PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Mag staff

brothernumber9
05-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Any insights you can divulge about what will be covered in the upcoming issue?

Any info would be great particularly if there may be any history type articles about a specific system or pugilist.

thanks

GeneChing
05-12-2004, 11:19 AM
...if you really want to know, click here. (http://store.martialartsmart.net/19341.html) ;)

brothernumber9
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
.......weak.......

@PLUGO
05-12-2004, 01:51 PM
In the near future we'll be publishing some articles on

kungfu

:cool:

brothernumber9
05-12-2004, 02:09 PM
maybe you guys have nothing and you just scramble around at the last minute grabbing old submissions and throw them together with some letters and ads and thats it so you don't know and don't really care

GeneChing
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
...except we do care. ;)

Seriously, we do plan out our issues, usually working one to two issues in advance. But we don't divulge topics/articles/specials until they come out for several reasons. One is that they are subject to last minute changes. You know that scene where somebody runs in and yells "stop the presses!"? Well, that doesn't quite happen here because we outsource printing, but we do often make last minute changes. In fact, we are entertaining the idea of changing our cover master for the next issue right now due to some timing issues. The other reason is because we do compete with other magazines and we don't want to be scooped, although that's a minor one, because when that happens, it's usually because some manipulative author did a simultaneous submission.

But FWIW, publishing is pretty chaotic. Ever watch Just shoot me? It's kinda like that. I'm kinda like the Nina Van Horn character, except I'm a guy. DS is kinda like the photographer dude. OK, that's not true. I wish it was like that show. MA publishing is far less glamourous (unless DS wear his evening attire :p )