my training, I have decided to permanently move to New York City to train. Initially I felt that training with one of the many Shao-Lin Monks that my board compatriot, ninja, knows would be advantageous, as everyone knows that these guys are badass. For various legal reasons of immigration entry and exit which affect me and the reasons of which shall not be disclosed, Yan Lei in Mother England was not an option, although he might be the one most qualified to assist. However, upon further examination, it appears that all 5 of the NYC Monks (7 if you include Justin and Jamaal) do not teach applications nor do they actually practise martial techniques repetitiously in class. It appears that these classes would perhaps be no more helpful than taking a Justin Timberlake dance class. Perhaps less so, because with the Justin Timberlake dance class you not only would also learn some cool moves and get some cardio, but the ladies would dig you, too. Because, you would be in touch with your inner N'Sync'er AND you would not be ashamed to publicly show your affection for these types of activities. But I digress.

Therefore I am looking to find an art or Master in New York with whom I can exchange knowledge. I realise that my training needs complementing, because although I am generally able to keep an attacker away, I have oft wondered what might happen should Royce Gracie actually get close enough to grab ahold and take me to the ground. Not that it would happen, but the thought has crossed my mind. I do not believe that he could chin na me. Unless he took me to the ground. Which is what I wish to avoid.

So, dear friends, I ask of you three questions:
1. If you could complement your training with any Art to further your personal quest of winning the UFC, what art would it be?
2. Do you know of any Masters of this art in NYC?
3. Would any of this change if you only had 3 months to train?
4. If you could begin your train anew to become the most effective martial artist possible, what style would you choose?

The fourth question was a bonus question. Thanking you in advance for your honest replies to my serious questions and, I remain,

Ultimately yours,

dimmakseminar

PS: this should in no way be interpretted as a shunning of the arts Dark Arts of Shao-Lin and Iga, but merely an attempt to continue to grow and expand ones abilities by addressing possible weaknesses in the quest to become the Ultimate Fighting Champion!

CaptinPickAxe
05-11-2004, 12:23 AM
For UFC, I'd practice the following:

1.BBJ: You will be taken to the ground. So why not know how to Roll with the greats

2. Shuai Chiao: You'll need a middle game, so why not go with an aggressive approach to it.

3.Boxing:What better way to get proper punching machanincs. Just find a sparring partner who is down to switch up the rules.

4. Muai Thai: Gotta go with it. It has great kicks.

5.Taijiquan: Got to have your internal art. Not so much for the ring just for personal benifit, power, and fluidity.

This would be my arsenal. I wish I had access to all of the above. I, personally, would not fight in the UFC, but I'd like to learn all of the above.

goldendragon
05-12-2004, 11:06 AM
well I've always been intrested in this prospect. place a internal MA's in the ring with boxers or UFC competitors and what would happon? I think we all know what would happon but when why has not internal masters stepped up to the chall....or....extersise? I don't think that with only three months to train you'll do much good. I think I'll pass for atleast another 20 or so years. I've a really good extersise for you though the good old one two:
1)place your head between your legs
2)kiss your bum goodbye

Vash
05-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Seems like the last time I perused their rulebook, said technique was expressly forbidden.

Well, DMS, here's my suggestions:

1. BJJ. I'm comfortable with the throws and stand-up striking contained within my beloved OMA, Isshinryu Karate.

2. Nope.

3. Nope.

*Bonus*

4. I think I'd get a double whoppin' of Hsing I Chuan and Motobu Ryu (Choki, not Choyu).

Anyway it goes, good luck in your training, DMS. Keep it real, keep it safe, but don't keep it real safe.

SanSoo Student
05-17-2004, 08:37 AM
Crush your foes with cinnabar palm. I hope the gloves don't affect your chi flow to your hands.

Gangsterfist
05-17-2004, 02:02 PM
My opinion for training would be one: Internal art, external art, nuetral art, and grappling art.

Perhaps the following:

Internal: Taiji or Hsing-i
Nuetral: Wing chun
Grappling: BJJ, or Judo
External: Boxing, Muay Thai, Karate (not to say there are not internal aspects to those arts)

That would make you a pretty well rounded fighter, plus all the conditioning you would get from training all aspects would make you naturally pretty tough.

scotty1
05-18-2004, 05:47 AM
Tai chi is all you need!!!

but everyone knows that....:)

Friendless Tool
05-26-2004, 07:58 AM
The UFC is a piece of crap. What are you trying to prove by cpmpeting in some stupid fighting championship. its all crap. the UFC has rules. and in real life fights, there are no rules.

[And I am very excited about the prospect of utilising the cinnabar palm and other lethal techniques in the ring to subdue the opponents. Possibly even the Dim Mak, should it become necessary to do so.]

What the hell is wrong with you? why would you want to fight? Whats the point. Its not even real fighting. Your "excitied" about hurting other people. (even though you and i and everyone else on this forum know you cant) You are seriously F***** up.

I swear to god. I dont understand why people think that if they fight other people that they will prove anything. Fight only when you have to.

CaptinPickAxe
05-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Maybe he wants to prove that he's not an arm chair sifu or Internet-Fu master. There is nothing wrong with wanting to compete. I plan on entering a Boxing circuit as soon as I get some proper training. Also, controlled fighting is a substitue for fighting on the street and possibly serisously hurting someone or even killing them. In the ring there is usuallly mutual respect and they fight to say, "See, man, my training isn't wasted. I didn't remain on hold untill a moment of danger." A moment which may never come if you don't allow yourself to be put in dangerous situations. It isn't a smart choice.

scotty1
05-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Friendless Tool - I'm not surprised. :D

mortal
05-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I love to fight. Not to prove anything. Just to have that adrenalin rush of knocking someone the f*ck out!

Friendless Tool
05-27-2004, 03:59 PM
mortal, i pray your joking

he wants to prove that he's not an arm chair sifu or Internet-Fu master.

are you insane? This guy is a internet-fu. He is the epitome of an internet-fu. this guy prolly does tae bo or something.

some people.

mortal
05-28-2004, 08:16 AM
I am joking. But it does feel empowering to knock someone out sticking up for yourself though.

I never want to fight again in my life. The reason I train is to increase my athletisim and overall day to day energy level. I must admit it wouldn't bother me if I had to hurt someone to defend myself. Guys I fought growing up are my best friends today. Like Dimmakseminar for example. When I fought him he didn't know the dimmak yet. Lucky for me.

CaptinPickAxe
05-28-2004, 12:53 PM
He's a helluva troll, yes. But I'm talking why other people fight because you made blanket statment. Also, techincally, since you don't fight either your an armchair sifu or a form collector. Get out there a fight and quit trying to say "It isn't real fighting" When its closer to real fighting than the crappy sparring most schools do.

some people:rolleyes:

Vash
05-28-2004, 03:48 PM
BAH. All Know That Real Fighting is When You Get So Fugged Up in the Chest Area You Can't Train, Move, or Breath Normally for a Year+.

Friendless Tool = My B.tch

dimmakseminar
05-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Dear Mr Friendless Tool:

I am certain that your Master, and my compatriot, Sifu Paul Chu, would not enjoy seeing you speak ill of other people that you do not personally know. I come here seeking wisdom, and you mock me? That, sir, is unpleasant. If you are similar in person as you have appeared to be in this forum, then your username is painfully apropos.

I thank each of you that has dropped a seed of knowledge into the planting clay. It reaffirms my belief that there are good and decent people remaining on this earth. And CaptainPickAxe is somewhat correct in the reasoning behind my decision to plot this course.

My training is not yet complete, but I will keep you all apprised of my status. I am off for my Midtown morning run!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

CaptinPickAxe
06-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Well, if you end up in the UFC or any NHB good luck...also good luck with your training.

mortal
06-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I hope he doesn't accidentally kill someone with his cinnabar palm dim mak on a crowded 3 train!

CaptinPickAxe
06-02-2004, 04:32 PM
too late. He's slaughtered many of innocents by mearly supplying them with friendly high fives....OF DOOM!

No_Know
06-30-2004, 04:38 AM
Haddo-ken Haddo-ken. How much preparation time do you need to charge-up your so called Cinabar Palm? How much wind-up?

"1. If you could complement your training with any Art to further your personal quest of winning the UFC, what art would it be?"

Unless this is a disguised poll for what people think works, with your mention of UFC entry as distraction-ish, our Arts would be insiginficant to your case. You should perhaps reiterate what skills you have what and how you do your distribution of kung-fu (methods~).

I picked what I picked and do what I do because it Is the total package~ like the Constitution of the United States of America, with allowances for later development. Up to and including changing the frequency of laser fire at me to render it harmless. Not there yet, but if guns get into laser distributing guns, I'm already there for self protection(pending mastery).

Taijitsu /Bujinkai for you or Jiujitsu (No Brazilian nothing) to grasp distracting/loosening to strike elsewhere.

"2. Do you know of any Masters of this art in NYC?" I No_Know.

"3. Would any of this change if you only had 3 months to train?"

NO. I think that you would consider slow approach and face to face encounter variations to deliver your so called Cinabar Palm. You should practice delivering from on your back.

If the target area is the chest stomach area because of damaging these areas' organs or stuffs, then practice delivering there while fending off incomming from boxer punches. Learn to deliver disruption to non-cavity areas--limbs, hips for grabbed from behind. Also, get lifted from front and behind then brought down hard...practice using one leg to keep you from getting slammed/use to get you standing and the other perhaps to kick (bottom of the foot) back to knee or thigh or hip if you do not need for balance.

Condition your lead knee thigh calf region especially the outside to the front. Learn to cover when a leg is thrown to your lead side at every level including over your head. Learn/create an attack After cover. Learn/create an attack During cover. Learn/create attacks that shift from attack, To cover.

Learm/drill anti-grappling~--getting out of grabs (not reversals). You should not let a grab get as far as a hold. Also, escape foot work. Once you're escaping where to move to keep from getting put back in nearly immediately. Foot work to creat distance or buy you time.~

Find a rhythm of stepping to catch your breath/settle your heartbeat. In between tussles. Fid a sway or body adjustment that also steadies-down your heartbeat for long clinch tussle sessions.

Learn how to relax out of a hold. And breathing to tolerate pain to go through the pain as you adjest out of a situation/hold.

These might be a help.

"4. If you could begin your train anew to become the most effective martial artist possible, what style would you choose?"

Unfortunately I would probabally only make-up something based-on all I'd come across, heard, seen. And I would be worse off than now because I would not include the conditioning of coordination and muscle cooperation and whatever else, of forms (for me from books animal/Heung Kuen, Shao-Lin five animal Tiger'Crane (Bucksam Kong) Snake cat crane; Shao-lin fists forms; Pa Kua circle walking and changes (single double snake/crane, hawk, bear, lion, phoenix, monkey with bowls, dragon); meridian qigong; Eighteen Ahrats Kung-Fu; Striking Snake Maneuvers, Sevenstar Praying Mantis (word techniques (first three to five or so, ou lou tsai peng kwa)), Phoenix Eye Fist (system exercises), White Crane (Plum flower); Drunken monkey;...

qiphlow
08-28-2004, 07:54 PM
dude--if you win the ultimate fightin' champeenship, then what? nothing left to do! 'cause it's the ULTIMATE fightin' championship!

the pinnacle of tournaments! the top of the pops! the best of the best! (sorry, that's eric roberts...)

so consider carefully your entry--perhaps you should start with the fairly good fighters tournament, then move up to the collection of badass moth**f**kers contest, THEN to the UFC.
that way, you get to savor your climb to victory as the winner of the UFC, thus becoming.......................................... .................................................. .........................................

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!

SimonM
09-05-2004, 02:28 PM
What you want to do DMS is go hunting down random dark alleys for muggers and challenge them to fights. That will train you for the calibre of fighting at the UFC. :p

Or you know, get you killed, whatever. ;)

MasterKiller
09-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Hard Fists
I don't think your serious...If you are, I am sorry...Why don't you give me some proof...I tell you what, I see you qualify and fight in the UFC I will take you out to dinner, by you chocolates, and get you laid in DC when you come to town.----I will deliver...maybe not on the getting laid part, now that I'm married I don't go on the town looking for girls that often anymore....but we can try:D If you seriously doubt him, let him poke your wife if he qualifies. Otherwise, it's like gambling with another man's money. You have nothing at stake.

Hard Fists
09-15-2004, 12:35 PM
If he is going to do it anyway....

Also, I wasn't kidding...I'll take him out to eat...buy him chocolates...and try to get him laid.

I'll also admit I was wrong. As for taking a poke at my wife... why you being nasty...

MasterKiller
09-15-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm just saying that if you are going to call him out, you should have something at stake as well. If he shows, he gets a go at your woman. No anal or anything major. It's the only fair thing to do.

blooming lotus
09-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by dimmakseminar
Dear Readers:
So, I am considering entering the Ultimate Fighting Championship!

And I am very excited about the prospect of utilising the cinnabar palm and other lethal techniques in the ring to subdue the opponents. Possibly even the Dim Mak, should it become necessary to do so. I have begun my training in earnest today. Much of my training has consisted of applying my techniques on metal doors and trees and such. However, throwing chopsticks through oak trees will not assist me in my quest to be the Ultimate Fighting Champion, as I know for a fact that chopsticks are not allowed in the UFC ring, based on Section 7(c)1 of the UFC rules of engagement, which explicitly states "chopsticks are not allowed in the UFC ring".

To complement my training, I have decided to permanently move to New York City to train. Initially I felt that training with one of the many Shao-Lin Monks that my board compatriot, ninja, knows would be advantageous, as everyone knows that these guys are badass. For various legal reasons of immigration entry and exit which affect me and the reasons of which shall not be disclosed, Yan Lei in Mother England was not an option, although he might be the one most qualified to assist. However, upon further examination, it appears that all 5 of the NYC Monks (7 if you include Justin and Jamaal) do not teach applications nor do they actually practise martial techniques repetitiously in class. It appears that these classes would perhaps be no more helpful than taking a Justin Timberlake dance class. Perhaps less so, because with the Justin Timberlake dance class you not only would also learn some cool moves and get some cardio, but the ladies would dig you, too. Because, you would be in touch with your inner N'Sync'er AND you would not be ashamed to publicly show your affection for these types of activities. But I digress.

Therefore I am looking to find an art or Master in New York with whom I can exchange knowledge. I realise that my training needs complementing, because although I am generally able to keep an attacker away, I have oft wondered what might happen should Royce Gracie actually get close enough to grab ahold and take me to the ground. Not that it would happen, but the thought has crossed my mind. I do not believe that he could chin na me. Unless he took me to the ground. Which is what I wish to avoid.

So, dear friends, I ask of you three questions:
1. If you could complement your training with any Art to further your personal quest of winning the UFC, what art would it be?
2. Do you know of any Masters of this art in NYC?
3. Would any of this change if you only had 3 months to train?
4. If you could begin your train anew to become the most effective martial artist possible, what style would you choose?

The fourth question was a bonus question. Thanking you in advance for your honest replies to my serious questions and, I remain,

Ultimately yours,

dimmakseminar

PS: this should in no way be interpretted as a shunning of the arts Dark Arts of Shao-Lin and Iga, but merely an attempt to continue to grow and expand ones abilities by addressing possible weaknesses in the quest to become the Ultimate Fighting Champion!

DMS : as a proficient fellow DM + practioner, I can tell you in manhattan / ny , both xing peng and shaolin monk training dude ( shi Guolin) an hour or so way, are onto all of their forms and styles. I have no doubt you will kick as8 and wish you the best of kungfu sister wishing best luck. you'll be smashing..

Ps: check www.shaolinkungfuoverseas.com for guolin links and www.europeanshaolinkungfu.com for lipeng

call it chin na if you have to when you chat, 'cause here in China, it's much to muchness.

luck and gold belt buckles to you ;) :)

BL